• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Street Fighter 4 Æ |OT5| Waiting to go from Super to Ultra

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lost Fragment

Obsessed with 4chan
Yo, the fuck? I don't know you like that. Come the fuck on bro.

Just fucking around. I apologize if it was over the line though.

Replacing a sanwa JLF pcb is easy and cheap you know. If you managed to swap a complete JLF assembly you're pretty far already.

Ah, thanks. Didn't know the stick PCB was that cheap. Now I hope that's the thing that's actually wrong with my stick. The input drops aren't as random as I thought. It just has trouble registering down back on the left side for whatever reason. If I move the stick even slightly away from a certain position it'll go from down back to down.

Veal

It never comes out when I hold it so I tend not to use it. Zonk doesn't come out 70% of the time, I could hold it for 10 seconds and nothing. I dunno why.

I just need to figure out what is safe and what I can punish Gouken with on whiffs and block. I just plain lost on those Ryu/Dudley matches play enough of those already.

Literally anything. Gouken is so free if you block :/

Sorry, having an ultra salty night. But seriously, anything.

Trickster

Anyone that can tell how to do a wakeup on ultra? Just lost because someone did it to me. And it felt frustrating as hell because I could have probably beat him a few seconds earlier if I knew how to do it myself

Edit - Oh shit son, we C rank up in here now!

Also, I'm the ultimate EX-shoryuken warrior right now. It like the only move I'm able to pull consistently right now. I try to do other stuff, but it just doesnt work whenever I play people lol. No problem doing them in the safe haven of training mode however...

I don't know what to do midscreen with Yang. Its like I have a mental gameplan gap when I am in that space. With Sim you have med-punch, fireball, slide, j HP, and few more options based on what they do. Yang? I always want to Dive kick or wait for a fireball but I don't feel like I have a good AA if they jump in.

Lost Fragment

Obsessed with 4chan
Speaking of Yang, I can't do HP rekka FADC U1 to save my life. Pretty much anything that makes you do QCF x2 real quick I can't do too well, which is weird because I have pretty good execution otherwise. Is there some kind of trick to that shit or do I just suck?

jlai

Speaking of Yang, I can't do HP rekka FADC U1 to save my life. Pretty much anything that makes you do QCF x2 real quick I can't do too well, which is weird because I have pretty good execution otherwise. Is there some kind of trick to that shit or do I just suck?

you just suck

Robot Pants

Sometimes doing QCFx2 towards the right is more difficult than going left for me.

AutumnAve

Best Ken in the entire universe.

Can't stop, won't stop.
Eu2HCk9.gif
i just wanna be successful. lol.

I've been trying to get rid of this stick...

7748557614_944ed5cf27_c.jpg

it has full sanwa on one side with both side wired on ps dualshock PCB to allow every convertor to work. Also, i will throw in a madcatz SE with full sanwa for you can gut it and transfer the stick, buttons and pcb to into it.

let me know if anyone is interested.

AutumnAve

I've been trying to get rid of this stick...

7748557614_944ed5cf27_c.jpg

it has full sanwa on one side with both side wired on ps dualshock PCB to allow every convertor to work. Also, i will throw in a madcatz SE with full sanwa for you can gut it and transfer the stick, buttons and pcb to into it.

let me know if anyone is interested.

How much?

LakeEarth

You should only ever get SRK'd between blockstrings once. After that, you should be baiting that shit out for the punish until they stop.

xCobalt

You should only ever get SRK'd between blockstrings once. After that, you should be baiting that shit out for the punish until they stop.

The worst feeling is when you spend a lot of time trying to bait it and nothing happens. Then the moment you try to do a frame trap, you get dp'd. Shit's infuriating.

Imm0rt4l

yeah you're dropping the link if you get srk'd in between a combo...

He's talking about blockstrings. I think.
Either one of the two is the case for sure. But I'm leaning towards blockstrings. Also learn what your 'true blockstrings' are.

Yea, gotta put the fear of being punished into them.

Trickster

Watching the excellent adventures with gootecks and mike ross. I've noticed that whenever they are blocking a combo from the enemy, you can always hear them pressing buttons at the same time the hits from the opponents is landing. Wondering if there's a reason behind them doing this?

Trickster

Any tips for getting in on defensive characters like E.Honda? Just got beat by a honda player who pretty much did nothing but back up and then do the head charge move and prevented me from jumping in on him...

Devined

I have trouble when people stay in my face and keep pressing buttons. No matter how i try to counter i just get bopped. Any advice?

MIMIC

Banned
Watching the excellent adventures with gootecks and mike ross. I've noticed that whenever they are blocking a combo from the enemy, you can always hear them pressing buttons at the same time the hits from the opponents is landing. Wondering if there's a reason behind them doing this?

they're mashing

That's a great video. I remember looking for something like that a long time ago.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom