• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Street Fighter 4 Æ |OT5| Waiting to go from Super to Ultra

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vice

how do I get GFWL error: "0x80072751" to go away? Says there's an update but it just stalls and kicks me to offline mode.

Kaleinc

Banned
Anti-air which does the reset and they land. I think that's the one where they can cancel it right? But unless it takes them off the ground, a zero frame throw would usually win, no? I have to test it with some folks to see if there's something that can be done against it. The testing in training mode can only go so far
In theory all they have to do after reset is hold up or mash an invincible move.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
Was just about to mod mine today.. What in particular was bothering you? Would it be ok for training mode stuff?

Input drops. Certain links drop when they shouldn't. Training mode is alright but I wouldn't play actual games with it.

Rentahamster

Rodent Whores
Either. Doesn't seem to affect Sim though. He doesn't have many links to begin with.

Ah...I was contemplating modding my game and then inviting people over to have an Ultra SF4 party, but if the game has too many glitches, maybe that's not such a good idea afterall.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
I just noticed it with Cammy, Fei and Sakura. Threi says he noticed it with Deejay and whoever. I didn't really notice it with Dhalsim but then again he's not a combo heavy character.

Threi

notag
With dj its largely fine offline (aside from his far strong being wonky but thats just dj for you)

Online things just go to shit...not sure why. Im thinking the netcode and the modded files dont get along well. The higher the latency the worse it is (and it leads to frequent desyncs and disconnects)

So about USF4 again, does anybody know when exactly in April it will come out? I'm so ready to watch mid/top players go at it for real. Getting kind of tired of these "lets fuck around" exhibition tournaments that we've been seeing at Majors. I just hope that footage isn't that hard to come by since I know many arcades don't allow you to record matches.

alstein

So about USF4 again, does anybody know when exactly in April it will come out? I'm so ready to watch mid/top players go at it for real. Getting kind of tired of these "lets fuck around" exhibition tournaments that we've been seeing at Majors. I just hope that footage isn't that hard to come by since I know many arcades don't allow you to record matches.

It's June, August for PC.

Yeah, I meant Ultra. Plus Ricky, Justin, PR Rog, and Gamerbee(I think) all confirmed they're basically going to stay in Japan for a while to train for Ultra. So they may show up in Japanese arcade footage. I'm just so ready to move on, but the Japanese will get their hands on it first. At least we can check out all the footage that comes out of it and enjoy it while also analyzing it to see what new tech has been found and how they utilize the new system mechanics.

We'll have footage from Next Level and Super Arcade as well I think, pretty sure they have a few arcade setups. KBrad, LI Joe, and Mike Ross have also said they plan to go. Hopefully we'll also get the final balance change list soon.

We'll have footage from Next Level and Super Arcade as well I think, pretty sure they have a few arcade setups. KBrad, LI Joe, and Mike Ross have also said they plan to go. Hopefully we'll also get the final balance change list soon.

Can the arcades in America be updated to Ultra? To be honest I'm not sure if the ones in America are even running AE 2012. I always assumed that they were stuck with AE and that they couldn't get the update because they're not connected to whatever it is that's being used to update the cabs in Japan.

Can the arcades in America be updated to Ultra? To be honest I'm not sure if the ones in America are even running AE 2012. I always assumed that they were stuck with AE and that they couldn't get the update because they're not connected to whatever it is that's being used to update the cabs in Japan.

I hope that's not the case.

alstein

Just had something real screwy happen in a Yun vs Honda matchup. I somehow got crossed up on the ground while a Yun was cancelling into Genei-Jin, and Genei-Jin activated with Yun facing away from me.

I laughed because scumbag Yun deserve it, but was really weird, and guessing some sort of fatman-specific bug.

Wynnebeck

Banned
Brehs, how the hell do you beat Zangief as Balrog? I swear that's like my worst matchup since my footsie game has to be on point. First move I throw out with the slightest bit of unsafeness, here comes the cutscene.

Roche

Brehs, how the hell do you beat Zangief as Balrog? I swear that's like my worst matchup since my footsie game has to be on point. First move I throw out with the slightest bit of unsafeness, here comes the cutscene.

My general strategy for Gief is to play extremely safe keeping him as far away as possible, hold onto the life lead and make him try come to you.

That said I suck against grapplers so I dunno why I'm attempting to give advice.

Kaleinc

Banned
Sweep all day and watch for jump ins.

stn

Balrog v. Zangief

-Sweep lariat and green hand recovery
-Use EX headbutt to AA when he does j. fp (it will trade with normal headbutt)
-I *think* max distance dash straight will be safe from SPD

Its just a matter of being REALLY patient and not doing too much. Also, st. fp and st. rh should be useful pokes.

Balrog v. Zangief

-Sweep lariat and green hand recovery
-Use EX headbutt to AA when he does j. fp (it will trade with normal headbutt)
-I *think* max distance dash straight will be safe from SPD

Its just a matter of being REALLY patient and not doing too much. Also, st. fp and st. rh should be useful pokes.

safe from spd but not lariat. stand feirce is the one you want to do. stand feirce c.roundhouse. s.roundhoue is risky because your in his reach for his pokes or a good guess to get in spd range. c.feirce his jumps and keep him at feirce range more or less.

That matchup is all about spacing, especially with online butter churning Giefs. Watch PR Balrog, he plays that matchup perfectly.

MIMIC

Banned
Am I late? I don't care! =p I just so happened to come across this.

Sanford salty as FUCK and destroys his stick. Reminds me of when my opponents always smash their racquets against me in tennis, lol

The game in question starts at 20:52
The round in question starts at 22:54
The game-ending moments start at 24:01
Stick smash at 24:28

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KSbxF6CwqoE

Westlo

It's weird they haven't actually given a solid release date yet....

Also Topanga world league, finally infiltration! Shame no Sako but his kids birth is more important and it's not like he has anything to prove in 2012. I look forward to seeing him in action in Ultra for the B League.

Also first runbacks for infil and xian against daigo, winning here with 15k up for grabs would pretty much erase those exhibition bouts. Bonchan wins this and he is legit in contention for best player of 2012....

a-cho youtube channel will hold us down.

Ultra as long as it doesnt use NESCA it can come to america...we dont have our SF cabs anymore though because its not even AE

It's on the nesica system, which sucks for me since we've always got the arcade releases pretty close to Japan for SFIV :( I have like 3 arcades within 30-40 mins drive that have at least 4 cabs of sfiv, oh well hope the patch hits consoles soon.

http://usf4.nesica.net/

When they first started talking about nescia we knew it was going to really fuck arcades over on a global scale. we knew it would be bad...we didnt know it would literally crush everything.

Good netplay would have put a dent in the casual level repeat market but still wouldn't have killed the arcade generating traffic. half the time I sit in next level wishing we had AE2012 on cab so we had a reason to keep the cabs because the cabs generated the random passerby interest. that shit is dead. thank god we have a old cab.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom