• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Street Fighter 4 Æ |OT5| Waiting to go from Super to Ultra

Status
Not open for further replies.

xCobalt

Easy 6-4 in Ken's favor according to Michael-tan, shits going to be close to 7-3 with the current Ken changes lol, unless Sagat gets something outside of a fix to his ultra corner glitch.

If all the changes stick, I could see Ken being top 3 in the next iteration. Comboable sweep, faster walk speed along with the current top tier being nerfed, I think it's very possible.

Westlo

If all the changes stick, I could see Ken being top 3 in the next iteration. Comboable sweep, faster walk speed along with the current top tier being nerfed, I think it's very possible.

Well Ultra Ken is shaping up to be a much stronger version of AE Ken and he was Top 7 at worst in that game. (as well as being 3rd most high level bp character in japanese arcades after the twins).

Ultra Yun won't be as good as AE Yun
Ultra Yang won't be as good as AE Yang
Ultra Fei won't be as good as AE Fei
Ultra Akuma won't be as good as AE Akuma

Now Sagat and Sak could be better.

Just depends on if anyone gets overbuffed as well as how strong the new 5 are. Even a top character is pretty much useless if he gets hardcountered by even stronger characters, like Akuma did by Yun and Yang.

Ken got some really good buffs so far, he sounds like he could be top tier in USF4 as long as most other characters don't also get equally as good buffs. We don't know how much faster he will walk or how much the partial damage is. My assumption is that he'll have Ryu walk speed and partial damage will go from 326(from a HP SRK, FADC, Ultra) to 350-370. I'm not expecting anything too drastic when it comes to that.

Still waiting for news on dem Evil Ryu buffs. I only know of one so far and I've been practicing a lot on a certain combo that I think will take advantage of that new buff. Hopefully it works in USF4 or man did I waste a lot of time for nothing.

BTW, anybody play a Blanka player on PC called "Good Guy Bison". Dude rage quit on me and I'm kind of bitter about it. I really wanted dem points lol. He plays very gimmicky, even more so than most Blanka players IMO. And he uses the festival costume to top it off. I lost the first match with him but he came back eventually for a rematch.

In the last round he had me with almost no life left and tried to chip me with U2. I jumped over the first wave of electricity and activated my own U2. It had just enough reach to get Blanka and I was pretty fucking happy I must admit. Then before Evil Ryu does the part where he slams his opponents head to the ground I see the message saying he lost connection with me. Dude had over 3k PP, I was going to make a killing from him, but he decided to bail instead.

Trickster

LOL.

Well at least I know he didn't watch any of my videos.

I'm the worst on here because I don't watch YT videos, I don't care to use option selects, etc, I don't know anything about properties or frame data of anything, I don't even know the name of certain moves I do. I just play. Anything I learn to do, I learn during battle. So I am the worst.

Sounds more to me like you have a natural talent for the game, especially since you can play most of the roster :p

Regardless, it seems I got trolled real good haha

That happened to me after using the stick for a year or two. Had to open up the stick and tighten the screw underneath the joystick. Just manually screwing the balltop wasn't tight enough.

The PRO fightstick is very prone to unscrewing and the Chun stick as well. I've had to tighten them up a couple of times. Pretty much the only stick I can use without any issue these days is the VS stick. I still need to get a PS3 version. The HK stick I'm using now is annoying me.

Ahhhhh...that explains it. I'm using an SFxT pro fightstick. Thanks guys, I'll fix this thing.

Vice

Wow. After playing this game for nearly 5 years I finally figured out how to do headbutt to ultra for Balrog. Haha, wow I feel like an idiot for not realizing something so simple.

... nope.

Why is that your first thought when someone tells you a person is a girl?

girls don't play fighting games! specially not at Kadey's level!

I mean, doing cammy's full combo? Obviously has balls!

LOL.

Well at least I know he didn't watch any of my videos.

I'm the worst on here because I don't watch YT videos, I don't care to use option selects, etc, I don't know anything about properties or frame data of anything, I don't even know the name of certain moves I do. I just play. Anything I learn to do, I learn during battle. So I am the worst.

mind blown....

Kadey is like the fighting game player equivalent of Kimbo Slice. Just get in there and brawl.

edit: where are you gents getting the notes on Ken buffs? Me want read, too.

Well Ultra Ken is shaping up to be a much stronger version of AE Ken and he was Top 7 at worst in that game. (as well as being 3rd most high level bp character in japanese arcades after the twins).

Ultra Yun won't be as good as AE Yun
Ultra Yang won't be as good as AE Yang
Ultra Fei won't be as good as AE Fei
Ultra Akuma won't be as good as AE Akuma

Now Sagat and Sak could be better.

Just depends on if anyone gets overbuffed as well as how strong the new 5 are. Even a top character is pretty much useless if he gets hardcountered by even stronger characters, like Akuma did by Yun and Yang.

I think Akuma will always be the top shoto regardless. Dudes been nerf so many time and still ends up on top...

I have no idea why sakura needs to be buffed, I used to play her back in the days, but she just became to too ridiculous in AE13.... safe everything, crazy set up and stupid jump fierce...

Robot Pants

I think Akuma will always be the top shoto regardless. Dudes been nerf so many time and still ends up on top...

I have no idea why sakura needs to be buffed, I used to play her back in the days, but she just became to too ridiculous in AE13.... safe everything, crazy set up and stupid jump fierce...
Yea a few characters need absolutely no buffs. Sakura is definitely one. Id say Makoto is another for sure. And guy but no one agrees with me on that.

Lost Fragment

Obsessed with 4chan
Yea a few characters need absolutely no buffs. Sakura is definitely one. Id say Makoto is another for sure. And guy but no one agrees with me on that.

Nah I agree with that. Guy is really good. Most online Guys are flowchart run/stop pressure Guys that don't know how to do anything else though.

Trickster

Love to create a game as a C-rank scrub. And then have an A-rank player who is top 600 join and destroy me lol

There also seems to be a lot of players who create smurf accounts, that or just a lot of people are getting their second version of the game. Often meet players who have around the same BP as their PP in the low hundreds. And they just play completely unlike the normal player at those point levels.

xCobalt

Love to create a game as a C-rank scrub. And then have an A-rank player who is top 600 join and destroy me lol

There also seems to be a lot of players who create smurf accounts, that or just a lot of people are getting their second version of the game. Often meet players who have around the same BP as their PP in the low hundreds. And they just play completely unlike the normal player at those point levels.

That's kinda like me. I have about 1500 player points only and like 3000 with my main, Gouken. I spend most of my time in endless because I don't feel like I learn anything playing ranked.

AutumnAve

Laggy day. I blame it on love.

r55uqxc.gif
Kyaaa!!

Azn_Boy

Neo Member
You're mistiming it by one or two frames. In most cases, setups were the opponent can block both ways are often unblockable setups.

I did more research and apparently you're supposed to wait 1 frame before whiffing cr.mp.

That's ridiculous. I know it's not impossible, but that's fucking tedious. How reliably am I going to delay 1 frame before pressing a button in training mode let alone a match?

I'm beginning to think the majority of time when Tokido or Infiltration goes for this setup, it's just an ambiguous crossup rather than an unblockable.

Westlo

I did more research and apparently you're supposed to wait 1 frame before whiffing cr.mp.

That's ridiculous. I know it's not impossible, but that's fucking tedious. How reliably am I going to delay 1 frame before pressing a button in training mode let alone a match?

I'm beginning to think the majority of time when Tokido or Infiltration goes for this setup, it's just an ambiguous crossup rather than an unblockable.

Players like them spend a ridiculous amount of time in training mode working on that shit, it's something Xiao Hai (Chinese Cammy, Top 8 Evo last year, Top... 12 I think this year) found out when he played Sako's Evil Ryu in Topanga league. Sako's wife told him how Sako prepared for this match, perfecting the unblockable on Cammy etc, he was pretty much stunned at how many times Sako worked on it, that's why Xiao Hai didn't choose Cammy against Sako @ Evo.

xCobalt

The same way people do links. Just gotta practice it and develop the muscle memory. A lot of setups require manual timing...whether you gotta wait 1 frame or 11 frames, its still gonna be tough because you have one single frame to land it.

I've been watching lots of match footage lately and want to know something... how do players react to punishing focus attacks so consistently?

Is it just simply buffering the move and reacting to it? In the case of Evil Ryu, most of the time I'm trying to hit confirm MK > Fireball so I can FADC and combo/punish. How does someone like Sako know when to buffer in MK > DP or MK > Tatsu? Or Tokido cancelling his sweeps into demon. Is it just all reactions?

jlai

I've been watching lots of match footage lately and want to know something... how do players react to punishing focus attacks so consistently?

Is it just simply buffering the move and reacting to it? In the case of Evil Ryu, most of the time I'm trying to hit confirm MK > Fireball so I can FADC and combo/punish. How does someone like Sako know when to buffer in MK > DP or MK > Tatsu? Or Tokido cancelling his sweeps into demon. Is it just all reactions?

"i'm not psychic, i'm just observant"

kind of a combination of recognizing patterns in play/predictive buffering/reads

Trickster

Can I really not punish a hakan after he does his shitty ground slide attack? Every time I tried to throw him after low blocking it, he was able to tech my throw

Kioshen

Can I really not punish a hakan after he does his shitty ground slide attack? Every time I tried to throw him after low blocking it, he was able to tech my throw

His slide is -17 frames on block which means that unless he spaced it just right you should punish him with pretty much anything you have. I'm not even sure you can make it safe using correct spacing. Just don't throw him instead you can do max punish, sweep or even just dp.

xCobalt

I just checked the frame data and if done at max distance, Hakan is +4 on block. I'm not familiar with Hakan but I imagine if he's closer than midscreen, its punishable. If he's further out, I think he would be at the advantage. Test it out in training mode though, see what ranges you can punish him.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom