• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Street Fighter 4 Æ |OT5| Waiting to go from Super to Ultra

Status
Not open for further replies.

LakeEarth

Doesn't it suck when you learn a new character, learn their ins and outs, mixups and setups, links, play them on ranked for a month straight... and when you decide to play one of your old characters for a day, your rank jumps up by 700? Damn you Dee Jay!

Doesn't it suck when you learn a new character, learn their ins and outs, mixups and setups, links, play them on ranked for a month straight... and when you decide to play one of your old characters for a day, your rank jumps up by 700? Damn you Dee Jay!

maybe when you play a new char you are forced to rely on different metrics such as different spacing, mind games, and moves. so when you go back to your old char, you are no longer chained to your old mannerisms that you kept repeating and are hard to break?

I.e. a ken player that always does wakeup DPs, plays a char that doesnt have wakeup dp and has to learn other wakeup options, so when you go back to Ken instead of doing wakeup DPs you now have more options from what you learned?

LakeEarth

There's a lot of differences. Obviously, Deejay and Sakura are on opposite sides of the tier list, and have very different gameplans. With Sakura, I can get more damage, easier damage, for less meter and from further away. Plus ultras that actually matter. Deejay's non-charge anti-airs are weak and must be chosen carefully, and with Sakura c.hp is so good I sometimes whiff because I pressed it too early.

But here's a better example. I do better with Balrog too, but I've never trained as him. I'm just abusing standing and crouching roundhouse, and know how to ultra from headbutt. I don't play him often, I am way more aggressive than a Balrog should be, but I do better than some characters I've put time into. It's like ... you shouldn't pick that guy again, but you picked him cause you liked him. It's lame.

Onemic

Played Adon for 5 days, got on ranked for 1 hours, had by far my highest pp ranking ever compared to Yun/Mak that I've played for 1 year. Feels bad man.

Skab

Someone refresh my memory here. What are the current known hints of who the 5th character is?

I know it's a character that is new to fighters, but I remember a couple other hints floating around but cannot remember them.

B-Genius

Unconfirmed Member
Damn!

Just got back from doing BUSINESS at TGS. Some high rollers were playing up on the MadCatz booth... managed to have a nice quick chat with Ryan Hart and marched over to the stage when I spotted Mike Ross at the wheel to try my luck.

His Blanka kinda destroyed my Gouken 2-0, but it was a delicious feeling. Got to shake the man's hand and walk away happy. Saw Infiltration and Daigo chilling there earlier as well. Shoutouts to Markman - keep doing what you're doing fellas! I love the FGC!

Edit: By the way, I think Mr. Umehara and Infiltration are having some matches later today. It seemed like most of the booth's random challenges were being streamed as well, if anyone's interested.

Marz

Damn!

Just got back from doing BUSINESS at TGS. Some high rollers were playing up on the MadCatz booth... managed to have a nice quick chat with Ryan Hart and marched over to the stage when I spotted Mike Ross at the wheel to try my luck.

His Blanka kinda destroyed my Gouken 2-0, but it was a delicious feeling. Got to shake the man's hand and walk away happy. Saw Infiltration and Daigo chilling there earlier as well. Shoutouts to Markman - keep doing what you're doing fellas! I love the FGC!

Edit: By the way, I think Mr. Umehara and Infiltration are having some matches later today. It seemed like most of the booth's random challenges were being streamed as well, if anyone's interested.

Yea we seen you on stream man.

Tesseract

Banned
i'm gonna play the fuck out of this today on steam. just got my mlg te fightstick in, must say it's bigger and heavier than expected.

anyway, time to hit the lab.

Kai Dracon

Writing a dinosaur space opera symphony
I need to buy AE for PS3 and the googles aren't giving a clear answer: do all the costume DLC packs come with the retail, disc based version of Super SFIV Arcade Edition?

xCobalt

I need to buy AE for PS3 and the googles aren't giving a clear answer: do all the costume DLC packs come with the retail, disc based version of Super SFIV Arcade Edition?

Costume packs are separate from the game. The upcoming version, Ultra Street Fighter 4, will have all the costumes included.

LakeEarth

I actually don't download costume packs, even the free DLC just to see it. No Carnivalé Blanka bullshit for me. I still see Mecha Zangief, for whatever reason.

xCobalt

Do we know if they're already unlocked on the disc or if it will require a separate download code?

I think its on the disc. It was either Combofiend or Dahlgren who mentioned that they wanted to allow all players to use their favourite costume during tournaments.

I'm thinking of getting SSFIV for the 3DS, and then maybe Ultra. Is the 3DS port pretty good?

If you turn off shortcuts it's not too bad. Otherwise Guile is Omega Tom Hanks on some rainbow edition shit. Keep in mind it's based on a 3-year-old old version of the game though.

I actually don't download costume packs, even the free DLC just to see it. No Carnivalé Blanka bullshit for me. I still see Mecha Zangief, for whatever reason.

IIRC if you preordered the game you got the grappler DLC pack.

FSLink

Banned
Also enable 2D mode in the options for SSF4 3D.

The 3D actually looks really nice for SSF4, but it cuts the framerate to 30. If you toggle the slider and change it in the options, you can get 60FPS.

And of course, yeah, it's based off an old version. I wish they would port AE to Vita or 3DS. :/

Westlo

God damn Kyobetsu destroying Daigo in the second round, glorious.

edit - lmao choco than knocks him out.

and holy fuck juso over infiltration

K.Sabot

Wow.

Ran into a guy on PC who had like 4k pp and I was a hit from beating him and I "lose connection to opponent".

Apparently he does this to a lot of people, can't believe those types are still playing this game after all these years.

Just another reason the PC community is purile shit.

Onemic

Wow.

Ran into a guy on PC who had like 4k pp and I was a hit from beating him and I "lose connection to opponent".

Apparently he does this to a lot of people, can't believe those types are still playing this game after all these years.

I've gotten it more on consoles tbh.

Wow.

I have only had one rq on PC so far and I love it when they do. Their broken dreams and tears fuel me.

Hinomura

sadhouken :(

when I do 10 games you guys plays 1.000 games.
How can I follow you? :S
Please be more patient!

... and understand :S

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom