• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Street Fighter 4 Æ |OT5| Waiting to go from Super to Ultra

Status
Not open for further replies.

USD

Went through the entire cast to figure out all of Cammy's character-specific combos. So much stuff changes depending on whether the opponent is standing or crouching and whether it's off EX Strike. The stuff she can get on some characters is ridiculous though.

Something I noticed about your Cammy the other night is that if you have meter, you're going to try an ex strike frame trap if you're inside. Too much ex strike, not enough throw/other mind games imo.

Yeah, I definitely need to work on that some more, thanks for the tip.

jbug617

Banned
Some of the USF4 changes are coming in. This is from Jason from Eventhubs

USFIV Yun - tenshin reach shorter, heavy upkicks no longer has invincible frame, stand medium punch & crouch medium damage increase by 10

USFIV Honda - command grab is now invincible

Sagat USFIV - stand light LK is special cancel and he gets full hit of ultra 1 in corner

USFIv Makoto - can combo into ex fukiage grounded

USFIV changes - Seth can no longer cross up jump heavy kick
USFIV changes - Seth also has dhalsim jump back hp back

USFIV changes - Adon jaguar kicks do less damage

USFIV changes - viper burst Time has less smoke effect. Getting more details on this

USFIV Honda - command grab is now invincible

Sagat USFIV - stand light LK is special cancel and he gets full hit of ultra 1 in corner

USFIV changes - viper burst Time has less smoke effect. Getting more details on this

Sagat welcomes this change back with open arms.

wtf @ the viper change?

yo kevo, what you think of that Honda tweak?

OceanBlue

Lol, I think the Chun jump change was demonstrated in the Ultra reveal video. It's definitely a nice change though. I wonder if they're going to tweak how Sakura plays, or if all they're going to do is weaken her pressure.

What nerfs? All I saw were buffs.

I think one of them was a translation error (by think I mean hope), and they nerfed his fireball start up by 3f. Why? Because Deejay's broken thats why.

Good games BV. Your sagat is too good. I got hit by so many tiger knees and focus attacks.
Thanks. Like I mentioned before, you're the most patient player I've ever played. To the point where I had to do the laugh taunt.

I still have alot of work to do with him but he's coming along nicely.

And dem supposed Gat changes even make him better. Kreygasm

OceanBlue

I think one of them was a translation error (by think I mean hope), and they nerfed his fireball start up by 3f. Why? Because Deejay's broken thats why.

Well, going off of the SRK article...
Dee Jay

Far standing MP start-up reduced from 7F to 6F
Far standing HP meaty hit floats the opponent on counter-hit
Crouching LK start-up reduced from 5F to 4F
Crouching MP hitbox size increased
Crouching MK damage increased from 70 to 80
Crouching HP hitbox size increased
Air Slasher chip increased from 12 to 15
LK Double Rolling Sobat now -3 on block (correction via haku623)
Sobat Festival forward movement increased

It mentions his fireball chip being increased by 3. Maybe the place you saw it at got it wrong.

Imm0rt4l

half of goukens changes are fixing shit that should have been the case to begin with. Got a nerf and some shit no one asked for. Still excited to play him tho.

Threi

notag
thoughts:

- wow deejay actually has a normal low short now...it is about fucking time. seriously. It was too slow for NO reason.

- quicker short sobat means it will be virtually unpunishable if spaced properly. That will improve his pressure game a little bit, but not anything game changing there

- far strong already has a crazy good hitbox, quicker startup doesn't really help with fireball traps but it will make it more useful on the ground now (...maybe.)

- so they fixed far fierce juggle properties? ...meh. That's not the issue with that button...at all.

- they keep slowly improving the low strong little by little, i suspect as a leftover from how deejay was played in ST, where his low strong was one of the best normals in the entire game there, and here it's rather mediocre. Not something i would put in my top 20 things to improve DeeJay, but I will welcome the buff.

- the issue with his sweep was the range, not the damage (although it was pretty low damage). I personally would have upped the stun instead of the damage, but hey they want to say they buffed something.

- ima tell you from now. Fear DeeJay's low fierce. Especially you divekickers. That move was the secret elbow of god before, and they BUFFED it? The HITBOX? yeaaaah buddy.

- the slight increase in air slasher chip is welcomed. In low-life situations deejay can find himself helpless, it would be good to establish a threat of getting chipped out (no, not that super > ultra chip death garbage)

overall rather "safe" buffs...considering everyone else is generally getting buffed i don't see him changing tiers too drastically, but I will stay optimistic and say he might actually make it into mid tier this time.

thoughts:

- wow deejay actually has a normal low short now...it is about fucking time. seriously. It was too slow for NO reason.

- quicker short sobat means it will be virtually unpunishable if spaced properly. That will improve his pressure game a little bit, but not anything game changing there

- far strong already has a crazy good hitbox, quicker startup doesn't really help with fireball traps but it will make it more useful on the ground now (...maybe.)

- so they fixed far fierce juggle properties? ...meh. That's not the issue with that button...at all.

- they keep slowly improving the low strong little by little, i suspect as a leftover from how deejay was played in ST, where his low strong was one of the best normals in the entire game there, and here it's rather mediocre. Not something i would put in my top 20 things to improve DeeJay, but I will welcome the buff.

- the issue with his sweep was the range, not the damage (although it was pretty low damage). I personally would have upped the stun instead of the damage, but hey they want to say they buffed something.

- ima tell you from now. Fear DeeJay's low fierce. Especially you divekickers. That move was the secret elbow of god before, and they BUFFED it? The HITBOX? yeaaaah buddy.

- the slight increase in air slasher chip is welcomed. In low-life situations deejay can find himself helpless, it would be good to establish a threat of getting chipped out (no, not that super > ultra chip death garbage)

overall rather "safe" buffs...considering everyone else is generally getting buffed i don't see him changing tiers too drastically, but I will stay optimistic and say he might actually make it into mid tier this time.

Two things so far I'm mad they didn't touch was the MGU properties and his U2.

Either takeaway the animation after the last hit, or take away the wallbounce after the last hit. Hit Gief with U2, he has you right where he wants you lol.

xCobalt

Thanks. Like I mentioned before, you're the most patient player I've ever played. To the point where I had to do the laugh taunt.

I still have alot of work to do with him but he's coming along nicely.

And dem supposed Gat changes even make him better. Kreygasm

I guess you could call it patience but it's probably a mix of fear/caution haha. There were a couple of rounds where I had a big life lead and didn't really make an attempt to end the match.

Btw, how much frame advantage is Sagat at after landing one hit of tiger knee?

Threi

notag
Two things so far I'm mad they didn't touch was the MGU properties and his U2.

Either takeaway the animation after the last hit, or take away the wallbounce after the last hit. Hit Gief with U2, he has you right where he wants you lol.
Outside of mgu not always locking in properly i'm really fine with all of his specials. Honestly it's his normals that need a LOT more work.

But yeah his situation with U2 is hilarious. If you hit it and have no health its a guaranteed loss against some characters :p

I guess you could call it patience but it's probably a mix of fear/caution haha. There were a couple of rounds where I had a big life lead and didn't really make an attempt to end the match.

Btw, how much frame advantage is Sagat at after landing one hit of tiger knee?

On block:

lk tiger knee - 10
mk tiger knee -13
hk tiger knee -18

gutabo

0iqaGw0.jpg

My thoughts on Evil Ryu changes

-Hop kick won't whiff against lows anymore. This is a great buff.
-More health is always a good thing
-Faster sweep, now he's a little better at footsies and can combos into sweep against most characters. Which is not that great anymore with the delayed stand up now
-Target combo change is actually a good buff. Now he has a meterless knockdown combo against crouchers
-The buff to HK axe kick is rather useless. 1f faster isn't going to help. If it were 4f faster, then we're talking. I'm still hoping for a buff to LK axe kick to be safer on block. Hopefully it's there and people just haven't noticed yet.

Now when Evil Ryu says "My potential has been unleashed" after winning a round, it might be true this time lol. Overall I like the changes but like I said, I'm still hoping for that change to LK axe kick.

Westlo

Ken changes are great, just so fucking solid now. Don't really think the delayed wakeup will hurt him that badly, can just go into srk to play oki like we do right now, or sweep and go for mixup anyway and go for a meaty/overhead if they delay wakeup or whatever.

Cammy loses all her c.hp combos and fun stuff that normal did for her, but can still combo into sweep with cl lp and looking over alioune's optimal cammy combos for every character... she's still got dat damage even without c.hp combos... will lose out on stun for sure though I guess... hopefully her dmg nerf is only minor.

Now to worry about the extra landing frames for her divekick....

So I guess I'll be maining Ken and subbing Cammy for Ultra, switching them yet again lol.

SFIV - Ken, Cammy
Super - Cammy, Ken
AE - Ken, Cammy
2012 - Cammy, Ken
Ultra - Ken, Cammy (unless one of the 5 new characters really clicks with me, maybe the rumored Cammy clone doll character lol)

Oh yeah.

SFxT - Ken & Cammy

Threi

notag
I watched it already

you should have seen that ex dp coming, i would have backdashed (may or may not have worked, dunno the horizontal range of oni's dp)

I watched it already

you should have seen that ex dp coming, i would have backdashed (may or may not have worked, dunno the horizontal range of oni's dp)
I was going to backdash but was scared of getting hit by the DP from that range since Deejay's BD is crap.

Threi

notag
What you have to do is backdash as late as possible. An early backdash will get caught because it runs out of inv frames. Either way you were screwed. There's no way to avoid wake up ultra.

also, get into the habit of not mashing out the extra hits in ex mgu.

What you have to do is backdash as late as possible. An early backdash will get caught because it runs out of inv frames. Either way you were screwed. There's no way to avoid wake up ultra.

also, get into the habit of not mashing out the extra hits in ex mgu.
Yea I've been playing Deejay for so long and didn't know that not mashing ex mgu does more damage than mash :/.

I'm surprised they made Makoto's fukiage hit crouching opponents and Capcom won't even let any upkicks hit crouching.

I said this in FGW, but if Rufus remains as he is in this version of USF4, he is a strong candidate for bottom-ten.

There is no good reason for nerfing his damage when so many characters run a train on him currently.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom