• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Street Fighter 4 Æ |OT5| Waiting to go from Super to Ultra

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trickster

You need to be already jumping away from Zangief before the Ultra flash.

So that just begs my original question. How are they considered balanced if they're that much easier to hit your opponent with. I mean when i wrote the question the first time it was a lot to do with having just because of it. But thinking some more about it, I actually don't understand how unblockable ultra's are balanced.

Marz

So that just begs my original question. How are they considered balanced if they're that much easier to hit your opponent with. I mean when i wrote the question the first time it was a lot to do with having just because of it. But thinking some more about it, I actually don't understand how unblockable ultra's are balanced.

They can't be combo'ed into.

1) You have to be in range, which is normally very short
2) Except in 2 instances, your opponent cannot be considered airborne (this means no backdashing or jumping); they also cannot be in hit/blockstun
3) Some command grab Ultras are very slow and have to be done ahead of time. Balrog and Honda's grab Ultras can be jumped out of on reaction IIRC

Threi

notag
Remember when breathless was a fullscreen super fast grab ultra that could be delayed, had super armor, and did insane damage?

Good times

Kaleinc

Banned

Abel's tornado throw beats em all

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
its in options. by default sleep is on for 1 hr

Stupid. Everything should be default nothing happening.

I'm going to agree that PC version has people who only stay in lobbies if they win. Once they lose they leave. And compared to Xbox, they play like total morons. 360 version has like 90% very good players these days. I rarely run into idiots unlike PSN and PC.

LakeEarth

They are awesome ultras, but you have to take It's 720 motion into account. You can't just do it like a standing 360, you have to telegraph it in some way. A whiffed move, dash, or the old favorite, empty jump-ins. They are not easy to land.

Technically it is possible to do it standing, if you can spin fast enough to activate the ultra before the pre-jump frames end. But that is so hard that no one tries to do that in real matches.

There are other unblockable ultras, like Abel/Honda/Balrog/Dhalsim/Fuerte's ultra 2's, but you can jump out of all of them.

It's amazing when that shit happens. Ultra flash, the screen kinda wiggles a bit like it was going to go to the ultra animation, then tornado throw.

K.Sabot

Rose is secret top tier online.

Can't frame punish drills, can't tech slide -> throw, can't option select her backdash.

MIMIC

Banned
Finally beat a Grand Master! I've only ever played 2 in my life though. lol :)

Also fuck Rufus and his dive kicks (salt from yesterday). And speaking of that fat bastard, I rarely see him online anymore.

NaM

Does not have twelve inches...
Rose is secret top tier online.

Can't frame punish drills, can't tech slide -> throw, can't option select her backdash.

She's free. All drills and slide can be punished depending on spacing and she can only backdash to the corner. Her U2 is crap, her U1 is impossible to land into a smart player unless you combo into it, and once you start pressuring her she's done since she has no safe reversal.

Finally beat a Grand Master! I've only ever played 2 in my life though. lol :)

Also fuck Rufus and his dive kicks (salt from yesterday). And speaking of that fat bastard, I rarely see him online anymore.

I rarely saw Rufus online in SSF4 vanilla. Isn't one of his BnBs a one frame link?

Trickster

Man, I love watching really top level players use viper. They always make her look so much fun. Then I try her myself and she's just so hard to use :p

MIMIC

Banned
Man, I love watching really top level players use viper. They always make her look so much fun. Then I try her myself and she's just so hard to use :p

Kinda why I picked up Fuerte. You can be so creative with them and come up with so many ways to mind fuck your opponent.

Latif's Viper is my fav. He makes Viper look absolutely broken.

cHaotix8

Chun Li players rejoice, she's gonna be really good in Ultra. I hope they give Dudley the right buffs, else that match up is looking to be a hard 7-3. There's always Elena though...

Rolento's gonna be dumb too. The spirit of Fei Long will live on through him.

Chun Li players rejoice, she's gonna be really good in Ultra. I hope they give Dudley the right buffs, else that match up is looking to be a hard 7-3. There's always Elena though...

Rolento's gonna be dumb too. The spirit of Fei Long will live on through him.
Where's the source... I want to hear about more changes......(Yang will probably get buffed a lot).

edit:
Also if people were still interested in the 5th character, it seems they purposely blurred the copyright section of this USF4 location testing unit... (hiding something hmm?)

http://www.capcom-unity.com/combofiend/blog/2013/10/03/ultra-sf4-development-update

How come doing SRK FADC Ultra 1 or 2 with Oni is so weird

I can do it 100% of the time with other characters, but with Oni it's just different.

thelastword

Banned
Man, I learnt this the hardway lastnight. I play Gief by the way, so here was I playing an Abel, we both had a round, by the third round the player really showed me how superior tornado throw was against my options. I spd the guy within range, tornado throw beat me, I atomic suplexed on the abel's wakeup, tornado throw beat me, I lariated at one point, tornado throw beat me.

So after a couple of TT's naturally I gained ultra, got the abel to come in close, ultra'd him, zangiefs chants his ultra, a slight delay ensues...tornado throw beats my ultra, I was actually surprised. Having learnt all that, I start to back dash out of his throw range and punish his remaining whiffed tornado throws, it got close in the end, but I still failed to close it out by daring to forward roundhouse in the end, yeah yeah, got tornado thrown out of that too.

Surely, this abel just abused tt, but it was an eye-opener as to how fast this move is.

xCobalt

I know that. It's just the leniency on his ultra isn't that high. I always get either a ex DP or ex Fireball.

With Ryu it's easy as shit. I do the same with Oni and nope

I don't notice it. You're probably just more used to Ryu's timing than Oni's. Turn on your inputs and see why you're getting ex dp or ex fb.

Ono tweeted this.

IMG_0158_R_R.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom