• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Street Fighter 4 Æ |OT5| Waiting to go from Super to Ultra

Status
Not open for further replies.

Marz

You bow down to the king :p

I actually have no idea. I play adon now and I love his playstyle. I do know that JK is negative on block even though it's only -2 or something like that.

Sagat will always be da king!

Standing HK is good, but you just treat it like a fireball...free jump ins.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
200.gif

How many do you have to break ? Kadey Staph !

You are right. What the hell am I thinking? Fuck Microsoft.

SOMEONE COME SAVE ME FROM JLAI ON PC :c

edit: My vega prevailed! Huzzah! and my balrog! one pebble at a time!

EDT: Yo damn son. dat Cody lockdown in corner :C

EDIT: yo sakura can suck ma balls! 2 combo dizzy on guy GET DA ISH OUTTA HERE!

ggs jlai/Rice

i dont know if im getting better, but im definitely getting pointers! till another 4 am SF4 2 hour marathon!

2 hours, come on son. Real G's do this for 6 hours straight

my wife found a 3rd shift job, I get away with a lot more play time now :)

As for me, I'm hopeless. I guess this is as good as I can ever get on my own.

xCobalt

AE 2012 E. Ryu Matches
Some matches I recorded using E. Ryu. Tips would be nice. Please feel free to sub my page if you like my content, I'm constantly updating!

I don't play E.Ryu but the first thing I noticed is that you didn't do any of his bnbs. You spent your meter on cr.mk into ex axe kick rather than cr.mk, fireball, fadc into death.

Where are you from? I'm down for some sets if you're interested. Not enough XBL players here!

AE 2012 E. Ryu Matches
Some matches I recorded using E. Ryu. Tips would be nice. Please feel free to sub my page if you like my content, I'm constantly updating!

I didn't know you were Noriega from SRK, I sometimes see your post because I lurk the tier and rebalance thread and I sometimes see you post there. As for Evil Ryu, he's my main. I'm not that good, but I have some suggestions of my own.

-Those axe kicks: They're all pretty slow in general with the heavy version being far slower than the other 3. So it's not a good idea to throw them out raw like you were doing. And unlike Adon's jaguar kick, Evil Ryu's axe kick doesn't hit anything until it's practically all the way down. I've gotten crumpled so often from cr. MK > LK axe kick because I was hit out of my LK axe kick half way through it.

-Don't spam EX axe kick too much: I must admit, I'm kind of guilty of this myself and use it out of desperation quite a bit. But the point is since it won't combo from low forward, try to look for opportunities to land it or use it sparingly so that your opponent might not remember to block high.

-Spam far MK: OK, maybe spam isn't the right word. But use it a lot. It's a really good poke. It has great range and moves Evil Ryu forward. This move alone is the only reason I think Evil Ryu goes even with Ryu and it helps a lot in other match ups to where his cr. MK and sweep just aren't up to the task.

-Work on the Axe kick combo: This is basically what he's known for, a basic punish from a blocked DP nets you 373 damage. That really fucking hurts when most characters can only do 200-250.

-Learn to hit confirm low forward in the axe kick combo: If you have good reactions, then this is Evil Ryu's main way of landing this combo. You have to be close enough to land cr. HP or st. HP or you'll have to use a different combo. Honestly, I can't do this myself. I lack the reactions and still struggle mightily even in typical anti-air DP situations.

-Hop kick blows up crouch techs: Everybody crouch techs, a lot of people down right mash it. If you catch them with hop kick > EX tatsu, it nets you 270 damage or 334 if you're in the corner with MK axe kick ender or 405 with Ultra 1 ender. This is a shit ton of damage for blowing up a crouch tech. Look for opportunities though as this move is very punishable. Fortunately it seems like no one knows that yet because I get away with it all the time for free lol.

-He has a dive kick: It's not a great dive kick, but I think it's OK. Find opportunities to use it. His main ways of setting it up are off his throws and EX/HK axe kick.

That's really all I wanted to go over. He's a shoto so he can be played that way and that doesn't really need a long explanation. I just wanted to go over things that are unique to him.

-He has a dive kick: It's not a great dive kick, but I think it's OK. Find opportunities to use it. His main ways of setting it up are off his throws and EX/HK axe kick.

I can attest to that given that i ate 30 of Rice eater's kicks to the face expecting a cross-over before i finally learned.

Onemic

Is it sad I'm already hyped for Ultra at evo next year, especially if they really do nerf vortexes?

Akuma still has his vortex, Ibuki can still combo into kicks for hard knockdown instead of necknreaker for her vortex = vortexes still alive and well.

Beckx

Wait, is there concrete info on the changes out there? Link plx, I haven't had enough time to dedicate to SF lately. Any Bison/Hakan/Oni stuff?

AutumnAve

His divekick is a bit slow, but anything that redirects you in the air is powerful in SF4.

What's a good way to know when to press down to get the dive kick? I've never been able to reliably pull it off.

Is it sad I'm already hyped for Ultra at evo next year, especially if they really do nerf vortexes?

Not sad, its going to be off the chains.

Akuma still has his vortex, Ibuki can still combo into kicks for hard knockdown instead of necknreaker for her vortex = vortexes still alive and well.

you just being hard on shit to be hard on shit. In almost every Street Fighter you can get put into bad spots and eat a ton of damage with wrong guesses and shit.

MIMIC

Banned
Yea but in Canada.

Adon is so safe, he destroys focus attacks.

His low jump makes everything extra ambiguous.

Standing HK is stupid.

I've never understood Adon when it comes to focus attacks. Why does his Jaguar Kick break focus when other times, it doesn't (and when they aren't reversals)?

Lost Fragment

Obsessed with 4chan
So.. how do I fight Adon :(

99% of online Adons have very obvious jaguar kickk patterns. If you can identify that pattern and always be ready with something that beats it, you're gonna pretty much win since people aren't used to getting their jaguar kicks countered.

That move is one of the dumbest moves in the game. It's pretty much a motion scissor kick.

Imm0rt4l

That move is one of the dumbest moves in the game. It's pretty much a motion scissor kick.
Word
you just being hard on shit to be hard on shit. In almost every Street Fighter you can get put into bad spots and eat a ton of damage with wrong guesses and shit.
The difference is that a situation is usually reset, not lead into another ambiguous setup into another, intoanother, into stun. Super setup fighter

stn

@Rice-Eater

Thanks for the tips! The only SF I've ever been really good at is HDR - enough to beat tournament players. I'm average/mediocre in AE. Reason being I'm awful at deciding how and when to hit-confirm and I don't use the focus attack well. I guess I'm just not used to mixing strings with FADC and shit like that. I thought my HDR skills would translate into SF4 but they didn't as well as I had hoped. Bah. Anyway, appreciate the input. :)

@Rice-Eater

Thanks for the tips! The only SF I've ever been really good at is HDR - enough to beat tournament players. I'm average/mediocre in AE. Reason being I'm awful at deciding how and when to hit-confirm and I don't use the focus attack well. I guess I'm just not used to mixing strings with FADC and shit like that. I thought my HDR skills would translate into SF4 but they didn't as well as I had hoped. Bah. Anyway, appreciate the input. :)

That actually explains quite a bit about how you were playing. I just assumed you were a SF4 vet so I was confused as to why you weren't doing typical shoto combos that are practically the same across the board. If you stick with the game good luck then.

hey yo fuck that kunai! ;-;

Looks like your the latest victim of passass.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom