• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Street Fighter 4 Æ |OT5| Waiting to go from Super to Ultra

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry BV, I was in a room with a friend and forgot to answer your PM. Definitely want to try to play again since that last time that we 0 bar'd when Jlai hosted. Are you using Ultra mod or normal AE 2012?

HAIDO HATO

Neo Member
I'm going to be doing a write up of my experience with this pretty soon. I feel like this offers a lot those who feel aren't able to partake in bigger tournaments. Making money just by participating and winning definitely is an added incentive.

I don't know. Consider me intrigued.

Complete side note: The pictures on the first post no longer show. At least not for me

On a different note: I play on XBL and PC same GT of GR Stabicron. Have at you!

Online Adon jumping over Rufus doing cross-up jump light kick eternally and mixing it up with landing and throwing. It's dumb enough to have an easy counter - help?

HarrisonSBA

Neo Member
Online Adon jumping over Rufus doing cross-up jump light kick eternally and mixing it up with landing and throwing. It's dumb enough to have an easy counter - help?

If he is using light kick to cross up and it hits high just hold upback or backdash. It doesn't have much blockstun.

Marz

Today I actually got a complement on my Sagat instead of the usual hatemail.

My Adon makes people raaaaage though and im not even good with him lmao people hate that character

Man I haven't played this game in a very long time....I need to get back into this.

What platform do most folk here play on? Fortunately I have the game for 360 and PS3.

Man I haven't played this game in a very long time....I need to get back into this.

What platform do most folk here play on? Fortunately I have the game for 360 and PS3.

If I had to estimate I think most have the pc version. But they will probably also have at least one of the console versions to go along with it. I'm mainly on pc right now and spend more time in training mode using the ultra mod rather than playing against other people.

Ultra should be out in Japanese arcades in just a little over a month. Really can't wait to see how that goes with the new characters, changes, and bp reset.

If I had to estimate I think most have the pc version. But they will probably also have at least one of the console versions to go along with it. I'm mainly on pc right now and spend more time in training mode using the ultra mod rather than playing against other people.

Ultra should be out in Japanese arcades in just a little over a month. Really can't wait to see how that goes with the new characters, changes, and bp reset.

Really, the PC version? That's kinda surprising. I wouldn't mind owning that one though.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
I wouldn't say PS3 has more players, on GAF, yes. If you want to be serious about the game, the 360 version is the way to go and you find tons of well above average players who can help you on the game if you hang out in PXG.

I wouldn't say PS3 has more players, on GAF, yes. If you want to be serious about the game, the 360 version is the way to go and you find tons of well above average players who can help you on the game if you hang out in PXG.

Didn't Super sell better on PS3 than 360? Not to mention most people prefer the d-pad of the dual shock over the 360 controller (assuming they don't have any fighting sticks, of course). What makes you say the 'more serious' players are on 360?

Onemic

Didn't Super sell better on PS3 than 360? Not to mention most people prefer the d-pad of the dual shock over the 360 controller (assuming they don't have any fighting sticks, of course). What makes you say the 'more serious' players are on 360?

Overall, more people have SF4 on ps3 than on 360, but there are more people who play at a tournament level on the 360 than the ps3.

xCobalt

Agreed. I only mentioned PS3 because Mango asked which console GAF mainly plays on.

Capcom games lag on PS3. In a particular, SF4 has a consistent 1 or 2 frame delay while Marvel will lag if theres too many things going on screen. This means tournaments will more often run on 360 which leads to players primarily practicing on 360.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
Because they are? The proof is in the pudding. A lot more of the top players play on 360, the ones that do play online. PXG is 100% 360. Doesn't look like UYG exists anymore. The guy that ran that actually helped me start out on streaming. You'll find more resourceful players and better competition on the 360. Not even debatable, it's been said for a while.

El Sloth

Banned
This is entirely anecdotal on my part, but I personally find the competition stiffer on XBL. First thing I noticed when I decided to stop paying for XBL Gold and get the PS3 version (when it was free on PS+) was how much more I was winning!

This past weekend that had Free XBL Gold for all users also reminded me of this. Matches were just tougher (and more fun).

Dat BP reset Kreygasm.

Going to keep mah PP/BP at 0

I bought a 360 over 3 years ago just to play SF4 because I kept hearing about how it had better online and comp. And I never believed it until I spent a good amount of time on 360 and then came back to PS3 which was a lag fest. Gamerbee did have a very positive tweet about the PS3 version of USF4 so their is some hope it seems. I'd like to bust out the PS3 version of USF4 in the future and be able to have a decent experience with the GAF'ers who are on PS3.

But with all that said, I really hope their is a PS4 version so I can play this on my HDTV and have a excuse to buy a new arcade stick.

xCobalt

I bought a 360 over 3 years ago just to play SF4 because I kept hearing about how it had better online and comp. And I never believed it until I spent a good amount of time on 360 and then came back to PS3 which was a lag fest. Gamerbee did have a very positive tweet about the PS3 version of USF4 so their is some hope it seems. I'd like to bust out the PS3 version of USF4 in the future and be able to have a decent experience with the GAF'ers who are on PS3.

But with all that said, I really hope their is a PS4 version so I can play this on my HDTV and have a excuse to buy a new arcade stick.

I doubt netcode will change at all for USF4. If it did, I'm sure that would be one of the selling points for the game and they haven't even mentioned it at all. Taiwan also has really good internet infrastructure. Last I remember, they were like top 5 in the world right next to Japan.

I hope there's a PS4 version too. I don't really have any intentions of getting an xbox one.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
I was going to mention that myself. Don't take anybody's word from Asia seriously when it comes to netcode for online play. Even games with crap netcode is well above average when it comes to U.S standards.
I really don't understand technological advances in the U.S because of that either. Computing speeds double to quadruple every year but the internet infrastructure barely budges. Companies keep saying they are going to do this and that and never do.

xCobalt

I was going to mention that myself. Don't take anybody's word from Asia seriously when it comes to netcode for online play. Even games with crap netcode is well above average when it comes to U.S standards.
I really don't understand technological advances in the U.S because of that either. Computing speeds double to quadruple every year but the internet infrastructure barely budges. Companies keep saying they are going to do this and that and never do.

Cable companies have no reason to offer better/cheaper plans because there's no competition. Until Google launches their services on a large scale or the government intervenes, I doubt the US internet infrastructure will change. It may have actually taken a step back since Comcast is acquiring Time Warner. The situation here in Canada is pretty similar too. Like most people, I'm stuck with one ISP and have no choice.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
Yeah. U.S is screwed unless congress or whatever steps in. The technology already exists for wireless internet equivalent to FIOS.

Philly was supposed to be the first fully wifi city with Super Wifi but that died. Comcast actually has regressed since I switched to Verizon because of them.

MIMIC

Banned
Played with my former main (Guile) for a bit. I didn't know how amazing his backspin knuckle was. I hit this one guy 3 straight times with it, lol

K.Sabot

Saw Ed fucking Ma playing on PC and I had to play him.

He plays yun now!

Sucks that my shitty internet fucked it all up in the deciding match.

stn

Injustice netcode gets a bad rep? I've never experienced lag once while playing it on 360. SF4 and SFxT, however, are sometimes chaotic. KOF13 on Steam has also been a perfectly smooth online experience for me. In contrast, I've had lag on AE PC playing with a friend who lives a few hours away from me.

Saw Ed fucking Ma playing on PC and I had to play him.

He plays yun now!

Sucks that my shitty internet fucked it all up in the deciding match.
He plays a ton of characters at a very high level. He usually plays Yang against me...mix up city. He did play his Akuma against my Gat for one of our long sessions, lets just say it wasn't pretty. :(

So I'm going to work for Capcom in a few months and apparently they play SF. I've been bodied before and I imagine it'll become my daily ritual. I have to bulk up. Will I be fine playing Ryu for a year, or should I learn another character in parallel?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom