• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Street Fighter 4 Æ |OT5| Waiting to go from Super to Ultra

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dude, I didn't mean last night! My bad! I had just gotten home after the fighting the biting cold out here and hit the sack once I was done writing that post. Sorry I didn't make myself clearer, man! What are good days for you? I'll be on tonight around 8 p.m. EST if you can hop on.

Rose. Our match didn't get streamed so I didn't have a reply to watch! I did try to get in some games with all the other Rog players that were there though, and they did help me a bit.
Im down

El Sloth

Banned
GGs BV

RIP me

That was brutal for me (although still fun). I feel like I barely learned anything about the matchup. Instead it felt like all my bad habits and deficiencies as a player were highlighted. Which is helpful! I just need to work on reigning back my need to press buttons so much. And I really need to start paying more attention to my opponents meter. I get too caught up in my own meter and health. And my defense in general needs hella work. Hit by too many overheads!

Let's play again some other time, BV.

xCobalt

GGs BV

RIP me

That was brutal for me (although still fun). I feel like I barely learned anything about the matchup. Instead it felt like all my bad habits and deficiencies as a player were highlighted. Which is helpful! I just need to work on reigning back my need to press buttons so much. And I really need to start paying more attention to my opponents meter. I get too caught up in my own meter and health. And my defense in general needs hella work. Hit by too many overheads!

Let's play again some other time, BV.

I had the same reaction the last time I played BV lmao. I crouch tech so much and it really bites me in the ass sometimes

I haven't played bv in a long time, But then I don't play that often these days anyways. He doesn't play rog anymore?

I haven't played BV in a while, but he switched over to Sagat and I believe that's still his main. I think he'll switch if he feels he needs to counter pick though. BTW BV, the Broncos are going to body the Chargers this weekend.

El Sloth

Banned
I had the same reaction the last time I played BV lmao. I crouch tech so much and it really bites me in the ass sometimes
I whiffed normals at the worst time, trying to catch him walking forward. And I rely too much on Rose's backdash.
I haven't played bv in a long time, But then I don't play that often these days anyways. He doesn't play rog anymore?
Yeah, he does. Then again, I did ask him to specifically play Rog to help me with the matchup. So maybe he has a new main.

Edit: Guess he does!

Yeah I main Gat now. I dabble with Rog every now and then just to keep him ready when needed. Like Rice said, I'll bring out Rawg if I'm getting ass raped in a retarded matchup.

Sloth, you need to work on your combos broski. I think you probably hit BnB combos like 3 times we played. D: Way too much backdashing on wake-up. I caught it with dat crouching roundhouse most of the time. With Rose you need to slide a little more, but not too much. it stuffs Rogs dash punch when spaced right. Stop pressing so many damn buttons!!!

Rice, I'm happy they got further than the Packers. :B

LakeEarth

I re-installed the game, mainly to get back into it before Ultra comes out. So if anyone wants to play on PSN in the evenings, let me know (Southern Ontario, ~2500bp'er).

In Gaming I saw a topic bitching about "cheap bosses" and saw Seth written by multiple people. I don't get it! He gives you a free round, and you can have a full meter stocked for round 2 (while he burns it the second he builds a bar). Even when he goes nuts in round 2, he's constantly do that spin kick move that's more than -20 frames on block. Just be defensive, and he'll either SPD you, or do something stupid and you get a fat combo. The SPD did damage it'd be a big deal, but it doesn't.

Ryu rival matches where he has ultra 2 is harder, because of input reading. Oh you pressed jab, that's cute, SHORYUKEN! Aww did you just whiff a throw, ULTRA 2 THERE GOES YOUR LIFE!

LakeEarth

I'm the worst. I can't even beat Ultradavid.

Dude's good. I used to play him online on 3rd Strike for OG Xbox, and he was memorable enough to recognize his name when the FGC blew up when SF4 came out half a decade later. Haven't had the pleasure for SF4.

lol if you can't even beat Geriatric UltraDavid, you're in trouble. dude's hands got more shakes than cookout. might've been a time when beatin him was something, but those years didn't even have "21" in them

too bad these games aren't operated purely by mind, i'd like myself over everyone in here if they were #holdmymeat

Imm0rt4l

I played against a strong gen player today, destroyed my dudley. Didn't stand a chance, so I switched to gouken. I faired well, but lost to shenanigans. 2 more matches and I get closer to beating him and finally defeat him. So of course he switches to Dan, gets destroyed and leaves.

Why are people so afraid of losing? I could understand if I was destroying him and he simply wasn't learning anything. But the moment his shenigans weren't working he dips out? weak.

Kimosabae

Banned
I played against a strong gen player today, destroyed my dudley. Didn't stand a chance, so I switched to gouken. I faired well, but lost to shenanigans. 2 more matches and I get closer to beating him and finally defeat him. So of course he switches to Dan, gets destroyed and leaves.

Why are people so afraid of losing? I could understand if I was destroying him and he simply wasn't learning anything. But the moment his shenigans weren't working he dips out? weak.

Nothing I hate more than someone switching characters after a series of matches. I don't care if I win or lose - but it makes me even more furious when they do it after I start figuring shit out. I just want time to learn a matchup. Game has too many characters as is.

well I guess you never have to worry bout that

ibn4ATN8IOU2GN.gif

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
Thawk is high tier online. I'm more scared of him than I am any of the top tier vortex characters online. Especially on PSN. All it takes is one ultra and super reversal after any dropped inputs or unsafe blocktring and your efforts after landing combos and many hits on him mean nothing. But if I really wanted to keep him in check I'd use Blanka or Adon. They have moves that keep me away from his ass so I don't have to worry about that.

I'm kinda new to SF online play... but is it just me or do charge characters suffer a bit online?

I've been experimenting with Abel, but with little success so far. I want to master that roll into command throw that great Abels use to make you feel like a helpless lamb.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
They all do well online. They don't require complex links and can get away with many things not seen in a typical offline setting.

Shouta

Thawk is high tier online. I'm more scared of him than I am any of the top tier vortex characters online. Especially on PSN. All it takes is one ultra and super reversal after any dropped inputs or unsafe blocktring and your efforts after landing combos and many hits on him mean nothing. But if I really wanted to keep him in check I'd use Blanka or Adon. They have moves that keep me away from his ass so I don't have to worry about that.

Hawk's not much higher, if at all, online than he is offline, as long as you aren't going for unsafe strings. Ryu has more than enough tools to handle Hawk, DP, cr.mk, proper fireball spacing, etc and those aren't reliant on linking your attacks. Your habits make grapplers strong against you and that would be the case online or offline.

Online habits are hard to break and that's why it makes it a difficult place to practice and paly. I was relying far too much on SPDs because it was online and as a result, my play in person was suffering. It took me awhile to stop doing it but I've gotten better at not auto-piloting that's improved my game, heh.

jlai

people must hate playing me in endless then cause i mostly just play random select

i don't know how people don't get bored of playing 1 character and 1 character only all the time

Imm0rt4l

I think jumping from character to character out of boredom is fine. But switching characters because you're getting downloaded or to troll is lame.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
Hawk's not much higher, if at all, online than he is offline, as long as you aren't going for unsafe strings. Ryu has more than enough tools to handle Hawk, DP, cr.mk, proper fireball spacing, etc and those aren't reliant on linking your attacks. Your habits make grapplers strong against you and that would be the case online or offline.

Online habits are hard to break and that's why it makes it a difficult place to practice and paly. I was relying far too much on SPDs because it was online and as a result, my play in person was suffering. It took me awhile to stop doing it but I've gotten better at not auto-piloting that's improved my game, heh.

You have to get close in order to kiss someone. :)

That's why I use a lot of characters, it's what kept me playing the game for so long. I can never get completely bored of the game. That's why it was fun playing against UltraDavid because he used a ton of characters.
And people don't realize top players play a variety of characters too. They aren't going to do it often if at all in tournaments because of obvious reasons. Watching the Topanga Christmas special and you can see. Fuudo was very good with Zangief while Mago was very good in using Chun Li, Blanka, and Juri, Kazunoko showed he can use Bison and Bonchan's Ryu was great as well.

Threi

notag
depends I guess...I dislike playing about 95% of the chars in this game (as opposed to ST where damn near everyone is fun)

But then again my main can be a fucking chore to play (either play perfectly or get bodied...or play perfectly and still get bodied because they know the matchup)...

...i don't even know why i play this game sometimes lol

El Sloth

Banned
Ggs, Imm0rt4l!

Damn, I was playing like trash. So many accidental soul throws (amongst other things). Gotta stop being lazy and spend some time in training mode again. Thanks for playing me for so long! Sorry that Real Madrid took up all the bandwith lol

Imm0rt4l

Ggs, Imm0rt4l!

Damn, I was playing like trash. So many accidental soul throws (amongst other things). Gotta stop being lazy and spend some time in training mode again. Thanks for playing me for so long! Sorry that Real Madrid took up all the bandwith lol

haha no problems, ggs man. Switching to Gouken really put in perspective just how sloppy I've gotten with him, some of those rounds were not classy at all on my part, it's like I forgot that I was even playing a zoning character. Dudley allows me to press buttons. I like pressing buttons, pressing buttons is good.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom