• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Street Fighter 4 Æ |OT5| Waiting to go from Super to Ultra

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sagat welcomes this change back with open arms.

wtf @ the viper change?

yo kevo, what you think of that Honda tweak?

hmm, more changes have come in I see. I do like invincible ex ochio, because I already like to do meaty ochios after knockdowns. I'd like to see j.mk have more block stun tbh, because it's really easy to get DP'd out of it unless you land it late in your jump.

ultra 2 is still kinda worthless sounding. i agree with the rest (I'm gonna have to hold dat ex headbutt nerf), except for standing hk -- and maybe that needs to be tested more. What I was really hoping for was for it to be like -2 on hit or something, because he is at such a terrible disadvantage when it connects, it sometimes isn't even worth it. it's honda's only move that's negative on hit (and by a lot).

I heard that there are some significant Honda changes. As someone who mains Honda... invisible ochio?

yesYES!

honda bros!

I was kind of hoping for a refresh of the HUD. Anyone want to tweet that out? It'd be a nice-to-have requirement if they're conceptually creating a new SF game.

FSLink

Banned
I was kind of hoping for a refresh of the HUD. Anyone want to tweet that out? It'd be a nice-to-have requirement if they're conceptually creating a new SF game.

Agreed, even if it's just subtle, like from SF4->Super. I also want a new character select screen. :/

1f startup means it's now a proper command grab super that can't be escaped once it starts.

Oh.
I think i misunderstood the change, since it was a 0 frame grab in Super, I thought to myself "well if it ain't how it was in super then it'll probably still suck." I guess there's a little hope now.

Beckx

It's RIP Bison but if even half of the Hakan changes hold I DON'T CARE.

Warming more and more to the general tune-up that Oni got, especially given my tendency to mess up inputs and get medium slash when I don't want it.

OceanBlue

Oh.
I think i misunderstood the change, since it was a 0 frame grab in Super, I thought to myself "well if it ain't how it was in super then it'll probably still suck." I guess there's a little hope now.

Maybe it depends on whether the 1f startup is the ultra flash or the startup after the ultra flash (or whatever it's called lol).

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
Oh.
Huh, looking at the Super and AE mooks, it's listed as 1f. Could have sworn it was 2f like Rog's U2, because you can jump out of it.

It does change from 1+0 to 0+1, but a bunch of Ultras in the AE mook are changed to 0+X.

Wynnebeck

Banned
Oh snap! My boy Gummo just finished modding the first PS4/Xbone fightstick! I'm hoping he brings it to our next weekly meetup to see it in person.

These notes on Hugo were amusing:

- He's so large, he partially obscures the health bars.

- He's so tall his head covers the life bars

- He's so tall it's hard to confirm counter hits

- Hugo gets hit by Juri's high fireball while standing

- st.MP reaches far. Can almost reach the opponent at the start of a round

- He's so tall you sweep him in Japan, and he lands in America.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
These notes on Hugo were amusing:

- He's so large, he partially obscures the health bars.

- He's so tall his head covers the life bars

- He's so tall it's hard to confirm counter hits

- Hugo gets hit by Juri's high fireball while standing

- st.MP reaches far. Can almost reach the opponent at the start of a round

- He's so tall you sweep him in Japan, and he lands in America.

I wonder how big his thing is.

Westlo

https://twitter.com/Zhieeep/status/403817490465034240

"Zangief is dead. No OS green hand from light attacks. Can only combo from medium. Light ghand is - 2 and recover small when whiffed."

This better be a troll post I'm so mad I don't know what the fuck Capcom is thinking.

Remember all the Zangief is top tier with double ultra posts.

lol

Agreed, even if it's just subtle, like from SF4->Super. I also want a new character select screen. :/

They probably will change a few things around, but this is a loketest for balance purposes still using Super assets, heck it has the Super announcer even though they already confirmed a new one for Ultra.

Should be at least a new announcer (confirmed), new character select screen and music for it.

It's RIP Bison but if even half of the Hakan changes hold I DON'T CARE.

Kim ‏@Kim1234_ALL_DAY 15h

To all bison users: he is fine. Things got nerfed but it could be a lot worse. Increase chip is something we've been asking for for a while

Kim ‏@Kim1234_ALL_DAY 13h

Bison combo: st. HP --> Red Focus lvl 1 release --> Ultra 1 (bison is a threat when hes not charged with 100% meter!)

Think he means is a threat.

@AndyOCR scissor kick builds more meter too, so it might be viable

He also said c.hp is real damn good, this coming from a guy who was pissed as fuck @ the changes to Bison.

Roche

Grrrr I switched up to have a go at learning Ryu since I figured it would help me with the fundamentals, but I can't do most of his BnB's.

I don't know if I'm messing up the timing or what but I'm having trouble with stuff like:
c.lp, c.lp, c.lp, c.hk
c.mp, c.mp, c.hk

Westlo

Grrrr I switched up to have a go at learning Ryu since I figured it would help me with the fundamentals, but I can't do most of his BnB's.

I don't know if I'm messing up the timing or what but I'm having trouble with stuff like:
c.lp, c.lp, c.lp, c.hk
c.mp, c.mp, c.hk

They're 1 frame links, do you even plink?

c.lp, c.lp, c.lp, c.hk
c.mp, c.mp, c.hk

I'm assuming your issue is linking the sweep? If that's the case it's because it's a 1f link and the hardest part of the combo. The combo is actually pretty easy though. You just need to learn the timing and then it's like playing one of those music games. You can just feel the rhythm and know the timing naturally without having to concentrate or use any audio or visual cues.

Aside from that all I can tell you us that you have to wait till your jab or cr. strong ends before you go for the sweep. It would also be really helpful if you know or learn how to plink.

OceanBlue

c.lp, c.lp, c.lp, c.hk
c.mp, c.mp, c.hk

If you have trouble with 1f links, try doing cr.lp cr.lp cr.hp tatsu (2f link) or even cr.lp cr.lp shoryuken (3f link).

Roche

Cheers guys, those combos look so easy I had no idea the timing would be so awkward. I'm going to look into learning how to Plink anyways it's probably about time.

Westlo

You might be better off going with those easier combos now since they're nerfing untechable knockdowns in Ultra, so it's prob better to go for more damage.

c.lp c.lp hp srk is 180 dmg

while c.lp c.lp c.lp c.hk is 147 dmg

They nerfed rufus even more wtf

oZK5F.gif

I just realized Evil Ryu now has a legit safe focus breaker. When I first read about the target combo change I just thought about using it as a knockdown combo against crouchers. But you can throw that out safely against focus attacks. Before Evil Ryu players had to use low forward or something into tatsu or SRK. But they can be baited and punished. With the TC he doesn't go anywhere so opponents who back dash out of their focus can't punish it. And if you punish a focus, the total damage would be 180.

Man Evil Ryu is looking good for USF4. Although I have to admit Ken is looking a little better.

gutabo

Huh, looking at the Super and AE mooks, it's listed as 1f. Could have sworn it was 2f like Rog's U2, because you can jump out of it.

It does change from 1+0 to 0+1, but a bunch of Ultras in the AE mook are changed to 0+X.

There are no zero frames throws/supers/ultras in the game. They have always been at least one frame. The most important thing is when the super/ultra freeze happens. If it happens after that one frame(1+0), the throw can't be escaped. If it happens before that one frame(0+1) there's one frame afterwards where the opponent can escape the throw.

Kim ‏@Kim1234_ALL_DAY 15h

To all bison users: he is fine. Things got nerfed but it could be a lot worse. Increase chip is something we've been asking for for a while

Bison combo: st. HP --> Red Focus lvl 1 release --> Ultra 1 (bison is a threat when hes not charged with 100% meter!)

Think he means is a threat.

@AndyOCR scissor kick builds more meter too, so it might be viable

He also said c.hp is real damn good, this coming from a guy who was pissed as fuck @ the changes to Bison.

I would have to see. Honestly most of the issue is going to be more the fact most other characters got a number is useful buffs, Bison will drop down because of this alone. Bison only got one relevant buff: far.mp being a little faster and special cancleable. Cr.hp has been reported to be a 10 frame move now, still too slow unless they buffed the hitbox and that has not been confirmed yet. Added SK damage...yeah its only 10 damage and it was applied in the wrong place, FADC combos are still useless and it wasn't worth the nerf to his pressure game.

No reduced charge time on U2 is not a good buff on its own. That does not address the issues with that move.

Edit: Also, so Bison is supposed to act like Gen now and have a full stick of butter at all times to be a threat? I can't imagine they increased the meter build on SK enough to matter.

All I'm asking for this point with Deejay is invincibility frames on ex MGU or upkicks hitting crouch. They made Gouken's Tatsu hit crouch :/

Any of you SoCal guys going to Super Arcade this coming weekend? They're having a USF4 loketest so I imagine it's going to be extremely crowded over the entire weekend. If I lived close enough I would definitely be there. I really wish I could test out my characters changes. Hopefully someone does a PC mod of USF4 just so we can dabble with the changes. I don' t have any motivation to play AE anymore, I just want dat USF4 now.

Lost Fragment

Obsessed with 4chan
I think I'm at the point where I'm not gonna get any better at the game unless I start grinding it out at tournaments. Being at that ceiling is pretty frustrating, and I pretty much need people better than me to play me and tell me what I suck at and how to not suck at it.

Most online warriors who are "good" at this game are good at offense, but they're lacking in defense and neutral. They know how to press the right buttons once they're inside, but they don't know how to get to that point smartly, and I'm not much of an exception to that. It's no wonder; this game is very accomidating for that kind of thing, especially online. I've been working on my neutral game a lot the past few months but playing that shit properly online is fucking hard. I really hope Ultra has better netcode, but I'm not holding my breath.

Horseress

I think I'm at the point where I'm not gonna get any better at the game unless I start grinding it out at tournaments. Being at that ceiling is pretty frustrating.

Most online warriors who are "good" at this game are good at offense, but they're lacking in defense and neutral. They know how to press the right buttons once they're inside, but they don't know how to get to that point smartly, and I'm not much of an exception to that. It's no wonder; this game is very accomidating for that kind of thing, especially online. I've been working on my neutral game a lot the past few months but playing that shit properly online is fucking hard. I really hope Ultra has better netcode, but I'm not holding my breath.

sad-i-know-that-feel-bro_3969556_lrg.jpg

And now, with KI's netcode being that awesome, I'm hoping really reaaaaaaaaaaaaally hard for all that hadouken cabs shit being an USFIV announcement for new gen consoles

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom