• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Street Fighter 4 Æ |OT5| Waiting to go from Super to Ultra

Status
Not open for further replies.
There's definitely going to be at least one or two big fighting games from Capcom until then. Something like a Capcom all stars hopefully.

Oh yeah I fucking forgot about the iOS game.

i0LiGd9tfl08X.gif

Just picked up AE on PC and played about 40 quick match ranked games last night. I won 2! I used Viper and Fei Long mostly and so far I am doing a good job not getting frustrated. Does anyone know of any good tutorials for those characters that may help out a buffoon like me?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C8UzFVF0DQU for C Viper

http://www.youtube.com/user/Snoooootch/search?query=fei+long+tutorial Fei Wrong'

I'd stick to Fei Long to start out basics and he has easier motions than C.Viper.

gutabo

fuck, super keeps coming out when I try to do FFF on the right side. screw this shiet, lol

Back when I tried her years ago I did this: standing(or crouching) HP, hcb + HP, downforward + 3P, downforward + 3P, down, downforward +3P

I used the HP button to do the first HP and the HP TK, then I used the 3P button to do the HP TK cancel, the same button to do the crouching fierce afterwards while holding downforward and used the srk shortcut + the same 3P button to get the ex seismo. Hope it helps, it was easier for me that way and if you don't go to forward you'll never get the super. Seismo cancelling is another story tho...

cHaotix8

I can play.

Edgeward34

ggs, cHaotix8. You're gonna have to let me play that Dudley more next time. ;)

Yeah man, GG's. I've been using Ryu a lot recently to try and improve on certain things. But man it's hard to anti air Sagat online, dude falls like a meteor into a black hole haha. I'll play Dudley more next time.

Back when I tried her years ago I did this: standing(or crouching) HP, hcb + HP, downforward + 3P, downforward + 3P, down, downforward +3P

I used the HP button to do the first HP and the HP TK, then I used the 3P button to do the HP TK cancel, the same button to do the crouching fierce afterwards while holding downforward and used the srk shortcut + the same 3P button to get the ex seismo. Hope it helps, it was easier for me that way and if you don't go to forward you'll never get the super. Seismo cancelling is another story tho...

I've been having some success with a bit of this way. Thanks! And I still need to work on the timing with negative edge, ugh

Yeah man, GG's. I've been using Ryu a lot recently to try and improve on certain things. But man it's hard to anti air Sagat online, dude falls like a meteor into a black hole haha. I'll play Dudley more next time.

omg, I thought I was the only one, lol. Somehow I can anti-air Cody, Sakura, etc...but my mind just goes blank when I play Sagat. And his wakeup timing feels different...like I screw up my safe jumps on him.

Onemic

I've been having some success with a bit of this way. Thanks! And I still need to work on the timing with negative edge, ugh

omg, I thought I was the only one, lol. Somehow I can anti-air Cody, Sakura, etc...but my mind just goes blank when I play Sagat. And his wakeup timing feels different...like I screw up my safe jumps on him.

His wakeup timing is different. Gets up a few frames slower I think

edit: 1 frame slower

I know how you feel. In my mind I think "Wait what? Sagat just jumped at me, really?". Just be thankful he doesn't have Vanilla j. MP anymore. That thing was godly and annoying as hell because it had a lot of priority and active frames. It would beat or trade against a lot anti-air normals. Just one more thing about Vanilla Sagat that I'm glad is gone now.

gutabo

Yup, sagat and cammy get up 1 frame later, blanka gets up 2 frames later than the rest and depending on how he lands after a regular throw dhalsim too gets up a frame later(at least after being regular thrown by honda). Also depending on who your opponent is, his hurtbox might make some crossups or meaty attacks whiff.

Edit: Examples in video form. One setup for everyone(whiffing crouching MK-20 frames total), another for cammy/sagat(whiffing crouching MP-21 frames total) and another for blanka(whiffing standing MP-22 frames total).

what would be a good alternate for honda? specifically someone to cover his bad matchups against chun/sim/guile and possibly shotos? for posterity, i've tried dee jay, cody and bipson. i like bison but i feel like he still has the same weak matchups

LakeEarth

Someone rushdown I guess, like Abel or Rufus. I was a Abel/Honda main for a while. It's kind of a complete 180º in playstyle though.

I know how you feel. In my mind I think "Wait what? Sagat just jumped at me, really?". Just be thankful he doesn't have Vanilla j. MP anymore. That thing was godly and annoying as hell because it had a lot of priority and active frames. It would beat or trade against a lot anti-air normals. Just one more thing about Vanilla Sagat that I'm glad is gone now.

yeah, that move used to give me nightmares (that and the LOL combo)

thanks for the info! I should really do my homework more in this game. Maybe I will actually get better at this game :(

I am amazed how pro players can focus on footsies and anti-air at the same time.

xCobalt

I am amazed how pro players can focus on footsies and anti-air at the same time.

That's something I really need to work on. It's hard for me to "multitask". In the neutral game, it's not too bad but when things get intense it's hard for me to be on point with anti airs, punishes, blocking, ect. It can also be difficult for me to hit confirm from option selects. I tend to be so focused on their escape option that I can't react fast enough to the initial move hitting.

I'm the same way, I can only DP on reaction when I'm focusing on looking for jump ins. If I walked up to my opponent and threw out a low forward and they jump it before it hits them, I won't DP because my focus was on low forward fireball and seeing a sudden jump ins makes me think "OMG, block block block" even though I know I could DP that jump in every time if I could just react quick enough to input the motions in time. I actually tried doing that today and ate a jump in for it. So it's going to take a lot of time and getting use to in order for me to add that to my repertoire.

Roche

I'm the same way, I can only DP on reaction when I'm focusing on looking for jump ins. If I walked up to my opponent and threw out a low forward and they jump it before it hits them, I won't DP because my focus was on low forward fireball and seeing a sudden jump ins makes me think "OMG, block block block" even though I know I could DP that jump in every time if I could just react quick enough to input the motions in time. I actually tried doing that today and ate a jump in for it. So it's going to take a lot of time and getting use to in order for me to add that to my repertoire.

Yeah whenever I actually try to react in this kind of situation I'm always just a little bit too slow and I end up getting wrecked because of it.

gutabo

what would be a good alternate for honda? specifically someone to cover his bad matchups against chun/sim/guile and possibly shotos? for posterity, i've tried dee jay, cody and bipson. i like bison but i feel like he still has the same weak matchups

Back when I played I used Blanka and it worked great as long as people didn't know the blanka matchup or wasn't ready for a rushdown Blanka. Then they started turtling too and gimmicks can't take you that far. Towards the end of my time with the game I tried with Viper(not trolling, RIP saty :( ) and it was sooo nice to seismo far fireballs on reaction and mixup guiles/dhalsims to death. She even has lots of fake crossups too that people don't know about yet! But I still was murdered by people that knew the matchup better than me tho.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom