• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Street Fighter 4 Æ |OT5| Waiting to go from Super to Ultra

Status
Not open for further replies.

Plopboy

Unconfirmed Member
In the words of Arthur C Clarke; Both are equally terrifying.

Street Fighter IV was the first fighting game I ever took seriously. Before then, as much as I could dragon punch on reaction, I did not know a thing about cancelling moves; chains vs links etc. I've spent a LOT of time learning.

Plus it's just fun. It's always fun and, despite all those hours, I'm still not bored. Ultra Street Fighter IV is my most anticipated game.

Don't be silly Joffo your Dan is awesome

I have around 300 hours of actual game time between all platforms since vanilla.

I don't have proof, but I have probably 3,000+. I have 344 on just the Steam version of AE(doesn't include my original copy that I got in 2012) that I got back in Spring I think and 682 on my Xbox version which is from Super to AE 2012. And that doesn't even include the hundreds of hours I put individually into the PS3 and PC versions of SF4, Super, and AE as well as offline sessions I had with friends.

Crazy? Maybe not as crazy as you might think. I probably haven't played anything else for more than a few hours since early 2009. Video games for me has basically been the SF4 series since that time.

I don't have proof, but I have probably 3,000+. I have 344 on just the Steam version of AE(doesn't include my original copy that I got in 2012) that I got back in Spring I think and 682 on my Xbox version which is from Super to AE 2012. And that doesn't even include the hundreds of hours I put individually into the PS3 and PC versions of SF4, Super, and AE as well as offline sessions I had with friends.

Crazy? Maybe not as crazy as you might think. I probably haven't played anything else for more than a few hours since early 2009. Video games for me has basically been the SF4 series since that time.

It's crazy how fighting games will do that. I have probably 1500+ hours on just the 360 version of Super/AE12 alone....just playing online. No idea about offline/casuals/tourneys or the time I've spent on the PS3 version.

I think I'm closing in on 800 online hours on umvc3 and I just started playing that a lot more earlier this year.

Meanwhile.....GTA5 sits there with a total of 12 hours played. :(

I mentioned offline sessions with friends, but I just wanted to clarify that I only meant online play/training mode when talking about 3,000+ hours. I have over 1,000 confirmed just for my 2nd copy of AE PC and Super/AE/AE 2012 on Xbox 360. But I probably have more total hours on PS3 than any other system because that's what I started with. My PS3 died on me so I got the PC version and played that tons for 4 months until I finally forked over the cash to have Sony repair my PS3.

But anyways, I'm pretty confident about that number I threw out. I've also payed for the different versions of this game 10 times across all platforms. A few of them I re bought because I lost a copy or in the case of the Steam version, I couldn't pass up the chance of getting a copy with all the costumes for only $12. When USF4 comes out, I'll probably get that on PC and 360, PS3 is a maybe. I'd definitely get the PS4 version if that port happens. Then everybody can stream their rage sessions after eating too many wake up DP's or whatever irritates you.

I mentioned offline sessions with friends, but I just wanted to clarify that I only meant online play/training mode when talking about 3,000+ hours. I have over 1,000 confirmed just for my 2nd copy of AE PC and Super/AE/AE 2012 on Xbox 360. But I probably have more total hours on PS3 than any other system because that's what I started with. My PS3 died on me so I got the PC version and played that tons for 4 months until I finally forked over the cash to have Sony repair my PS3.

But anyways, I'm pretty confident about that number I threw out. I've also payed for the different versions of this game 10 times across all platforms. A few of them I re bought because I lost a copy or in the case of the Steam version, I couldn't pass up the chance of getting a copy with all the costumes for only $12. When USF4 comes out, I'll probably get that on PC and 360, PS3 is a maybe. I'd definitely get the PS4 version if that port happens. Then everybody can stream their rage sessions after eating too many wake up DP's or whatever irritates you.

It's gonna be fun making use of this feature if it ends up getting ported over.

I play mostly on the xbox...and I just checked mine, and I have 844 hours on it. And vanilla, probably close to 500 I am guessing. What a waste of time, lol.

finally decided to start up the PS3 and play a couple of hours before going to bed and I'm starting to like using Bison alot. His wake up supers and flying fists(b,f punch).

What characters does Bison mostly have trouble with? Thx

finally decided to start up the PS3 and play a couple of hours before going to bed and I'm starting to like using Bison alot. His wake up supers and flying fists(b,f punch).

What characters does Bison mostly have trouble with? Thx

Guile for damn sure. I'm also not too fond of the Yun and Honda matchup. A good Seth can be a pain too.....but Seth is a pain in the ass for anyone.

i found the secret out to c. short c. short c. short c.short to kicks. it's awesome.
ixodpIgWU7PJ1.gif

I'm on 360 but in the UK. I'm joffocakes on there. I'm mostly just grinding it out in ranked, trying to get every character to B rank, but I'm always happy to play longer sets.

I'm always happy anyway.

I'm not sure how much I like that idea. This takes away everybody's set ups, not just the vortex characters. And their aren't that many vortex characters in the game. Say good bye to safe jumps or ambiguous cross ups as a legit strat. Now it's guess fighter in wake up situations. Back to square one, everybody is just going to do meaty's on wake up with OS and have to worry about eating a reversal.

stn

What are vortex characters suppose to do now? If you have to commit to an attack before your opponent chooses what kind of wake-up they're doing, you can say goodbye to constant pressure. The roll seriously hurt the vortex game in SFxT, I'm sure this will have the same effect.

Suddenly, all the nerfs given to Akuma, Seth, and others should be revised. This nerf is big enough to their core gameplan. Also, I'm not sure Capcom has considered what this will do to crappy characters like Dee-Jay, for example. Its not like footsies and fireballs/long-range pokes are so strong in this game to compensate.

Bad change, very bad change. Fighting engines are best when kept simple.

xCobalt

I'm not sure how much I like that idea. This takes away everybody's set ups, not just the vortex characters. And their aren't that many vortex characters in the game. Say good bye to safe jumps or ambiguous cross ups as a legit strat. Now it's guess fighter in wake up situations. Back to square one, everybody is just going to do meaty's on wake up with OS and have to worry about eating a reversal.

It's really too early to make any calls. You can implement current strategies that are in this game and apply it to the delayed wakeup. Some characters have setups where it covers situations where the character will quick rise or not. The same could potentially apply here. For example, you do a hard knockdown and now you know they only have 2 wake up timings. You then go for a safe jump and it'll either work or it'll whiff because they delayed their wakeup. Even if it whiffs, you're still at an advantage and can proceed to do an ambiguous jump in or a meaty. This will really depend on how many extra frames the delayed wakeup will have.

It's really too early to make any calls. You can implement current strategies that are in this game and apply it to the delayed wakeup. Some characters have setups where it covers situations where the character will quick rise or not. The same could potentially apply here. For example, you do a hard knockdown and now you know they only have 2 wake up timings. You then go for a safe jump and it'll either work or it'll whiff because they delayed their wakeup. Even if it whiffs, you're still at an advantage and can proceed to do an ambiguous jump in or a meaty. This will really depend on how many extra frames the delayed wakeup will have.

That's the thing, I really don't believe delayed wake up will give you enough time to perform a OS neutral safe jump or something like that. So grounded meaty attacks will be the most reliable way to pressure on wake up. I'm sure you can still miss a safe jump and do a low short, but not miss one and do another jump without getting DP'd.

alstein

That's the thing, I really don't believe delayed wake up will give you enough time to perform a OS neutral safe jump or something like that. So grounded meaty attacks will be the most reliable way to pressure on wake up. I'm sure you can still miss a safe jump and do a low short, but not miss one and do another jump without getting DP'd.

grounded meaty brings back some of the old ST game if that's the new optimal method.

OceanBlue

You could probably just do the same knockdown setups and OS into a good meaty normal instead of sweep to punish backdashes. Like, I'll probably be able to do j.HK OS cr.MP to catch delay tech with a meaty. You might even be able to knockdown, OS jab (or whatever depending on how long delay wakeup takes) to beat wakeup delay tech + another OS jab sweep to beat characters with long backdashes like Rose. It'll all just depend on how long you can delay wakeup tech.

Edit: Okay, I don't really know what I'm talking about. Delay tech probably won't just be a few frames difference lol. In the end, all I'm probably going to do is wait for the people more knowledgeable on frame timing to think of new setups. If anything, if the timing on delay teching is constant you can always have some annoying automatic meaty timings.

What are vortex characters suppose to do now? If you have to commit to an attack before your opponent chooses what kind of wake-up they're doing, you can say goodbye to constant pressure. The roll seriously hurt the vortex game in SFxT, I'm sure this will have the same effect.

No one liked vortex or the unblockables. This is largely why they probably did this.

Suddenly, all the nerfs given to Akuma, Seth, and others should be revised. This nerf is big enough to their core gameplan. Also, I'm not sure Capcom has considered what this will do to crappy characters like Dee-Jay, for example. Its not like footsies and fireballs/long-range pokes are so strong in this game to compensate.

I would actually agree that they should take a second look at them if their vortex actually did get removed and someone doesn't just come up with more BS a few months in. Not sure what is gonna happen with this change really. Depends how it actually functions in practice.

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag
Does anyone happen to know if SSF4 AE PC's minimum requirements are higher than vanilla SF4's were?

Just got an ASUS T100 hybrid tablet, and amazingly I am getting 64-70 FPS in the SF4 benchmark test demo with backgrounds on and model detail at medium, albeit at 640x480 res and with v-sync off. It's still really impressive and I might have to throw Super on here if it's gonna run the same!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom