• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Street Fighter 4 Æ |OT5| Waiting to go from Super to Ultra

Status
Not open for further replies.
Are you playing on a laptop by any chance? Not to assume too much, but it sitting right at 49/50fps sounds like you're using vsync in fullscreen on a monitor that's only set ti output 50hz instead of 60hz.

Or it's PAL, in which case my deepest sympathies.

Marz

Mike ross and gootecks commentary on esgn remimds me of beavis and butthead

Yea they're pretty horrible, they're both color commentaters...they need someone more professional in there IMO who will talk about the actual matches instead of cracking jokes all the time.

Marz

Yea I'm expecting ranked to just be played on Ultra and then endless will have an option when you create a lobby on whether you can allow choose your edition.

That's my best educated guess.

USD

Wonder how online will implement it?

Have a separate lobby for it?

Edition Select is offline-only, according to the USFIV blog. Also console-exclusive, unsurprisingly.

I don't get it myself, why would you make it offline only? Just make it an Endless Battle-only thing, as a separate option...

Edition Select is offline-only, according to the USFIV blog. Also console-exclusive, unsurprisingly.

I don't get it myself, why would you make it offline only? Just make it an Endless Battle-only thing, as a separate option...

That sucks to hear. I'm with you on the idea that this should at least be allowed in Endless. Not allowing it ranked is completely understandable. I have friends that I would love to play this mode with. Unfortunately they don't live near me anymore so we can get together for casuals like we did in the past since some of them have moved. And those were the only guys that I played SF4 with in person. Basically the only time I will see this mode is at tourney's then and I want to mess around with it more then just that 1 day every month.

Why would they make it at all? This crossbreed is some kind of bullshit, amplified by the fact some characters are super or AE only.

I think that's why you limit it as an Easter Egg. I don't want to face Vanilla Sagat and I never had to deal with AE Yun but I hear it was rough. But, it's cool having that in there.

SHL23

Banned
Why would they make it at all? This crossbreed is some kind of bullshit, amplified by the fact some characters are super or AE only.

Cause they made sf2 anniversary with the same shit and alpha aanthology had it too.

This mode got me hyped.

I've been noticing that I've been getting jumped in on constantly and not anti-airing. Is there anything that you guys have tried to get better at punishing jump-ins?

Marz

Fuck Gouken, Adon, Blanka, Juri, Guy and every other character that's kinda annoying tbh

O fuck yea I forgot about Juri, at least nobody plays her

honda is a great counterpick to all of them. hold down-back ftw

That's true. Charge characters have such good buttons I get jealous sometimes

I've been noticing that I've been getting jumped in on constantly and not anti-airing. Is there anything that you guys have tried to get better at punishing jump-ins?

What character do you use?

What's bad about his buttons? Plus his walk speed is freaking good.

5f cr.short
Far.HP has a terrible hitbox, and is supposed to float on CH but barely does
Close.HP really has no use. First hit is special cancellable but it would be a waste of damage to do so.
Far.HK is really slow and some characters can punish it on hit
cr.HP doesn't Anti air like it should, really bad hitbox
cl.HK is so clunky. only use is for its super cancel. It should be special cancellable at least.

stn

Dee-Jay has good buttons? His zoning is mediocre because his AA normals are really prone to trading (this is why he loses to Honda and 'Gief). His cr. jab is good and his cr.mk is good but not much else stands out. St.mp is decent but very space-dependent, st.fp can be used as an AA but it will trade if you're even slightly late.

People just don't know the matchups to realize that Dee-Jay is very mediocre. Years later and I STILL see people trying to cross-up Dee-Jay when they could just meaty low or safe-jump for free. I love the character but he is far from what he used to be in ST. I wish Capcom would either make him a good zoner or a good rushdown character, not a jack-of-all-trades like they seem to want him to be.

He'll be better in ultra but its not going to matter if all his bad matchups also get buffed. The introduction of DWU alone is going to hurt his cross-up game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom