• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Street Fighter 4 Æ |OT5| Waiting to go from Super to Ultra

Status
Not open for further replies.

alstein

pc sfiv problems are overstated. most people have A or B rated computers and match up with three to four bar connections, at least in the US. people with crappy connections and computers can't be helped, they need to upgrade their shit or go play ps3/360.

I'd say I'm as likely to run into a PS3 user who gives me problems as I do with PC.

360 probably is better, but that's partially because Capcom isn't very good at coding (you don't see that big a gap with other FGs this gen, with the possible exception of VF)

Depends by how much they reduce the damage done by the ultras. Like say full dual ultra meter gets only the damage from 50% single ultra meter.
66% of the normal damage on a full charge.
Can any Zangief players explain to me how to use his Ultra 2 and the different variations? I just saw a video where you can fly forward and grab the guy out of the air. I had no clue you could do that. How do you do that? Can it grab anyone out of anything? Thanks!
You can end the motion on up-forward and it'll send Gief flying forwards. It'll catch anyone considered to be in an airborne state, like backdashes, tatsus, and Psycho Crusher.

Rentahamster

Rodent Whores
Can any Zangief players explain to me how to use his Ultra 2 and the different variations? I just saw a video where you can fly forward and grab the guy out of the air. I had no clue you could do that. How do you do that? Can it grab anyone out of anything? Thanks!
You need to master the SNAAAAAACKISH SPECIAL.....Yeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah.

MIMIC

Banned
66% of the normal damage on a full charge.

You can end the motion on up-forward and it'll send Gief flying forwards. It'll catch anyone considered to be in an airborne state, like backdashes, tatsus, and Psycho Crusher.

Got snatched for the first time a few days ago. That shit caught me off guard like a muthafucka. lol

"Oh yeah....you're airbourne during backdashes *sad panda*"

So what's the best way to deal with focus with Gouken? cr.mp xx fireball?

Start up on his fireball is pretty slow. Much slower than Shoto's who can get crumpled in between their special cancel from a normal. I don't play Gouken so I'm not sure what's the most ideal for him, but from the looks of it a normal into jab rush palm is probably the best focus breaker. Fast start up and even if they bait you by back dashing, the jab palm doesn't go anywhere so you won't be punished for whiffing it.

xCobalt

So what's the best way to deal with focus with Gouken? cr.mp xx fireball?

In terms of punishes, ex tatsu, dash throw, and kara throw work pretty well. Cr.lk into palm works pretty well and I find the range of it to be fine. If the focus is poorly spaced and right next to you, you can do roundhouse and combo after the second counter hit. If you have poor reactions, there's nothing wrong with just jumping out or backdashing out of range.

lp Palm only works if they're like right next to you. And it's a natural armor breaker anyway.

Well the idea is that if they release, the jab palm will beat it. If they back dash to bait you're not leaving yourself open to get punished like you would with a whiffed tatsu. But yeah, the risk of your opponent holding the focus to punish a whiffed palm is still there so I guess Gouken doesn't have a great answer and will have to do something risky like this or try to escape by back dashing or jumping away.

Imm0rt4l

My copy of ssf4 is still freezing, even after I've deleted the game utility and redownloaded ae, over and over. Also, I seemingly can't install the game anymore, it stops at 6%. This has been a problem since I deleted the install some months ago.

My copy of ssf4 is still freezing, even after I've deleted the game utility and redownloaded ae, over and over. Also, I seemingly can't install the game anymore, it stops at 6%. This has been a problem since I deleted the install some months ago.

Is it just with the digital version, or the disc too?

Imm0rt4l

Is it just with the digital version, or the disc too?

I only have the disc version :/

I should have downloaded the digital when it was on ps plus.

I can put the game in and it will work, but it will freeze at the vs screen without fail. Even if I can get one match in, it is sure to hang on the vs screen on the next match or the one after. Deleted game data, and redownloaded AE numerous times.

I only have the disc version :/

I should have downloaded the digital when it was on ps plus.

I can put the game in and it will work, but it will freeze at the vs screen without fail. Even if I can get one match in, it is sure to hang on the vs screen on the next match or the one after. Deleted game data, and redownloaded AE numerous times.
Maybe it's the disc? I wish I could give you an answer. :(
I hate it when people do dumb shit like empty jump shoryuken and it works.
Empty jump Ultra = da best

Lost Fragment

Obsessed with 4chan
yea, my natural reaction to like an empty jump or missed cross up is to crouch tech....so i always fall for it :(

Get in the habit of late teching. It'll keep you safe from a lot of dumb stuff like that.

People should late tech more in general. So useful in this game.

Imm0rt4l

Maybe it's the disc? I wish I could give you an answer. :(

Empty jump Ultra = da best

That's what I was thinking, except the disc is seemingly in perfect condition. I feel like it may have something to do with my deleting the install, their may be some residual data on my hdd or something, because I can't install ssf4 for shit. I lent my buddy a copy of my other copy of the game, so I'll give that a try some time.

Get in the habit of late teching. It'll keep you safe from a lot of dumb stuff like that.

People should late tech more in general. So useful in this game.

yeah, I'm working on it. It's so hard to kick my nasty habits after so many hours spent on Vanilla and not really trying to improve much after that.

MIMIC

Banned
A long time ago, I was beaten really badly and then was kicked from the lobby. I was then accused of "sandbagging". I had no idea what the term meant. But now that I do, I definitely wasn't throwing the match.

Fast-forward to a few days ago. I match-up with some Sakura who is clearly sandbagging. I destroy her and she's just whiffing like crazy as if this person is just figuring out how the buttons work. I don't think the player was even blocking.

So I think: "Hmmm...this person sucks. I'll play as some other characters."

And out of no where, Sakura comes up with all of these crazy combos and shit and I'm just fucking floored. So after I get beaten pretty badly with Ryu, Zangief and Guile, I go back to Fuerte....and destroy her again, and then kick the player.

That was so annoying. This player had no BP (like me). But I don't do it to throw people off; I just don't like ranked. This player clearly was trying to fool me....or size me up before actually playing. I hate that.

Lost Fragment

Obsessed with 4chan
Gouken is really fun. Dunno why I never really played this character before.

What are the Gouken setups I should know about? Doesn't he have 50/50s off of sweep?

Roche

It's so weird, sometimes the spirit of Sako possess me and I pull off crazy shit I didn't know was even possible.

Managed to do a crouching hard kick into dash to a mid air ex-raida. Stunned the gief I was playing allowing me to win.

xCobalt

Gouken is really fun. Dunno why I never really played this character before.

What are the Gouken setups I should know about? Doesn't he have 50/50s off of sweep?

Not really a 50/50 but you'd be surprise how often a meaty cr.lk into palm catches people on wakeup.

The channel immortal linked is probably the best resource for gouken players. Phunkism has some stuff but its pretty outdated.

Kimosabae

Banned
Yun's EX Command Grab kara throw has range comparable to Zangief's jab SPD in SSF4 AE v2012

It's performed by kara-canceling his command grab from an EX Shoulder.

Note that for some reason, if you kara an EX strike attack into a normal command throw, it won't burn meter.

Hmm… that's interesting. I wonder why it doesn't burn meter? If the code is specific to that Special or its more prevalent throughout the system? Could really open up the Kara game. Kara-ing a Special to Special. Weird.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom