• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Street Fighter 4 Æ |OT5| Waiting to go from Super to Ultra

Status
Not open for further replies.

MIMIC

Banned
Viper vs. Fuerte

R1: Perfect (win)
R2: Almost perfect (lose)
R3: Perfect (win)

Almost 3 perfect rounds. I can see why people hate our characters
utP6msb.gif

Roche

It's weird, I feel as though I'm lots better on PC than I am on 360. I can't decide if this is because the people I'm playing are worse, or if the hardware I'm playing on is better.

It's weird, I feel as though I'm lots better on PC than I am on 360. I can't decide if this is because the people I'm playing are worse, or if the hardware I'm playing on is better.

The 360 has a bigger player base than the pc so it's easier to get matched up against good players. It's also possible your 360 setup has more input lag than your pc setup if you're not playing both on the same tv/monitor.

Roche

The 360 has a bigger player base than the pc so it's easier to get matched up against good players. It's also possible your 360 setup has more input lag than your pc setup if you're not playing both on the same tv/monitor.

Think it could be input lag, I usually play PC on my monitor and Xbox on a TV so there's that. Might be the players too though.

As an aside, I just beat some chap playing as Adon who spent the entire game taunting/trolling me. Feels really good since he probably would've won if he wasn't such a dick.

Trickster

Haven't been playing for the last few weeks. But managed to get back up to 1k pp yesterday. And figured I'd try out something different from Ryu. So tried out Cody. Seems like a fun character.

Are the any characters that people would say are fun and not overly complicated to play? So long as it's not charge characters, don't see the appeal of how they work.

Roche

I play on an Xbox pad which probably has a lot to do with it. I can get the right output if I really think about it, but never when I'm in a match.

Usually when I try I whiff embarrassingly with U2.

Trickster

So is cody just super slow or something? Everyone I fight seems to be able to attack him before I can attack them. Pretty much regardless of the situation.

If I jump in on wakeup, they can use normal attacks or grabs before I can hit or grab them. And everyone seems to just have their way with me when I'm the one with wakeup. Can't use tornado punch thing to counter someone jumping in. And I can't use slide attack to get away..

If I try to do a move like the tornado punch thing or slide kick at close proximity. They can always do something before it hits.

halp plz

Threi

notag
Cody's normals and dashes are VERY fast so no.

His tornado has no inv frames so that's why you are getting stuffed. His main "get off me" move is ex zonk (which is hell to deal with tbh)

Trickster

Cody's normals and dashes are VERY fast so no.

His tornado has no inv frames so that's why you are getting stuffed. His main "get off me" move is ex zonk (which is hell to deal with tbh)

Probably what I'm doing wrong then. Because I don't use the zonk attack at all :|

Can I use zonk attack on wake up?

Threi

notag
What are your thoughts on that DeeJay? I cant wait for the upload

Dakou's? I think it was very solid. The interesting thing though is he played a very straightforward, very basic DeeJay game that threw so many people for a loop.

The game has been out for so damn long and people still don't know matchups vs underused chars.

Azn_Boy

Neo Member
Dakou's? I think it was very solid. The interesting thing though is he played a very straightforward, very basic DeeJay game that threw so many people for a loop.

The game has been out for so damn long and people still don't know matchups vs underused chars.

There were people on the Canada team trying to do crossups on Deejay lol.

There were people on the Canada team trying to do crossups on Deejay lol.

LOL, these guys need to play online once in a while. Maybe not too often, but once in a while just so they can run into underused characters like this and learn the match up better. Two characters you just don't jump at under any circumstances unless you have a dive kick and the right spacing is Zangief and DJ with a down charge.

cHaotix8

Hey guys! I uploaded all my matches from Canada Cup and my FT5 with Chris G, so hit it up if you want to see some Dudley play. Wish I could have made another US team for the 5v5 but between Ranmasama, our buddy from Boston and myself we couldn't find another player. :(

http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLLxbB3Nt_UfZciTy4Ee7tU3oIeDeKmZ2P

I really enjoyed my time in Vancouver. It was like night and day compared to TX, haha. Clean streets, temperatures below 80, just good all-around. I really wish I could have made it to the after party though. It had a $25 cover and Lapchi told me there would only be 2 setups there, so we decided not to go. Then we find out that he footed the bill for all the drinks, which would have made it totally worth it. Next year!

Skunkers

Hey guys. I recently got a new PC so I'm considering grabbing SSF4AE on Steam. My question is: I'm generally a pad player; while I have a Logitech Dual Action, I'd really like a good modern 6-face button style controller with no driver issues or anything. What is the best option I can get from a retailer, as I'd prefer not to use ebay if possible? Are any of those USB Saturn controllers still floating around? Is that better than the USB Neo Geo pad (I loved the NGPC for the record, though not as much as the Saturn pad)? What for to do?

Tesseract

Banned
Hey guys. I recently got a new PC so I'm considering grabbing SSF4AE on Steam. My question is: I'm generally a pad player; while I have a Logitech Dual Action, I'd really like a good modern 6-face button style controller with no driver issues or anything. What is the best option I can get from a retailer, as I'd prefer not to use ebay if possible? Are any of those USB Saturn controllers still floating around? Is that better than the USB Neo Geo pad (I loved the NGPC for the record, though not as much as the Saturn pad)? What for to do?

360 mad catz fightpad is about 20 bucks on amazon. that's my rec.

welcome to the best sfiv community ;)

Azn_Boy

Neo Member
was playing offline casuals today.

I get a stun with Seth against Makoto. I level 3 focus attack and dash up to do light Tanden into close roundhouse, Makoto proceeded to teleport behind me as I whiff the roundhouse.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom