• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Street Fighter 4 Æ |OT5| Waiting to go from Super to Ultra

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Speaking of PC: Does upgrading to Ultra if you have SSF4 PC give you all the outfits released or is that a day-one thing?

Not sure if I want to buy now while on sale and upgrade later or what.

what_year_is_it.jpg

stn

Guys, what the hell? Bought AE from Steam, runs like CRAP. Character models high, everything else low. 30FPS.

System: Intel i7 2.3GHZ, 8GB Ram, GeForce Gt 630M 1GB.

I have SFxT and run it on high, got 78FPS. Though I have noticed that for some reason the performance has declined. Do Capcom games run like garbage on PC or something? I also have KOF 13 and run that on maximum with ZERO issues.

What gives?

Rentahamster

Rodent Whores
Went to visit CONG cafe today (the place where Infiltration plays a lot). Got in some decent matches before I had to leave. Neat place.

Guys, what the hell? Bought AE from Steam, runs like CRAP. Character models high, everything else low. 30FPS.

System: Intel i7 2.3GHZ, 8GB Ram, GeForce Gt 630M 1GB.

I have SFxT and run it on high, got 78FPS. Though I have noticed that for some reason the performance has declined. Do Capcom games run like garbage on PC or something? I also have KOF 13 and run that on maximum with ZERO issues.

What gives?

are you running no vsync and fixed frames?

stn

If I recall, I think v-sync is off and frames is set to smooth. Any settings I should be using? Keep in mind I don't know much about computers in general. Thanks man. :)

hmm...turned off my vsync and now i get screen tearing baaaaaaaaaaad

EDIT: someone told me to use nividia's settings (in the corner next to computer clock) and force Vsync outside of the game and now i don't get screen tearing but i'm stuck at 60 fps. whereas before i would get like 200+ frames or something. hmmm....

Dahbomb

How do I maintain charge after a FADC or a Flash Kick? Like how do I get trade Flash Kick into another Flash Kick or Flash Kick FADC Ultra 2 or FA crumple, forward dash, cr.MP, Flash Kick.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
You can dl simple backgrounds to run the game better.

And also bring up task manager and get rid of stuff in the background to run it better. Many people do not do this when using the PC and never realize all the little useless things that run in your computer.

ah yes i wanted to ask.

i did a clean windows re-install a cpl days ago and now everytime i sign into gfwl it takes a full solid minute to login.

anyone else having this issue?

Try making a new power plan that's defaulted to high performance, enable it, then try running the benchmark again. I had noticed on my similarly equipped work laptop that the default power plan wouldn't let me above 30fps no matter what (even after tweaking the power plan itself!), but making a new default power plan defaulted to high performance fixed it.

xCobalt

How do I maintain charge after a FADC or a Flash Kick? Like how do I get trade Flash Kick into another Flash Kick or Flash Kick FADC Ultra 2 or FA crumple, forward dash, cr.MP, Flash Kick.

Do you know about charge buffering? Using sonic boom as an example, you can do back, forward, back + punch and sonic boom will come out. This means you can begin your charge even before the move comes out. This really helps in fireball wars and the trade flash kick you mentioned before.

I'm not sure about flash kick into U2 but I'm guessing its: db, ub + kick, fadc forward, back, forward + punches. You're still maintaining the back charge after the initial flash kick.

Threi

notag
A little tip i use to make FK fadc U2 easier is to hold the buttons to focus and dash out of it, instead of just pressing it once like you would normally do with a shoto.

And yes the correct motion is charge DB > UB + K > FA > F > F > B > F + PPP

Dahbomb

Do you know about charge buffering? Using sonic boom as an example, you can do back, forward, back + punch and sonic boom will come out. This means you can begin your charge even before the move comes out. This really helps in fireball wars and the trade flash kick you mentioned before.

I'm not sure about flash kick into U2 but I'm guessing its: db, ub + kick, fadc forward, back, forward + punches. You're still maintaining the back charge after the initial flash kick.

A little tip i use to make FK fadc U2 easier is to hold the buttons to focus and dash out of it, instead of just pressing it once like you would normally do with a shoto.

And yes the correct motion is charge DB > UB + K > FA > F > F > B > F + PPP
Ah I see thanks. That seems easier to do then initially expected.

As far as charge partitioning goes I have been playing the game on keyboard and I just hold back while doing Sonic Booms, not letting go even when pressing forward. I guess you can do this on KB but not on pad/stick.

Charge characters are harder to play in AE than in previous SFs. So many vortex characters doing cross ups on you and messing up your charges. :/

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
Lag was pretty bad that session. And it reminded me why I hate playing on PSN. There's lag and then there's PSN lag.

Threi

notag
Charge characters are harder to play in AE than in previous SFs. So many vortex characters doing cross ups on you and messing up your charges. :/
Ain't that the goddamn truth. You have to use the ST style of thinking, which is the best defense for a situation is to not get caught in it in the first place. I've noticed in this game that even the strongest players fall apart when they get thrown off their standard game.

xCobalt

Ah I see thanks. That seems easier to do then initially expected.

As far as charge partitioning goes I have been playing the game on keyboard and I just hold back while doing Sonic Booms, not letting go even when pressing forward. I guess you can do this on KB but not on pad/stick.

Atleast with Guile, losing your back charge isn't that detrimental. If you haven't already, check out this video. It'll help you learn and understand Guile's auto correct flash kicks.

cHaotix8

Whats the best character to learn the game

also whats the best rushdown character

If you want to actually learn and be good at Street Fighter, Ryu or Guile is the way to go.

If you want to learn a few combos and setups and get some wins without working too hard, Cammy, Yun or Adon are your best bets.

Grecco

Guile? Really?

ive dabbled in sf but never sat down and learned the game and I want to now

but I love rushdown characters in fighting games which is why I asked about that guess ill sit down with guile in trials mode or something to start

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom