• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Street Fighter 4 Æ |OT5| Waiting to go from Super to Ultra

Status
Not open for further replies.

Westlo

So what do you think we'll get @ gamescon? Maybe just a proper hype vid for the 4 cross tekken chars with music and their two ultras? A quick 5-10 arc scene showing off some other changes thrown in as well?

Devined

So what do you think we'll get @ gamescon? Maybe just a proper hype vid for the 4 cross tekken chars with music and their two ultras? A quick 5-10 arc scene showing off some other changes thrown in as well?

Hopefully at least a Guess that Pokemon type thing for the 5th fighter.

Something that irks the hell out of me, for no sensible reason, is the fact that when the round starts and you have the announcer start the round every character has their standing animation.

when the FIGHT text happens a lot of characters are still not done with their looping animation (like zangief) and immediately cancels it and it annoys me. Im weird i know.

holdbrillanj

Neo Member
Something that irks the hell out of me, for no sensible reason, is the fact that when the round starts and you have the announcer start the round every character has their standing animation.

when the FIGHT text happens a lot of characters are still not done with their looping animation (like zangief) and immediately cancels it and it annoys me. Im weird i know.

Actually i kinda enjoy that "feature", specially El Fuerte. It looks like just getting ready and when the fight starts he goes crazy.

Speaking of idle animations, Deejay has the worst. I usually pick random opponents in training stage and whenever i get him i just gotta change. That "hey!" gets annoying real fast. He is even my main character.

Cammy's sneeze is the cutest :)

Trickster

Actually i kinda enjoy that "feature", specially El Fuerte. It looks like just getting ready and when the fight starts he goes crazy.

Speaking of idle animations, Deejay has the worst. I usually pick random opponents in training stage and whenever i get him i just gotta change. That "hey!" gets annoying real fast. He is even my main character.

Cammy sneezes? o_O

Threi

notag

DeeJay's mannerisms aren't just annoying, they can be detrimental to him (like him being the only character who's hitbox moves upward during his forward dash due to his little hop, and also being the only character (unless you count alt-costumed bison, cammy and gief) that makes an audible que for his backdash)

I appreciate them trying to make their characters more animated and have personality but they kinda went overboard with DJ. He is just creepy and stupid now.

Glix

Picked up the Steam version a few weeks back. What a great port!!!

I love that they let you turn off backgrounds to get 60fps gameplay. They know their game, and their audience and made a stellar PC port. NOW DO THE SAME FOR MARVEL!!!

My HRAP VX-SA was plug and play on the PC, had no issues whatsoever, and I've been doing very well in online matches.

I pretty much can only play 'gief. I'm struggling with learning new guys or just getting better and better with the big man.

jlai

DeeJay's mannerisms aren't just annoying, they can be detrimental to him (like him being the only character who's hitbox moves upward during his forward dash due to his little hop, and also being the only character (unless you count alt-costumed bison, cammy and gief) that makes an audible que for his backdash)

I appreciate them trying to make their characters more animated and have personality but they kinda went overboard with DJ. He is just creepy and stupid now.

It's humorous how Deejay has to celebrate after landing U2 leaving you right next to the waking up opponent with no time for a proper setup afterwards

Rentahamster

Rodent Whores
It's humorous how Deejay has to celebrate after landing U2 leaving you right next to the waking up opponent with no time for a proper setup afterwards

You're not a true Jamaican if you can't spare a little time for some maraca dancin', mon.

AutumnAve

How on earth do I defend against Vega?

I play Adon and I just got destroyed by him. Izuna drops and those wall jumping slashes, once he got a rythym I was done for.

Any tips?

I can help some. My only success against a claw player is to get in their face, don't let them get a change on you, cross them up, and watch out for his pokes. It can either be your easiest match up, or your most frustrating.

How on earth do I defend against Vega?

I play Adon and I just got destroyed by him. Izuna drops and those wall jumping slashes, once he got a rythym I was done for.

Any tips?

as a Vega player, If you can close the distance and be aggressive it can nullify a lot of my options. 1st of all as a charge character, cross-overs force me to block and it ruins my charge.

Also, i have no options to get out of heavy pressure outside of Ex-flip kick. if you see me do the back sommersault, its mainly out of desperation and hoping that you are in attack animation and gives em enough time to widen the distance gap.

Marz

Every time I beat someone with Sagat they try to mirror match me for some reason lol.

Also this game has too many badass characters: Sagat,Oni,Akuma,Guy,Gief,Gouken,Gen I wanna learn them all lol

I can help some. My only success against a claw player is to get in their face, don't let them get a change on you, cross them up, and watch out for his pokes. It can either be your easiest match up, or your most frustrating.

as a Vega player, If you can close the distance and be aggressive it can nullify a lot of my options. 1st of all as a charge character, cross-overs force me to block and it ruins my charge.

Also, i have no options to get out of heavy pressure outside of Ex-flip kick. if you see me do the back sommersault, its mainly out of desperation and hoping that you are in attack animation and gives em enough time to widen the distance gap.

Yeah I won one round by getting in close and staying there, crossing up and spamming rising jaguars and Jaguar kicks with tech throws.

Other rounds I couldn't get close and he got his rhythm going.

This stuff is very useful though thanks, rarely get a Vega online but I guess I'll hit training and try learn how to deal with him.

Trickster

Anyone know if the dlc costumes you have own for the game on PC, will still work once ultra comes out? I'm just wondering, given that they're moving from gfwl to steamworks.

Once in a while I'll get the "I can beat you with your character" or "retsu mirror matchu" guys to. I always find it a bit amusing, especially if I beat them with the character they were using before. I've done it myself on occasion myself when I run into Yun or Seth players. But I only do it against guys that I feel I'm much better than. No reason to switch and get bodied although that has happened to me sometimes when I try the mirror match.

Marz

Its pretty annoying, especially considering I'm mostly playing to learn matchups. I don't want to play against someone's random Sagat no matter how good they are.

Then again, just need to get better an body dem fools.

I hate people on PC who got 3/4k PP who kicks me out or doesn't use their main to play me just because I have low PP. Their ego won't let their 10k BP main to lost to my OBP. Even worst when they do play their main, and lose then they message me complaining about lag....

Definitely. I'm thinking we'll see the announcement of the fifth character at TGS and a playable build at Capcom Cup.

It would help if we could at least get some dates for the loketest or news about what changes are being made right now. We know about 10 or so characters, have rumors on a small handful, and the rest are still up in the air.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom