• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Street Fighter 4 Æ |OT5| Waiting to go from Super to Ultra

Status
Not open for further replies.
Day 5.

Went to Endless battle; ran into a master. Just kept going and going, taking my L's. Trying to find small victories (Like winning a round)

I think I'm going to stick with this program. I just am not good with the joystick yet, but easily 100 times better than I was. In a month, I think my Honda will be a force. lol

In positive news, I'm up to Trial 19. Seems like small-fries, but each time I execute one is cause for celebration. I was stuck on 15 for two days.

BTW, people are crossing me up like a motherfucker. The best part of taking hours of ass-beatings is you get better at bouncing back from those situations. Still, don't know quite what to do.

Kioshen

BTW, people are crossing me up like a motherfucker. The best part of taking hours of ass-beatings is you get better at bouncing back from those situations. Still, don't know quite what to do.

Block or don't get into that situation
I know it sucks
. Playing a charge character you are bound to have more attempts at crossing you up to make you lose your charge. You can practice auto-correct EX Headbutt for a get off me move since you don't have access to a DP if you really don't want to block and send a message.

Day 5.

Went to Endless battle; ran into a master. Just kept going and going, taking my L's. Trying to find small victories (Like winning a round)

I think I'm going to stick with this program. I just am not good with the joystick yet, but easily 100 times better than I was. In a month, I think my Honda will be a force. lol

In positive news, I'm up to Trial 19. Seems like small-fries, but each time I execute one is cause for celebration. I was stuck on 15 for two days.

At least you have trials...

I would love to add more scrappy players to PSN. Volunteers add me up. PSN is Karsticles.

Getting better and better with my first stick! I'm glad I got a good one. (Or, I think it's good, what do I know?) I've learned about how to get a strong defensive game. I guess as a casual, I never thought about it before. I just kept attacking and occasionally blocked, lol. With Honda, the key to winning is making them come to you. Damn what I would do for an EX headbutt that goes through normal fireballs/has a few frames of invincibility!

I feel like mastering the command-throw will be my meal ticket to taking Honda to the next level. Unfortunately, I haven't got a good feel for it yet.

BTW, what is your favorite character theme? I can't decide between Ken and Ryu, but I think I'm leaning Ryu. Ken Masters, however, is the people's champ.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r43xNAItiGE

Getting better and better with my first stick! I'm glad I got a good one. (Or, I think it's good, what do I know?) I've learned about how to get a strong defensive game. I guess as a casual, I never thought about it before. I just kept attacking and occasionally blocked, lol. With Honda, the key to winning is making them come to you. Damn what I would do for an EX headbutt that goes through normal fireballs/has a few frames of invincibility!

I feel like mastering the command-throw will be my meal ticket to taking Honda to the next level. Unfortunately, I haven't got a good feel for it yet.

BTW, what is your favorite character theme? I can't decide between Ken and Ryu, but I think I'm leaning Ryu. Ken Masters, however, is the people's champ.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r43xNAItiGE

Are you on PSN? Add me (kevo_huevo), I've been a honda main since super came out. I'm willing to share my knowledge (that I stole from Gutabo lol).

Are you on PSN? Add me (kevo_huevo), I've been a honda main since super came out. I'm willing to share my knowledge (that I stole from Gutabo lol).

I am. (vasamorir). My username invites a lot of Spanish-language hatemail when I play Dark Souls. lol

I'll definitely call upon your help in the future. For now, I decided I was going to take some more time getting used to the stick, so I am trying to finish Honda's trials again.

Number 19... can't get the timing right for the life of me. One time I got it right, and accidentally did an EX headbutt instead of a HP version. Didn't count it. :( Any tips for linking the LP?

I am. (vasamorir). My username invites a lot of Spanish-language hatemail when I play Dark Souls. lol

I'll definitely call upon your help in the future. For now, I decided I was going to take some more time getting used to the stick, so I am trying to finish Honda's trials again.

Number 19... can't get the timing right for the life of me. One time I got it right, and accidentally did an EX headbutt instead of a HP version. Didn't count it. :( Any tips for linking the LP?

sorry man, i haven't touched the trials in years and that is also an impractical series of links. maybe this'll help, around 1:33

http://youtu.be/B2_D8PNLzfc

gutabo

that is also an impractical series of links

This, very.
<3 kevo

But if you're going to try to do them(and I see you're stuck on #21) don't forget that you can add normal/special moves in between the moves you're required to do, like in that example you can do c.LK, c.LK, c.LK, c.LP xx hands, super. Oh and those crouching lights are also 1 frame links(like the useless standing jab ones) but you can plink the c.LKs(with jab or select/back) to make it a bit easier.

Oh man, those trials. There are still some that drive me insane, unless I add in some extra buttons to make 'em easier (one of Ryu's later ones comes to mind). Will USF4 have updated trials for the new characters, and the ones they missed for the Twins, E.Ryu, and Oni?

This, very.
<3 kevo

But if you're going to try to do them(and I see you're stuck on #21) don't forget that you can add normal/special moves in between the moves you're required to do, like in that example you can do c.LK, c.LK, c.LK, c.LP xx hands, super. Oh and those crouching lights are also 1 frame links(like the useless standing jab ones) but you can plink the c.LKs(with jab or select/back) to make it a bit easier.

Believe it or not, 21 was easier than 19. lol I had to do a ridiculous exaggerated upper-arm button hit maneuver that I would never do in a real fight... but, shit... that combo sucks anyway. :jnc

Roche

Do you guys think Ibuki's Tsujigoe might become a bit more viable in USFIV with the 6F reduced recovery?

I was just looking through the changes and I thought it might actually be a viable escape option now.

I'm on Trial 24. If I get a special title for finishing it, Ima wear it with pride.

(I used a metronome to finish 21. 170bpm gets it done... actually, I'm not sure if it helps or not. I had to P.Link and discovered that inadvertently I was doing an extra back motion in my (F-B-F) motion. But, I did it.)

EDIT> YEEEAAAAHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!! Not bad for a stick newbie.

stn

I hate Adon, so glad he's not played too often. He's friggin' safe on every special he throws out minus the DP. Ridiculous. Full-screen he throws that EX Jaguar Flip Kick and somehow gets frame advantage to DP my throw attempt. Ridiculous.

xCobalt

His dashes into mgb, his f Fierce, etc. I'm trying to figure it out.

You can't really punish those. His moves tend to be negative on block but it's only like -2 or -3. Also, with the right spacing, he could be at frame advantage. I have trouble with this too but my advice is to look at his patterns. What does he do after teching a throw, air reset (either air to air or ground to air), after he blocks one of your strings, etc. If he has a predictable pattern, try to hit him during the startup of his next move.

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
I hate Adon, so glad he's not played too often. He's friggin' safe on every special he throws out minus the DP. Ridiculous. Full-screen he throws that EX Jaguar Flip Kick and somehow gets frame advantage to DP my throw attempt. Ridiculous.
They are safe on block because they are unsafe on startup. If Adon does fullscreen anything, counterhit that shit.

Azn_Boy

Neo Member

Why are you blocking EX Jaguar Kick fullscreen? React with something or neutral jump and punish it whiffing.

Kimosabae

Banned
Only Jag Tooth I find to beconsistently react-able - and no sensible Adon is going to spam that. Jag Kick is what's most important and it can be done from such a variety of ranges and heights I find it impossible to react to. Viper vs. Adon makes me want to pull my hair out. I really hate that character.

Marz

Only Jag Tooth I find to beconsistently react-able - and no sensible Adon is going to spam that. Jag Kick is what's most important and it can be done from such a variety of ranges and heights I find it impossible to react to. Viper vs. Adon makes me want to pull my hair out. I really hate that character.

Well everyone hates Viper too if it makes you feel better.

I had a itch to play ranked again so I swapped out my folders for the copy that has no patched characters. I just unblockabled a Guile on my way over 3k PP, feels good man. I felt kind of bad for him though.

As for Adon, it's still terrifying to focus him and get counter hit for 150 damage. He'll be fine in Ultra and unlike most characters, he doesn't have to respect red focus. He just can't spam far HK without fear now. As for Viper, I feel like she's getting away pretty unscathed in the transition from AE 2012 to Ultra.

I don't hate Viper.

And, I don't hate Rufus. I used to hate him, but then I came to admire his swag. He's got swag for days. That's why his GF is a dime.

Man, I have such a hard time getting used to doing two QFC in a row. I guess it'll come.

slow it down. dont force the input dont think about doing it too quickly. practice the input in training mode learn it through repetition.

Kimosabae

Banned
Literally screamed "Halle-fucking-luhjah!!" when I saw the cr. MK hitbox buff.

Then I remembered that's been a reported buff since Super.

El Sloth

Banned
PSN D:

I'll play if you need the mu experience dat bad?
BV! How is that Youtube money serving you? I got eliminated by a Rog at the last tournament I went to and I didn't even take a round off of him. I just don't know how to play against the chatacter since I rarely run into him online. What I should be doing, when I shouldn't be pressing a button, etc.

I'd appreciate it if you'd hop on sometime with me. I would say let's play the PC version instead, but the thing runs like doodoo.

PSN: El--Sloth

By the way, there's a thread in Gaming asking people to pimp their youtube channels.

BV! How is that Youtube money serving you? I got eliminated by a Rog at the last tournament I went to and I didn't even take a round off of him. I just don't know how to play against the chatacter since I rarely run into him online. What I should be doing, when I shouldn't be pressing a button, etc.

I'd appreciate it if you'd hop on sometime with me. I would say let's play the PC version instead, but the thing runs like doodoo.

PSN: El--Sloth

By the way, there's a thread in Gaming asking people to pimp their youtube channels.

Who do you main again?

Neutral jump your butt off, that stops most players from abusing dash punch and taps. If you use a fireball character, use your them to properly space him out. Stay out of range of his c. Roundhouse. Learn and watch the replays and see what you did right and did wrong. Hoping online right nao!

Edit: Left me hanging bruh :| let me know when you're down to rumble.

El Sloth

Banned
Who do you main again?

Neutral jump your butt off, that stops most players from abusing dash punch and taps. If you use a fireball character, use your them to properly space him out. Stay out of range of his c. Roundhouse. Learn and watch the replays and see what you did right and did wrong. Hoping online right nao!

Edit: Left me hanging bruh :| let me know when you're down to rumble.
Dude, I didn't mean last night! My bad! I had just gotten home after the fighting the biting cold out here and hit the sack once I was done writing that post. Sorry I didn't make myself clearer, man! What are good days for you? I'll be on tonight around 8 p.m. EST if you can hop on.

Rose. Our match didn't get streamed so I didn't have a replay to watch! I did try to get in some games with all the other Rog players that were there though, and they did help me a bit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom