• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Street Fighter 4 Æ |OT5| Waiting to go from Super to Ultra

Status
Not open for further replies.

petran79

Banned
Shame about the August news- I wonder what happens when 7/1 hits and GFWL shuts down, no AE for two months?

If that's the case, I'm going to be spamming mikos in Love Max.

Then more people will play the older street fighters on ggpo and supercade for their daily dose!

Real Talk I'd gladly run the ultra ranbat, (was supposed to be 1 per version) If I can get people to commit to it. I'll give up my time that I waste doing nothing to do shit but i gotta see people wanna do it.

MIMIC

Banned
My earlier post:
Has there ever been a fix/work-around for the bug that removes a player's GT in the replay channel?

Most of my saved vids just say "PLAYER2" :-/

its not a bug? i thought that was intentional

I think that happens when you save a replay and watch them offline.

Seems like the error is isolated to just my primary account :-/

I was bored and decided to take a look at my other accounts, including one account that I made when I my Gold subscription ran out. Videos that I saved in 2012 (and ones in my battle log) still have the players names.

Ugh.

xCobalt

My earlier post:

Seems like the error is isolated to just my primary account :-/

I was bored and decided to take a look at my other accounts, including one account that I made when I my Gold subscription ran out. Videos that I saved in 2012 (and ones in my battle log) still have the players names.

Ugh.

Hmm. Does it have something to do with the player themself maybe? Maybe their gamertag changed or they were banned?

MIMIC

Banned
Hmm. Does it have something to do with the player themself maybe? Maybe their gamertag changed or they were banned?

I'm almost (ALMOST! lol) certain that even when they changed their name, it still stayed the same in the video (because that happened a few times on my main account...before the error finally got to the video). Lemme check that.

Another thing: on my other account, I get the "data might be corrupted" error message...even though everything is fine. On my main account, I don't get the error message, yet most of the GTs are missing.

EDIT: OK, very freaking interesting.

On my MAIN account, I saved a match I played against Wolfkrone (and uploaded it to YouTube, IIRC). When we played, his GT was "o Wolfkrone o" (I know because I checked his GT in the video that I saved to my computer). When I saved this video to my computer, it only showed "PLAYER2" as his name.

TODAY, when I watch the video in the "My List" channel, it shows his name as "KroneZone" and I assume that that is his current GT.

WTF! The error corrected itself after he changed his GT! (or sometime between now and then, I dunno).

EDIT 2: Videos that I saved just a few days ago now have the GT error -______________-

EDIT 3: All the names are now back. I hit "Sort" and chose "Display replays in order of ratings" and some how, that fixed the bug.

Ummmm....OK. I'll take it :)

I've been in Sac since yesterday night. I'm coming for dat passass

Well actually I'm not. Too busy meeting people and running errands :( . Going to Final Round this weekend instead would have been godlike.

ScOULaris

Hopping on PSN right now for a little while. Message me if you wanna play some Endless matches.

PSN ID: ScOULaris

Edit: Yeah, looks like I should have gotten some practice matches in before inviting GAFers to come kick my ass up and down PSN. I loathe returning to SF after a long layoff. Good games, everyone. :)

Kaleinc

Banned
One more cammy, come on Capcom.
On another note gfwl was not the best service in galaxy but steam is down like every day so when ultra is out and you can't play shit I wonder how many will miss ms's platform.

Onemic

One more cammy, come on Capcom.
On another note gfwl was not the best service in galaxy but steam is down like every day so when ultra is out and you can't play shit I wonder how many will miss ms's platform.

Since when is Steam down everyday?

Is GFWL broken for anyone else? I can't find any matches or even create a match.

My search keeps resulting in these 2 names that show up multiple times(at least 3 each) while I get a few other names that keep showing up twice. Search seems pretty busted right now. I can find one guy with a decent connection, but all those other guys that keep showing up have non stop flashing bars.

So I started hosting and got bodied by DBJ. Also lost to Comboless Clown 3-4 times, at least he played Sim more. I'm more motivated to play his Sim than his Ryu which is just a slot machine that somehow guesses right 80% of the time. The most embarrassing thing about this experience is that I kept throwing a fireball at the beginning of rounds against DBJ. It's like I completely forgot that I played the same person for like 8 straight matches so I got jumped in on because I kept doing the same thing over and over.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
Reverted Ultra mod back to regular. Too many bugs and glitches. Can't wait for real Ultra but I'm going to keep the badass stage mods, icons, menu, etc. I already have for it.

hypernima

Banned
Yo does anyone know if there's a good converter for DS2 to xbox 360?
I don't like xbox pad, and I need one thats not a cronos for a tournament.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
I'm going to play later tonight. PC of course. I'm willing to let PSN run on the other lobby if anybody wants it.

Shouta

Hrm, I think I have anti-air into Ultra 1 or Super against Neutral Jump for T.hawk.

As far as I can tell. done correctly, you get it on landing frames or turnaround frames making it impossible to beat, lol.

Shouta

Does it lose to reversals?

It hits on the opponent's landing frames from the front so you can't reversal. As far as I can tell because it's the landing animation for most characters. On the cross-up, it looks like they're turning around. I don't think you can mash a reversal there and it'd probably mess up inputs though, I haven't see nif someone will get an auto-correct DP.

xCobalt

It hits on the opponent's landing frames from the front so you can't reversal. As far as I can tell because it's the landing animation for most characters. On the cross-up, it looks like they're turning around. I don't think you can mash a reversal there and it'd probably mess up inputs though, I haven't see nif someone will get an auto-correct DP.

Are you antiairing the opponent (which air resets them) then doing U1 as they land or waiting for them to come down from their jump and doing U1? Depending on the situation, the opponent can cancel their landing frames into a move.

Shouta

Are you antiairing the opponent (which air resets them) then doing U1 as they land or waiting for them to come down from their jump and doing U1? Depending on the situation, the opponent can cancel their landing frames into a move.

Anti-air which does the reset and they land. I think that's the one where they can cancel it right? But unless it takes them off the ground, a zero frame throw would usually win, no? I have to test it with some folks to see if there's something that can be done against it. The testing in training mode can only go so far

hitsugi

Reverted Ultra mod back to regular. Too many bugs and glitches. Can't wait for real Ultra but I'm going to keep the badass stage mods, icons, menu, etc. I already have for it.

Was just about to mod mine today.. What in particular was bothering you? Would it be ok for training mode stuff?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom