• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Street Fighter 4 Æ |OT5| Waiting to go from Super to Ultra

Status
Not open for further replies.

LakeEarth

So I just realized that balrog has a FULL SCREEN charge attack thingy, that ignore fireballs. That doesnt seem very fair to me...

If he did turn-around punch from full-screen, you should have recovered in time to block/reversal it. Unless you mean EX dashing punch (although in most cases you still could've blocked)? Either way, full-screen rushes can be punished on reaction.

gutabo

Weird. Is Honda considered grounded when he does j.HP that late?

No, Honda's jumping fierce has a huge horizontal range and that allows him to be able to hit his opponent while the first active frame of the srk whiffs. The second(or third frame, depending on the opponent or if it's an EX srk) active frame of the srk actually reaches Honda but by then he's landed and able to block. Also what cobalt said.

The other setup makes srks whiff(so it's safe to Honda) and fake setups/unblockables against some characters are very possible.

I was forced to play on PSN cause my wireless 360 controller adapter doesnt work either on my pc.

it was horrible. horrible. 9 second loading times. loading screens for for every single screen. that low ass resolution. i could see the characters float on the screen like a cheap 3d film!

lotta people in lobbies tho. never had trouble finding a match.

I was forced to play on PSN cause my wireless 360 controller adapter doesnt work either on my pc.

it was horrible. horrible. 9 second loading times. loading screens for for every single screen. that low ass resolution. i could see the characters float on the screen like a cheap 3d film!

Swimming in a sea of hyperbole, I see.

A lot of PSN folks don't have the game installed to the HDD, so sadly you will, indeed, see longer loads between matches while it syncs.

Marz

Lol. This guy.

MIMIC

Banned
Better late than never!

It's a hit:
hakan_u2_oiled.png

That means it behaves like makoto's fukiage(which only hits airborne opponents) but with crazy range and 2 frames of startup. And because it's a hit it can grab people doing air stuff very far because it can hit limbs unlike throws(which depend on a throwable hurtbox).

thanx!

Onemic

i was playing the wrong way! doesn't count!

Still got you the wins, that's all that matters.

Especially in a game like AE, I really don't think there are many things you can say are the wrong way to play, especially if you're netting wins. what's your steam ID? We can do a runback.

LakeEarth

Holy crap, I didn't know Blanka's ground U2 ultra does almost as much chip as his U1 ultra. I blocked it and died with a good 60-70 points of health left and died.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
Tonight was a really fun night. Bunch of well known players came into the lobby. And I beat a few super high level people. :)

This is kind of late but I wanted to post a bit about my TFC experience. I already did this in the TFC thread, but I just want to reiterate it here.

I went 0-2 in the tournament, not because I lost both my matches, instead I was DQ'd in both matches. When you walk into the tournament, SF4 stations are the first thing you see. I saw about 8 set ups and I don't know why, but I assumed that was it and I stayed there the entire time since I don't care for anything else.

A few hours later I talk to a guy I played in casuals about my pool. He tells me my pool is probably over already. It turns out that there were more SF4 stations on the other side of the room which is separated by the audience for the main stream. I had no idea about this of course. I go over there only to find out that I've been DQ'd already.

If that wasn't bad enough, I played against 3 guys in casuals earlier and got bodied hard. I went something like 0-20 overall against one Gief and Two Bisons. It turns out one of them was Tampa Bison. Basically the skill difference was too big and I had no chance against these guys. It was kind of a wake up call after not going to a tournament in a while.

I had some other bad luck as well, so overall I was pretty free at TFC. I only went there for one day and Raleigh is a two and a half hour drive. So it was a depressingly long drive home.

Threi

notag
that sucks man, guess you gotta take it as a life lesson.

As for getting bodied in casuals, you need to hit up that GAF bootcamp. You know where.

Azn_Boy

Neo Member
This is kind of late but I wanted to post a bit about my TFC experience. I already did this in the TFC thread, but I just want to reiterate it here.

I went 0-2 in the tournament, not because I lose both my matches, but I was DQ'd in both matches. When you walk into the tournament, SF4 stations are the first thing you see. I saw about 8 set ups and I don't know why, but I assumed that was it and I stayed there the entire time since I don't care for anything else.

A few hours later I talk to a guy I played in casuals about my pool. He tells me my pool is probably over already. It turns out that there were more SF4 stations on the other side of the room which is separated by the audience for the main stream. I had no idea about this of course. I go over there only to find out that I've been DQ'd already.

If that wasn't bad enough, I played against 3 guys in casuals earlier and got bodied hard. I went something like 0-20 overall against one Gief and Two Bisons. It turns out one of them was Tampa Bison. Basically the skill difference was too big and I had no chance against these guys. It's kind of a rude wake up call after not going to a tournament in a while.

I had some other bad luck as well, so overall I was pretty free at TFC. I only went there for one day and Raleigh is a two and a half hour drive. So it was a depressingly long drive home.

I was in your pool. Honestly, you need to be more self-aware because your name was called multiple times on the megaphone.

Anyways, I was one win away from getting to play Wolfkrone on stream in winner's finals but I went on tilt against DR Balrog after I won the first game. Then lost to some Fuerte immediately in losers. That match went to the last round of game 3.

Before pools started, I jammed in some games against Poem who picked Abel to help me practice against Rico Suave (who ended up not being in my pool). The set went like 1-5 him, but all the games were relatively close.

that sucks man, guess you gotta take it as a life lesson.

As for getting bodied in casuals, you need to hit up that GAF bootcamp. You know where.

I get bodied by Jlai plenty, although I don't think I'm learning anything from it anymore. I feel like I've reached a certain point where I can only get better if taken under the guidance of someone who is much better than me and a good teacher. I'd like to get better but it's not a priority. I'll try to hit up GAF IRC more often though and get in some matches with the rest of you guys if possible.

I was in your pool. Honestly, you need to be more self-aware because your name was called multiple times on the megaphone.

Man that sucks, I would have liked to have met you fellow Azn/rice eater. As for hearing my name called, it was pretty loud in there and very hard to hear unless you were focusing on hearing your name called. I thought my pool would start after 1-4 was over so I didn't pay any attention and just watched matches. It's on me, I didn't try to pass any blame to the TO or anybody else.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom