• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Street Fighter 4 Æ |OT5| Waiting to go from Super to Ultra

Status
Not open for further replies.
This game is really refreshing.

Never gotten so many positive post match messages on any other game ever. People are chill as fuck. Anytime I lose or send a message asking about a particular move or setup people always respond with some helpful tip or whatever.

Xbox Live stereotypes don't apply to SSF4

Onemic

Never gotten so many positive post match messages on any other game ever. People are chill as fuck. Anytime I lose or send a message asking about a particular move or setup people always respond with some helpful tip or whatever.

You've just been lucky

Threi

notag

You have been either really lucky, really good to the point where people know they can't compete with you, or really bad to the point where they don't feel threatened. I wish I could share your experience with this game but really so many people are total assholes online.

xCobalt

Most people on endless aren't that bad. People usually stick around and I don't get any rage messages. Ranked on the other hand though...

there's another setup where you can throw a fireball that goes past them and you hit them with f.mk overhead kick which reels them back to combo into the fireball. after that you can still continue the combo into her dp from that fireball hit

#nerfsak
Yeah I forgot what stream I saw that on but that shit blew my mind. It might of been Chris G that did it. Not sure though.

Edit: Found it. Some Sakura player online did it to Daigo. So godlike.

iMRIEPnGvUb9y.gif

You have been either really lucky, really good to the point where people know they can't compete with you, or really bad to the point where they don't feel threatened. I wish I could share your experience with this game but really so many people are total assholes online.

Im very much an average/below average player. Just at 1000 ranked matches too. People have just been really cool to me I guess, must be luck

Trickster

You got dat annoying fwd Mk doe

Doesnt work well when he's spamming fireball, forcing me to jump over them in an attempt to get in. And then he jumps and outranges me with kick 100% of the time :p

I'm shit at the game currently btw. So all those fancy techniques I have available, I'm not really good enough to use with any kind of success :p

It's a trap!!

Are most people here PC players? I think I need to start getting owned by Gaffers. I'm tired of getting beaten by my friends. I want to go through a Hyperbolic Time Chamber and level up like mad, but I've been having some character trouble admittedly.

xCobalt

Doesnt work well when he's spamming fireball, forcing me to jump over them in an attempt to get in. And then he jumps and outranges me with kick 100% of the time :p

I'm shit at the game currently btw. So all those fancy techniques I have available, I'm not really good enough to use with any kind of success :p

Learn the ranges at which you can punish fireballs. Go into training mode, record sagat doing a fireball then hold back. Play it back and try to jump over the fireball and punish. If sagat blocks, don't jump at that range because you can be antiair'd. Test it with all his other fireballs.

To get into the good range, all you need to do really is walk and block. If the sagat player doesn't have meter and your reactions are good enough, you can focus absorb a fireball and dash in.

Trickster

Gonna play for around 30 minutes now before bed, ready to play if you have the pc version.

Btw, I think those 2 names I gave a few posts up were incorrect. Since the game uses GFWL, you 'd have to add my gamertag right? That is "sc trickster"

Trickster

I'm the worst player on here. Let's play some games Trick.

If the worst player here can beat me with like half the rooster ez pz, then I think I'll take the title of the worst player here now, thank you very much lol.

Edit - What's your rank btw? You were playing way better than the players I normally meet :p

Onemic

If the worst player here can beat me with like half the rooster ez pz, then I think I'll take the title of the worst player here now, thank you very much lol.

Edit - What's your rank btw? You were playing way better than the players I normally meet :p

you got trolled(dat false PP/BP) :p

Kadey is one of the best players here imo

Worst players here are me, Passass and Autumn. You can join the team o' scrubs.

xCobalt

I haven't played enough people here to see where I would stand. I've only joined Kadey's lobby on XBL a few times.

I tend to get bodied in short sets though. If I run a really long set, it tends to go in my favour. It's probably due to my lack of matchup experience and it may take me awhile to adapt.

you got trolled(dat false PP/BP) :p

Kadey is one of the best players here imo

Worst players here are me, Passass and Autumn. You can join the team o' scrubs.

Autumn is slightly improving.

Passass flow chart ibuki is ok, but his Ryu is one of the worst I've played.

I played you awhile back and you rage quit on me when I Kara threw you to death.

Kadey, he is ok, and sometime surprising ...

Jlai, threi, chotix and sandayat,..I played them briefly and they are top here.

Timedog Ryu was free.....

...Gods Beard is as good as his Italian dinner..

Autumn is slightly improving, passass flow chart ibuki is ok, but his Ryu is one of the worst I've played. I played you awhile back and you rage quit on me when I Kara threw you to death.

wat. my game crashed.

I played you awhile back and you rage quit on me when I Kara threw you to death.

We gotta play sometimes, I want to know where I stand lol. BTW, Kadey is a girl. Jlai, Chaotix, and Saty are definitely tops in GAF(if Saty still claims GAF which I doubt) although I did blow up Chaotix's Ryu really badly with my Yun one time which I will always cherish. Threi is a notch below those guys, but still really solid. I had to pull out all of my gimmicks to keep up with him.

We gotta play sometimes, I want to know where I stand lol. BTW, Kadey is a girl. Jlai, Chaotix, and Saty are definitely tops in GAF(if Saty still claims GAF which I doubt) although I did blow up Chaotix's Ryu really badly with my Yun one time which I will always cherish. Threi is a notch below those guys, but still really solid. I had to pull out all of my gimmicks to keep up with him.

Wait wait, as in kayo police/karaface status?

cHaotix8

:'(

I think i blocked divekick wrong like 7 times in a row that match, haha.

And Timedog is the best player I've ever played on Gaf. Yeah, I said it.

Hinomura

Once I beat Kadey TWO TIMES IN A ROW!

But Kadey usually beats me HUNDREDS, THOUSANDS TIMES IN A ROW.

Aaaand maybe I'm late to the train, but what about GFWL for PC Version? Are they updating it to Steamworks or Ultra Street Fighter is a necessary (obviously) step?

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
LOL.

Well at least I know he didn't watch any of my videos.

I'm the worst on here because I don't watch YT videos, I don't care to use option selects, etc, I don't know anything about properties or frame data of anything, I don't even know the name of certain moves I do. I just play. Anything I learn to do, I learn during battle. So I am the worst.

Axis

you forgot dbj, joe and rb ^_^

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
Charge as charging in to take damage.

The real list is Rb and Saty at the top. RB's Viper and Yun are a tad below Latiff and Hsien's respectively. Saty is just old and perverted and is held back by a character with many bad matchups.

Those guys mentioned right below.

Everybody else.

And then me. :)

xCobalt

So is it normal for anyone else to have their balltop unscrew while practicing Rekkas? I think this is a sign...

That happened to me after using the stick for a year or two. Had to open up the stick and tighten the screw underneath the joystick. Just manually screwing the balltop wasn't tight enough.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
The PRO fightstick is very prone to unscrewing and the Chun stick as well. I've had to tighten them up a couple of times. Pretty much the only stick I can use without any issue these days is the VS stick. I still need to get a PS3 version. The HK stick I'm using now is annoying me.

you forgot dbj, joe and rb ^_^

I didn't, I was just going by the names that Shin mentioned in his post. Didn't want to go through everybody, especially since a lot of these guys almost never post here anymore like eva01. Hell I remember Semitry bodying me really hard in AE with Yun back when he was godly. Does anybody see him around anywhere?

We had a lot of really good players that rarely post or don't come around anymore. I even remember playing MicVlad(da original bess GAF Sim) once in Vanilla. He's European though but I set my region to all because I couldn't find any games and was willing to play Europeans just to get some matches in.

:'(

I think i blocked divekick wrong like 7 times in a row that match, haha.

But you just had to block my set up into the cross up shoulder. If only I had landed that with everything else working then I would have quit SF after that match because I could never feel that god like again lol.

Onemic

damn, you goin in

I didn't rage quit, unless you consider leaving a multiperson lobby after a completed match rage quitting. I was salty though.

If you're around Mesmer we can do that FT5 that we were suppose to literally months ago. Just say so on here, I'll be around keeping a eye on the thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom