• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Street Fighter 4 Æ |OT5| Waiting to go from Super to Ultra

Status
Not open for further replies.
oh yea rice. how unsafe is that eryu target combo? it really looks unsafe.

It can actually be really safe if spaced well. It's only -5, even when done upclose with a late cancel(going from MP to HP) only a few moves can punish it like Vega's cr. MP or Ryu's sweep. If for example Evil Ryu does cr. LPx3 and then target combo, I'm not sure any normal can punish it, maybe just Vega's cr. MP. If done like that then only really fast supers can catch it like Chun's and maybe Ryu's.

USF4 for PS4 makes great sense if SF5 isn't coming for a long while.

That said, PC version ensures that SF4 will last, so I'm not too worried about it either way.

The PC version is actually the version I'm most excited about. I say that because I think at some point, someone is going to hack it and allow us to use ES mode online. This way I can play with some of my friends and hopefully you guys if or whenever someone releases a mod for it like they have for USF4. Too bad it's coming 2 months later or maybe it would have already been done by then.

alstein

It can actually be really safe if spaced well. It's only -5, even when done upclose with a late cancel(going from MP to HP) only a few moves can punish it like Vega's cr. MP or Ryu's sweep. If for example Evil Ryu does cr. LPx3 and then target combo, I'm not sure any normal can punish it, maybe just Vega's cr. MP. If done like that then only really fast supers can catch it like Chun's and maybe Ryu's.

The PC version is actually the version I'm most excited about. I say that because I think at some point, someone is going to hack it and allow us to use ES mode online. This way I can play with some of my friends and hopefully you guys if or whenever someone releases a mod for it like they have for USF4. Too bad it's coming 2 months later or maybe it would have already been done by then.

Has that two months later been confirmed? I've heard a lot of folks saying it, but haven't found a source.

LakeEarth

I remember being apart of one of the first one.

I won my first match....AND THEN MY 360 FUCKING RED RINGED >_<

I made it to winners finals scrubbing it with Honda, but then PhatSaqs used Rose at a level I never seen and I couldn't adjust. Vanilla Rose, mind you, so you know he was working hard. I didn't know about her backdash.

alstein

lol gaffers committing to gaf tourneys/ranbats

Online tournies are hell to organize. I used to do some back in the kaillera days. It's hard enough getting people offline, online when folks have all sorts of different schedules and don't really have a stake in it is impossible.

Shame about the August news- I wonder what happens when 7/1 hits and GFWL shuts down, no AE for two months?

If that's the case, I'm going to be spamming mikos in Love Max.

jlai

Online tournies are hell to organize. I used to do some back in the kaillera days. It's hard enough getting people offline, online when folks have all sorts of different schedules and don't really have a stake in it is impossible.

we ran multiple ranbat seasons where the only thing you had to do was organize one BO3 set in the span of a week and people couldn't be bothered to do that. there wasn't even any effort to communicate from many parties. in the end it just became the regulars, so at that point we just stopped caring too

I'm guilty of dropping out of the last one. My weird schedule made it hard to play my last two opponents before I decided their was no point in continuing. I'd contact them repeatedly on my off day and they weren't around. Then I'm at work the rest of the week so it doesn't matter if they try to get in contact with me.

I still want us to throw some GAF tourney's, but maybe we should stick to 1 day events so that people don't have to worry about committing long term. It's not that GAFbats can't work again, but the days of 20+ people signing up and actually finishing is rather unrealistic with so many variables from schedule to people just not caring anymore after a week. It would have to be a much smaller ranbat, but at this point I don't think anybody cares enough to put in the effort to run one anymore.

But hey, if PC version gets hacked to allow ES mode online, I'm definitely throwing some one day tourney's for that.

Can't say I've been following the changes / revisions to US4 as much as I should. Are they still continuing to make changes and tweaks to everyone?

And damn, I'm always down for a GAF tourney. I was mighty sad when the last ranbats went to shit.

Rentahamster

Rodent Whores
I dunno when the last time I signed in to XBL was. Nowadays I only play offline at this bar I go to.

Who's going to EVO this year?

Kimosabae

Banned
we ran multiple ranbat seasons where the only thing you had to do was organize one BO3 set in the span of a week and people couldn't be bothered to do that. there wasn't even any effort to communicate from many parties. in the end it just became the regulars, so at that point we just stopped caring too

Damn, really? That I could get behind that's a great idea.

Like i said. we did 3. the dropout rate on the first one was low the drop rate on the 2nd was a little higher the 3rd was about 50% drops. 8 sets of best of 3 2 month commitment. next time i do one i am going to have to find a way to make people stay in

AZ Greg

I'll be at EVO! Going to get back into it. If anyone is down hit me up on XBL. Gonna be on PC within the next couple days as well! :eek:

vulva

Are you trying to fly from Toronto? I'm really considering it this year, just depends if I can get my cousin to come with me this year.

I flew out of TO last year, it was 400 bucks plus fees. All things said, other than food, the EVO trip will probably cost me ~700.

Most of which will be made back through betting, if previous years are any indication.

Like i said. we did 3. the dropout rate on the first one was low the drop rate on the 2nd was a little higher the 3rd was about 50% drops. 8 sets of best of 3 2 month commitment. next time i do one i am going to have to find a way to make people stay in

20 dollar registration fee.

Alright I think I'm finally ready to jump back in to this game. It's been like a year or something. Anyone wanna play today? I'm on xbl and psn. Might pick up the pc version next time it's cheap on steam.

xCobalt

I flew out of TO last year, it was 400 bucks plus fees. All things said, other than food, the EVO trip will probably cost me ~700.

Most of which will be made back through betting, if previous years are any indication.

Do you know how much cheaper it would be to fly from Buffalo instead?

Alright I think I'm finally ready to jump back in to this game. It's been like a year or something. Anyone wanna play today? I'm on xbl and psn. Might pick up the pc version next time it's cheap on steam.

Im on XBL right now. GT same as it is here.

I'd be up for some games on psn later today, psn:Dominus_what..

edit: Seems SF4 gaf is 50/50 psn/xbl while Mahvel gaf is 75/25 psn/xbl

Do you know how much cheaper it would be to fly from Buffalo instead?

Im on XBL right now. GT same as it is here.
Alright gimme like 10 min. And forgive if I'm garbage and rusty as hell. Send me an invite whenever you're ready.

xbl - EylessOrphan
I'd be up for some games on psn later today, psn:Dominus_what..

edit: Seems SF4 gaf is 50/50 psn/xbl while Mahvel gaf is 75/25 psn/xbl
Alright cool. I'll add you for later. Or you can add me

PSN - EyelessOrphan

xCobalt

Alright gimme like 10 min. And forgive if I'm garbage and rusty as hell. Send me an invite whenever you're ready.

xbl - EylessOrphan

Alright cool. I'll add you for later. Or you can add me

PSN - EyelessOrphan

Good games man. I'm not competent with that many characters as you can tell haha.

xCobalt

Oh no it's cool. That Gouken pressure was too much. I was only bouncing around characters because I couldn't for the life of me remember who I used, so I generally just switched when I lost.

Yeah, I was curious who your main was. Also, if you're in the corner against Gouken, don't press buttons after a fireball. He's like +6 on block..

Yeah, I was curious who your main was. Also, if you're in the corner against Gouken, don't press buttons after a fireball. He's like +6 on block..
Yeah I couldn't remember the Gouken matchup for shit. I suppose my main right now would be Vega, until I get back into the swing of things and then I'll probably start playing Viper and Rufus again. I tend to have serious character crisis moments, so who knows.

I forgot how much fun the game is, so it was really nice to play again.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
Yeah good games Moa. Wish the connection weren't so wacky. I was starting to have fun and then it just disconnects.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
I don't know if anybody noticed but for me personally it's impossible to get two c.lk with Cammy and Fei. For some reason the second one they will always stand. Ultra mod has some bugs.

Moaradin

I don't know if anybody noticed but for me personally it's impossible to get two c.lk with Cammy and Fei. For some reason the second one they will always stand. Ultra mod has some bugs.

You were using a mod this whole time? Maybe that will explain the disconnects. I'm surprised it even let us play at all.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
Well yeah. It's the Ultra mod. No idea about people connecting but that can't be the problem. Even without the mod I still get the disconnection like I have with you with someone else and one person I just played with had the mod too and same thing. It seems the game gets weird at times because it happens to many people but no one can seem to pinpoint the problem. There are days where the same people I played with today I have no problems with.

jlai

in the build kingblacktoof patched chars to they nerfed the ability to chain c.lk together for fei and cammy. not sure if that was reverted in the most recent build they showed at SCR though

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom