• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Street Fighter 4 Æ |OT5| Waiting to go from Super to Ultra

Status
Not open for further replies.

K.Sabot

PC community is so bad that I bought a HRAP for 360 and a copy of Arcade Edition just to end my suffering.

Sucks that I'll be paying for Xbox live for only one game but them's the works.

LakeEarth

Thanks for this. Solid Oni play, that's something you don't see every day.

I really wanted to switch up to 3rd Strike for a while, but god a bad connection with GGPO is a million times worse than regular lag. Today I saw a Dudley EX backswing blow without the backswing. And rollback in a game where hit confirming is king? Oh I hit, activate super ... oh nope, nevermind now it says he blocked it and I lose the game because of it. I know it's great with a good connection, but 3S:OE has awful, awful matchmaking. I swear I haven't seen a green connection in a week.

PC community is so bad that I bought a HRAP for 360 and a copy of Arcade Edition just to end my suffering.

Sucks that I'll be paying for Xbox live for only one game but them's the works.

Is it really that bad? I'm a pretty average player and the comp is good enough for me. If you're talking about how annoying everybody can be with certain things they do like mashing, making unsafe decisions, or turtling too much, I figure that's just something you'll encounter on any platform. The 360 online community is better no doubt, better comp and more people to play overall. I just couldn't justify continuing to pay for Live for only one game that I don't play as often anymore.

Infact I haven't touched the game in over a month since a few days after TFC. I'm in that NFL vortex right now and figured I could go without all the stress and anger I build up while playing SF4 online. Still really want to get back into the game when USF4 hits. But for now I'm taking a break and not planning to play so often unless I catch some of you guys during GAF sessions.

... gutter?

Sergeant+Gutter+SgtGuttaTwit.jpg

K.Sabot

Is it really that bad? I'm a pretty average player and the comp is good enough for me. If you're talking about how annoying everybody can be with certain things they do like mashing, making unsafe decisions, or turtling too much, I figure that's just something you'll encounter on any platform. The 360 online community is better no doubt, better comp and more people to play overall. I just couldn't justify continuing to pay for Live for only one game that I don't play as often anymore.

Infact I haven't touched the game in over a month since a few days after TFC. I'm in that NFL vortex right now and figured I could go without all the stress and anger I build up while playing SF4 online. Still really want to get back into the game when USF4 hits. But for now I'm taking a break and not planning to play so often unless I catch some of you guys during GAF sessions.

It's almost dead at the times I play, and when I get a match they play a game or 2 and peace out.

9/10 times lobbies are 2/3, 2/4 and so on, when I create a 2 person lobby it takes upwards of 15 minutes to find someone just so they can play a match and leave.

It's not healthy by any means and there are way more dicks on PC than when I played on 360. Connections have been about the same between PC and 360 and most people who actually play the game are on 360, and they don't have to deal with the influx of spineless half-brains that a steam sale brings every 4 months.

I've seen enough of it.

It's almost dead at the times I play, and when I get a match they play a game or 2 and peace out.

9/10 times lobbies are 2/3, 2/4 and so on, when I create a 2 person lobby it takes upwards of 15 minutes to find someone just so they can play a match and leave.

It's not healthy by any means and there are way more dicks on PC than when I played on 360. Connections have been about the same between PC and 360 and most people who actually play the game are on 360, and they don't have to deal with the influx of spineless half-brains that a steam sale brings every 4 months.

I've seen enough of it.

I know what you mean and I feel the same way. Things are more lively and better on 360 for sure. When USF4 drops, I may renew my Live subscription because I'll probably be on the grind again. But until then the shittier PC comp and community will have to do.

Tesseract

Banned
i think the pc community is great. ranked lobbies are always full here (east coast), connections 3 to 4 bars, computers always rated a or b. very polite and competitive base. 360 and ps3 on the other hand have been all over the map, so i guess ymmv depending on where you live, when and who you play.

endless lobbies seem to be infested with salty quitters regardless of platform.

why doesnt my dual modded madcatz TE-s work on the steam version of the game? It works perfect on my 360/PS3 and I even tested it on the same computer with GGPO and it works on that too. it seems to only be SSF4... what could be the problem? I'm on Windows 8.1 btw..

alstein

I know what you mean and I feel the same way. Things are more lively and better on 360 for sure. When USF4 drops, I may renew my Live subscription because I'll probably be on the grind again. But until then the shittier PC comp and community will have to do.

I wouldn't be shocked if the PC version does better for Ultra than it did for previous iterations, if they keep their promise about same-day release.

I could see PS3 folks making the switch since the PC version and 360 version should match, provided their controller works in USF4.

That said, the PC community does tend to act like dicks.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.

I've seen enough of it.

At least it's better than KoF 2013. You want the definition of "dead" look at the population and game-finding in that.

Died within a week of launch. At least SSF4, despite GfWL, still has some players 24/7.

stn

I never have issues getting a match in KOF13. Only problem is everyone left is usually really good.

K.Sabot

At least it's better than KoF 2013. You want the definition of "dead" look at the population and game-finding in that.

Died within a week of launch. At least SSF4, despite GfWL, still has some players 24/7.

Blah blah it's all relative.

"oh no nobody plays Battle Fantasia anymore, you guys don't know how good you have it"

K.Sabot

Oh my goooooood

It feels so much better.

Better stick, more stable version, better connections, more connections.

So many salty people losing 100+ pp as I climb my way from 0.

i stopped caring about PP when i knew i could get 2k+ easy spamming blanka, but can barely break 1250 with a character i want to actually play as.

neos

Since i sipmly can't stop playing sf, i thought it was time to sub this thread.
E.honda player, i'm in for the next 30 minutes or for whenever you find me online:D

PSN: Blindzoom

edit: i have to learn how the email tag works

Roche

I always find the Ibuki/Makoto match up to be really fun. Especially when the Makoto player is better than me, so much running about.

I always find the Ibuki/Makoto match up to be really fun. Especially when the Makoto player is better than me, so much running about.

it's a shame sf4 doesn't have character interactions. Those two always coming in with a cross-kick made things more immersive.

Lost Fragment

Obsessed with 4chan
i stopped caring about PP when i knew i could get 2k+ easy spamming blanka, but can barely break 1250 with a character i want to actually play as.

I played Ibuki for a week a while back. Learned her crossup setups, midrange normals, and pretty much nothing else. All I did was fish for hard knockdowns and run brainless vortex shit. Maintained like 3.5k PP pretty easily.

This is why netplay Ibuki's are (usually) the most fraudulent of fraudulent SF4 players. Plus like nobody takes the time to go into training mode and lean how to punish ex upkicks every time.

Popololz or whatever is good though.

So basically you're a fraud?

:C not every NFL fan is a NFL superstar. I don't (no longer at least) consider myself decent, but I still consider myself better than the average gamer.

I come to terms with the fact i won't have the execution or technical skill i want. just enjoying the game for what it is now. Gonna be close to 20 years now playing the game. It was just 2-3 years ago when i actually discovered the tournament scene and that people did crazy things with the characters we play. I saw something outside of spamming hadoukens or wakeup dps.

When i rage quit i'm not mad at myself or the character or the person i'm playing against, i quit cause i don't want to bore the other person to death with my scrub play. that's why i quit using Blanka. I'll earn the PP i'm supposed to. and i'm fine with it.

Fantasmo

My Xbox Live sub expired and now I'm getting this:

gfwlerrortaoaj.png

Can someone please tell me what's going on? I thought GFWL was free. Why can't I play online?

:C not every NFL fan is a NFL superstar. I don't (no longer at least) consider myself decent, but I still consider myself better than the average gamer.

I come to terms with the fact i won't have the execution or technical skill i want. just enjoying the game for what it is now. Gonna be close to 20 years now playing the game. It was just 2-3 years ago when i actually discovered the tournament scene and that people did crazy things with the characters we play. I saw something outside of spamming hadoukens or wakeup dps.

When i rage quit i'm not mad at myself or the character or the person i'm playing against, i quit cause i don't want to bore the other person to death with my scrub play. that's why i quit using Blanka. I'll earn the PP i'm supposed to. and i'm fine with it.

NAH U JUST BLANKA :O

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Blah blah it's all relative.

"oh no nobody plays Battle Fantasia anymore, you guys don't know how good you have it"

No way is it relative. I can play at 2AM, 4AM, 8AM, 10AM, 2PM, 4PM, 8PM, 10PM in SSF4 and generally have 2-8 Player Lobbies.

Whereas in King of Fighters I am even lucky to see even one player lobbies at times. And that's before getting into connection quality.

K.Sabot

No way is it relative. I can play at 2AM, 4AM, 8AM, 10AM, 2PM, 4PM, 8PM, 10PM in SSF4 and generally have 2-8 Player Lobbies.

Whereas in King of Fighters I am even lucky to see even one player lobbies at times. And that's before getting into connection quality.

What I'm trying to say is that SF4 PC is neglected because there are problems with it, and there is a better version with better players out there.

KoF is and will always be neglected because it's KoF and has terrible online in general.

alstein

What I'm trying to say is that SF4 PC is neglected because there are problems with it, and there is a better version with better players out there.

KoF is and will always be neglected because it's KoF and has terrible online in general.

What is the problem with it? I remember hearing something about some minor things not 100% matching.

Hopefully USF4 fixes this, because I'm not buying that on console period.

Kioshen

Welp maybe time to find a new main, unless Yun gets a buff to his dive kick or something.. I'll be seeing more Giefs online >_<.

Depends by how much they reduce the damage done by the ultras. Like say full dual ultra meter gets only the damage from 50% single ultra meter.

K.Sabot

What is the problem with it? I remember hearing something about some minor things not 100% matching.

Hopefully USF4 fixes this, because I'm not buying that on console period.

Certain computer set ups dictate what punishes you can do, everyone online has a different computer set up so you deal with both computer and connection lagging, GFWL interface popups lag both the game and connections. Less people, worse people.

Fantasmo

Can any Zangief players explain to me how to use his Ultra 2 and the different variations? I just saw a video where you can fly forward and grab the guy out of the air. I had no clue you could do that. How do you do that? Can it grab anyone out of anything? Thanks!

Tesseract

Banned
pc sfiv problems are overstated. most people have A or B rated computers and match up with three to four bar connections, at least in the US. people with crappy connections and computers can't be helped, they need to upgrade their shit or go play ps3/360.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom