• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Street Fighter 4 Æ |OT5| Waiting to go from Super to Ultra

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why is Yun getting massive nerfs in USF4?

The command throw nerfs do suck. As for removing HK up kicks invincibility, I think they want to remove his gimmicky play and make him block more. If you ever watch Fentamu or Kazunoko, it's like their whole game plan is based around showing their opponent that their crazy enough to DP at any time. Now unless you want to spend meter, you have to block. No more EX lunge > HK up kick shenanigan unfortunately lol. I loved doing that to.

He gets some nice stuff though. His MP damage is back and he's on of the few characters who can use EX red focus really effectively. If execution isn't your thing, you don't need to bother with hit confirming int Super and then Ultra, just a simple low forward, LP shoulder, EX red focus gets you Ultra 1 with a heavy lunge for very good damage. Besides that delayed wake up won't hurt his pressure game since it comes from soft knockdowns instead of hard. He did get a little worse, but he'll still be a pretty good character in Ultra.

El Sloth

Banned
GGs, BV and xCobalt. It was fun, but I was playing like complete booty. Dropping everything. Pressing things on wakeup. At least I remembered how much better xbl feels in comparison to PSN.

GGs fellas. Sorry I dipped out of nowhere, I was playing at least 6 hours prior D:

Was getting zoned out and playing Poongko style (head tilted, looking dazed)

B-Genius

Unconfirmed Member
taunt builds meter now.

Wow, this is pretty cool if so. I miss people getting in sneaky taunts from the 3S days. Good potential to change the mindwar/flow of a match quite quickly.

By the way, I have it on good authority who the 5th character is.

All I will say is that Ono was not lying. You guys are going to be pissed.

Greetings, SF4-GAF! I haven't played SF4 since a little before Arcade Edition hit the scene, but I am interested in giving the game another chance when Ultra comes out.

I am going to give Hugo a shot, since he seems like a character that doesn't need to rely on combos in order to do big damage, or a character that has . I know that T.Hawk is a character who has a similar playstyle to what I just described, but I didn't enjoy playing T.Hawk. I think T.Hawk's good, but I ended up settling on Hakan for a long time before I dropped SF4. Hakan is too advanced a grappler for me currently, so I want to focus on Hugo when he drops.

A lot of folks were dismissing him when footage of him was first unveiled, but I'm hearing some good things about him as the game draws closer. One tidbit of info about Hugo is that his standing HP has armor, and the armor can be cancelled into special moves. If that's true, then that really harkens back to the days of Third Strike, where you'd parry into his command-throws. The idea of doing what is essentially a pseudo-parry into any of his other specials and possibly ultras sounds really awesome.

It's unfortunate that the PC version of this game won't be out until August, but all of my friends will definitely be getting the game for consoles. Until then, I will eagerly await any news about the big ugly-faced german monster.

Onemic

Yeah he is. He's definitely top 10, maybe top 5.

isnt top 10 considered upper-mid? and this is the first ive heard of yun being top 5 in 2012. It was only a few months back where he was considered one of the most balanced characters in the game where people were saying to not touch him at all as he was already balanced.

Marz

isnt top 10 considered upper-mid? and this is the first ive heard of yun being top 5 in 2012. It was only a few months back where he was considered one of the most balanced characters in the game where people were saying to not touch him at all as he was already balanced.

Nobody plays him, but he's really good. Xian has him at 6 the last time I saw a tier list for him above Ibuki and Seth and I've seen a couple lists where he was 4 or 5.

El Sloth

Banned
If you ever get the itch to play, I can probably send you a 48 hour trial. I have a few laying around somewhere.
Wow, thanks a lot, dude! That's really kind of ya. I'll probably just stick it out on PS3 for now though. Ultra will probably push me back in to XBL.

xCobalt

Top 3 counterhits in the game rated by "OH SHIT"ness.

1. Midscreen Dudley st.hk
2. Cody cr.HP/cl st.HP
3. Oni back st.mp

That list is weak. Guile's far fierce or Balrog st.mk is better than Oni's back mp. I think it was PR Balrog vs Tokido but I remember him landing st.mk into super at the very beginning of a round. That was definitely an OH SHIT moment.

Top 3 counterhits in the game rated by "OH SHIT"ness.

1. Midscreen Dudley st.hk
2. Cody cr.HP/cl st.HP
3. Oni back st.mp
Dudley's st.hk had mad pushback on CH though.

Cody's cr.HP on CH is definitely a feels bad man moment.

Oni's cr.HP on CH is scarier tbh.

Cammy cr.HP because you know you're about to take that D.

K.Sabot

That list is weak. Guile's far fierce or Balrog st.mk is better than Oni's back mp. I think it was PR Balrog vs Tokido but I remember him landing st.mk into super at the very beginning of a round. That was definitely an OH SHIT moment.

st.mk was definitely on the list, but I took it off because it has limited application.

The hitstun on a ch back mp is so freaking long and leads to so much damage that I put it above it personally.

Other counterhits that didn't make the list include Cammy cr.hp, Honda far st.hp, Chun far st.hp, I completely forgot about Guile's duffs sorry about that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom