• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Street Fighter 4 Æ |OT5| Waiting to go from Super to Ultra

Status
Not open for further replies.
FChamp's Sim match ups (top being the most difficult)
11_dhalsimtierfchamp01.jpg

Have to agree with most of this. Playing online, my experience makes me feel like Juri is much tougher.

LakeEarth

I finally started having some success this weekend using Rose. She has some real shit match ups at least at my skill level, but its the first time I feel like I can use the whole character.
She's really good, I've been winning with her quite a bit lately. Her fireball war game is good, her pokes are great, her anti-airs are strong, amazing throw range and backdash all day. I also love people who completely spazz out when orbs are activated. Her only downfall is her damage output and no really good GTFO move.

Regarding FChamp's list, I wonder what makes T.Hawk and Zangief so different that they are separated by 2 tier lines.

She's really good, I've been winning with her quite a bit lately. Her fireball war game is good, her pokes are great, her anti-airs are strong, amazing throw range and backdash all day. I also love people who completely spazz out when orbs are activated. Her only downfall is her damage output and no really good GTFO move.

Regarding FChamp's list, I wonder what makes T.Hawk and Zangief so different that they are separated by 2 tier lines.

T Hawk's jump options and his SRK. T Hawk can empty jump, jump then dive, jump with a meaty, dive then SPD, dive then grab, dive then SRK. Hard to AA him since he can vary his jump arch and timing.

LakeEarth

The only reason I don't still play 3S:O is because I got tired of paying for Live and play on PS3 exclusively (free while it lasts). I am craving it though (and UMvC3), I might pick up a month/3 month card just to scratch my itch.

AutumnAve

I still play Third strike all the time primarily because of one reason, the super art cancel. It feels so good to use footsies as a mechanism into big damage. It's why I love Yatagarasu as much as I do, with Shima I can use the same Super Art cancels as Ken. Love it.

Toxi

Banned
I've started playing Abel online and he's a ton of fun. I've even started to win a few matches. Thanks for recommending him, Lost Fragment.

Lost Fragment

Obsessed with 4chan
Not only has my stick randomly stopped registering buttons, it's stopped registering the stick now too. Played a bit of AE tonight and I got hit so many times when I was just downbacking.

RIP fighting games until I can afford a new stick. Which will probably be...a while :(

AutumnAve

Not only has my stick randomly stopped registering buttons, it's stopped registering the stick now too. Played a bit of AE tonight and I got hit so many times when I was just downbacking.

RIP fighting games until I can afford a new stick. Which will probably be...a while :(

My TE round two was doing the same thing, I ended up having to re-solder all the connections on the PCB

Whoa, I just had one of those epic comebacks. I played a Sagat player named Warahk86, I don't know if this is the same Warahk that played Guile during the Super days but it might be.

Anyways it was the last round and I was getting beat down pretty bad. He just knocked me into the corner and all I had left was the magic pixel. I was pretty desperate and just mashed teleport even though I was already cornered. It turned out that was exactly what I needed because he did kara tiger uppercut and I recovered in time to punish him. I made 3 correct guesses and dizzied him and finished with Ultra.

Dat gawtlike feel that I'm experiencing right now.

Whoa, I just had one of those epic comebacks. I played a Sagat player named Warahk86, I don't know if this is the same Warahk that played Guile during the Super days but it might be.

Anyways it was the last round and I was getting beat down pretty bad. He just knocked me into the corner and all I had left was the magic pixel. I was pretty desperate and just mashed teleport even though I was already cornered. It turned out that was exactly what I needed because he did kara tiger uppercut and I recovered in time to punish him. I made 3 correct guesses and dizzied him and finished with Ultra.

ggs. Divekick kills me.

Dat feel of insufficient funds

nice!

yeah it probably was the same warahk. i know before he dropped sf completely for KOF, he was using sagat during sessions @ uc irvine. good to see he's getting back into it.

ggs. Divekick kills me.

Kunai pressure kills me, with my main anyways. I'm so lost when it comes to that match up. I really wanted to win with Evil Ryu but I couldn't. The matches were laggy so I couldn't react to certain things like those neckbreakers or hit by Axe kick combos. But it didn't change the fact that I just couldn't handle certain things well or finally succumb to all the different vortex set ups. Fireball were practically useless as you can just keep sliding under them on reactions. The only way I can see myself beating your Ibuki is to return the pressure and I can't force my way in with Evil Ryu the same way I can with Yun or Seth.

nice!

yeah it probably was the same warahk. i know before he dropped sf completely for KOF, he was using sagat during sessions @ uc irvine. good to see he's getting back into it.

Time to upload and brag about beating a somewhat well known player lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom