• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Street Fighter 4 Æ |OT5| Waiting to go from Super to Ultra

Status
Not open for further replies.

Marz

I'm looking into getting a new character too, someone I haven't put much time into. But not Cammy. I don't like playing characters I'll get hate mail over using.

I think Dudley or Cody. I never really tried either of them beyond getting a grasp of their normals, specials and easiest combos.

You'll get hate mail no matter what character you play, sad to say.

Dudley and Cody are both terrific frame trap characters, you can press all sorts of buttons once you get inside with them.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
Going to take the time tonight to change all the sticks I personally use to bat top.

Looks like Hori has the Hayabusa stick on their web store now. It really is more precise than your typical JLF or whatever, it's only in the fighting edge and the Sako LE HRAP. I want a silent version of it.

With Ibuki:

Target Combo 1
Target Combo 4
EX Tsumuji
Raida

That combo feels so nice. It's the Raida at the end. I was able to pull it off tonight in an online match. I'm going to stick with her and Honda for a while. (Blanka is my salty run-back character, lol)

K.Sabot

Every time I get inspired to play this game again, 3/4 matches I have are laggy as all fucking hell and I get disgusted with the game again.

Et9iQ.gif

With Ibuki:

Target Combo 1
Target Combo 4
EX Tsumuji
Raida

That combo feels so nice. It's the Raida at the end. I was able to pull it off tonight in an online match. I'm going to stick with her and Honda for a while. (Blanka is my salty run-back character, lol)

wait till you can pull off sjc links and the loops. so hawt.

LakeEarth

You'll get hate mail no matter what character you play, sad to say.

Dudley and Cody are both terrific frame trap characters, you can press all sorts of buttons once you get inside with them.

I think it'll be good for me to try some frame trap characters, as I don't use them nearly enough. Technically I'm doing frametraps all the time when playing Sakura, but that's completely accidental and due to the nature of her buttons.

I'm getting to the point where I can feel when I know I dropped a combo.

When I first started playing about a month ago, I used to see those combos and I'd say 'how the hell could anybody get that timing right?'

I dunno, slowly it becomes more and more automatic. you aren't even thinking about it. I was a musician for many years, so I know exactly what's going on: Muscle Memory!

All things considered, if you aren't playing with a stick, you really aren't playing the game. I think this and Dark Souls will be the only games I'll play this year. Low-skill, high narrative games no longer entertain me. Ni no Kuni effectively killed the JRPG for me forever. Just putrid. And I can't stand 70 hours of Kansai-Ben, good god.

Roche

Man ever I stopped relying on the Kunai vortex and actually started playing Street Fighter this game has gotten so much more fun. Learning the fundamentals is so essential and it's something I think a lot of people miss out on when they start out playing Ibuki.

Another plus side to not relying on the same old vortex is that my messages are a whole lot less hateful.

Man ever I stopped relying on the Kunai vortex and actually started playing Street Fighter this game has gotten so much more fun. Learning the fundamentals is so essential and it's something I think a lot of people miss out on when they start out playing Ibuki.

Another plus side to not relying on the same old vortex is that my messages are a whole lot less hateful.

I don't go for those kind of unsavory tactics, sir.

Anyone see Xian's Academy? Only watched a bit so far and I've already learned some stuff. I'll probably post some timestamps later for those who wanna skip to a particular topic.

It doesn't get good until a little ways in. I'd recommend everybody just skip the first part. (lol)

I'm just glad to see more non-shoto characters win more. Japanese players seem to stick with the Shoto class characters, and it's a bit boring. I chalk it up to a better, more balanced system.

Imm0rt4l

It doesn't get good until a little ways in. I'd recommend everybody just skip the first part. (lol)

I'm just glad to see more non-shoto characters win more. Japanese players seem to stick with the Shoto class characters, and it's a bit boring. I chalk it up to a better, more balanced system.
How do you figure

How do you figure

Just personal observation on how it 'seems,' both watching tournaments and playing on the Japanese severs when I lived in Tokyo. Statistics may or may not back that up, so I was careful to use the word 'seem' so it would be clear that it's just an observation.

The wakeup speed change by itself will help chars with poor wakeup, unless folks come up with oki OS's that work on both getups (I think it's possible a shoto will have one)

Setups off a throw/Knockdown wasn't the problem. It was just most characters could walk up to Deejay and cr.lk all day for free.

Threi

notag
DeeJay's ex sobat has both slower startup (15f) and less inv frames (1-7f) than ex soul spiral

His ex mgu starts up one frame faster (12f), but has much less inv frames (1-4f) than ex soul spiral

His ex upkicks whiffs on almost every crouching move in the game (unless you are a big char like gief and hawk)

So as it stands right now delayed wakeup doesn't address deejay's wakeup troubles right now as most chars can low meaty him for free (while others can c.mp/c.mk and stuff every reversal attempt outside of super and U2)

Threi

notag
Don't even try to start that "oh u just dont wanna block scrub lolz" garbage please. I am very aware of the importance of blocking on wakeup as much as anyone in this forum. The point is he has no choice but to block on wakeup, or in any neutral situation. The better your character's reversal options are, the better it is to actually do nothing and block. If your opponent is respecting your wakeup options, by doing nothing you can get off scot-free. The point here is DeeJay currently doesn't even have this luxury. There is no "guessing" game here, its either you block the hit or try to do something unsafe that will most likely get stuffed anyways. Which would be fine if he had a real solid strength to counter that weakness...but he doesn't. Its all mediocre strengths with small to large weaknesses.

And sometimes it's not even about the reversal hitting. It would be nice to just see it blocked just to create a bit of space or break in the momentum...but that doesn't happen with this char.

To put it simply: there's a big difference between having options and choosing not to use them, and having no options at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom