• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Street Fighter 4 Æ |OT5| Waiting to go from Super to Ultra

Status
Not open for further replies.
Also Topanga world league, finally infiltration! Shame no Sako but his kids birth is more important and it's not like he has anything to prove in 2012. I look forward to seeing him in action in Ultra for the B League.

Speaking of grats to him and his wife, also on their anniversary! Being a family man has been working out well for him.

Westlo

When they first started talking about nescia we knew it was going to really fuck arcades over on a global scale. we knew it would be bad...we didnt know it would literally crush everything.

Good netplay would have put a dent in the casual level repeat market but still wouldn't have killed the arcade generating traffic. half the time I sit in next level wishing we had AE2012 on cab so we had a reason to keep the cabs because the cabs generated the random passerby interest. that shit is dead. thank god we have a old cab.

Huh? Why couldn't you update your cabs to 2012? We did in Melbourne.

Vice

When they first started talking about nescia we knew it was going to really fuck arcades over on a global scale. we knew it would be bad...we didnt know it would literally crush everything.

Good netplay would have put a dent in the casual level repeat market but still wouldn't have killed the arcade generating traffic. half the time I sit in next level wishing we had AE2012 on cab so we had a reason to keep the cabs because the cabs generated the random passerby interest. that shit is dead. thank god we have a old cab.

What about a console cabinet? An arcade in my town used to have Ae2012 on a cab before it went out of business.

It's weird they haven't actually given a solid release date yet....

Also Topanga world league, finally infiltration! Shame no Sako but his kids birth is more important and it's not like he has anything to prove in 2012. I look forward to seeing him in action in Ultra for the B League.

Also first runbacks for infil and xian against daigo, winning here with 15k up for grabs would pretty much erase those exhibition bouts. Bonchan wins this and he is legit in contention for best player of 2012....

a-cho youtube channel will hold us down.

I'm also disappointed that Sako couldn't make it. Birth of his kid definitely has more priority. But winning 15k would have helped them buy a lot of diapers, just sayin'. I'll be rooting for Daigo to take it. He doesn't have to worry about Sako's Ibuki this time around so looking at his competition I think he has a good chance at winning this one.

And I figure A-cho would come through for us. Can't wait to see the same 4 dudes go at it for 2-3 hours lol. It will still be fun to watch but I hope we get a lot more than that so we can see more character variety and the top players go at it.

What about a console cabinet? An arcade in my town used to have Ae2012 on a cab before it went out of business.

we made console cabs when we first got SF4 period. then we got the actual cab then we got the super/arcade update but not the ae2012 update dunno why. in either case most people preferred to play that game on console.

Westlo

I'm also disappointed that Sako couldn't make it. Birth of his kid definitely has more priority. But winning 15k would have helped them buy a lot of diapers, just sayin'. I'll be rooting for Daigo to take it. He doesn't have to worry about Sako's Ibuki this time around so looking at his competition I think he has a good chance at winning this one.

Daigo didn't have to worry about Sako's Ibuki in the final 6 of the last topanga league and he still went 2-3 including a loss to Bonchan who is in this. Also I really doubt Infiltration hasn't come up with a counter since TGS, while it was certainly impressive smashing him 10-2 he might've blown his load way too early. This is where 15k is on the line, this is where it's going to count just like @ Evo, just like @ 25th....

I like Infiltration over Wao, Xian, Bonchan, PR Rog.

Daigo is going to be 50/50 though Infiltration should win if he adapts to what Daigo did to him. Fuudo is another 50/50 and he lost to him 4-7 in the asian topanga league quailifers, and this lost meant he missed out on Capcom Cup....

If he can only use Akuma and Chun he's going to be in trouble against Xiao Hai's Cammy.

Daigo didn't have to worry about Sako's Ibuki in the final 6 of the last topanga league and he still went 2-3 including a loss to Bonchan who is in this. Also I really doubt Infiltration hasn't come up with a counter since TGS, while it was certainly impressive smashing him 10-2 he might've blown his load way too early. This is where 15k is on the line, this is where it's going to count just like @ Evo, just like @ 25th....

Him and Bonchan can go either way. Same goes for practically everybody else on that list. Nobody's really a favorite to win but I'm rooting for Daigo just because I'm a bigger fan of his than anybody else. These Topanga pay outs are pretty damn nice though. It will probably be the biggest pay out of the year for 1st place unless Capcom raises the stake for Capcom Cup and EVO raises the entry fee of USF4 to $20 per person.

As for Ultra, they said the arcade release will be April 17th. Hopefully arcade footage will roll out soon after that. Can't wait to check it out since we still have 2 months to go.

Westlo

Him and Bonchan can go either way. Same goes for practically everybody else on that list. Nobody's really a favorite to win but I'm rooting for Daigo just because I'm a bigger fan of his than anybody else. These Topanga pay outs are pretty damn nice though. It will probably be the biggest pay out of the year for 1st place unless Capcom raises the stake for Capcom Cup and EVO raises the entry fee of USF4 to $20 per person.

Bonchan got momentum on him, their 3 2012 topanga matchups...

7-10 2nd Topanga League
7-5 Asian Topanga League
(Daigo spanked him @ Evo inbetween these two IIRC)
7-4 3rd Topanga League

He really can't afford to lose to Daigo here, well that goes for both of them really... but Fuudo owns Bonchan, Akuma over Sagat, he didn't even choose sagat against xian in asian topanga league, and cammy is cammy, though he won asian topanga league matchup against xiao hai he lost the canada cup final

As for Ultra, they said the arcade release will be April 17th. Hopefully arcade footage will roll out soon after that. Can't wait to check it out since we still have 2 months to go.

hopefully final patch notes soon....

Threi

notag
Yeah didnt see any discussion on it either...

DeeJay's EX MGU buff seems to have a good bit of tradeoffs...the main change i see is that inv frames actually got reduced. This pretty much puts this reversal in the same issue it was before, where there is a gap between inv frames and the first startup frame. With dwu what this means is that deejay will still be free to low attacks, but it a lot harder to time (as opposed to lolfreepressure as it is right now)

I'm pretty disappointed that his heavy normals weren't really looked at (outside of dumb gimmicks for far fierce and more horizontal range on low fierce). Thats kinda where things really start falling apart for him normal-wise.

At least they fixed the startup on his low short...although i wonder if the recovery is the same, which would suck...

Threi

notag
I think it's still in there, just not mentioned.

That would be pretty cruel if otherwise though.

"hmm this seems too good, lets change it back to how it was"

dj_1.gif

"Perfect! Great job guys, now lets go buff decapre some more. Man we need a raise."

dj_1.gif

"Perfect! Great job guys, now lets go buff decapre some more. Man we need a raise."

Wasn't this AE?

xCobalt

dj_1.gif

It could be due to the fireball travelling during the start up frames but it looks like Dee Jay teleports after the ultra flash. If the ultra was supposed to connect at that range, that'd be really good.

Threi

notag
That gif is how the ultra currently is in ae2012...despite how it looks the range is actually pretty small (the initial hit has the same animation as lk sobat but the hitbox is much smaller)

Also i dont think its very fair to say that it hitting from that range would make u1 "too good"...considering there are a bunch of characters in this game that have ultras that would hit at that range. Keep in mind that this ultra doesn't juggle properly off anything (except super) and has startup so slow that it can't connect properly off focus crumple. It's usage right now is limited as it is.

TBH though i dont really care enough about u1 to be mad that capcom reverted that change; i had no intention of using it over u2 anyways. Any deejay that relies on that super>ultra gimmicky garbage is limiting themselves anyway. (Well using deejay in the first place is limiting yourself but that makes it even moreso)

LakeEarth

Also i dont think its very fair to say that it hitting from that range would make u1 "too good"...considering there are a bunch of characters in this game that have ultras that would hit at that range.

Just compare it to Abel's, which goes further, hits harder (I think), is comboable and best of all, does not need charge to activate. Other than the chip, U1's got nothing on some of the better "goes through fireballs" ultras.

Anti-fireball ultras are stupid

As someone who main's a fireball character, I agree to an extent. They're annoying as hell, but I think that aspect of this game should stay. What I don't like is how so many of them are literally full screen punishes.

I'd prefer all anti-fireball ultras to have less fireball invincibility so that you'll have to activate it while being half a screen away only instead of full screen which is really annoying. It's even worse when the character with the anti-fireball Ultra is also a fireball character and is free to chuck as many as they want at you(Chun Li, I'm looking at you here).

alstein

As someone who main's a fireball character, I agree to an extent. They're annoying as hell, but I think that aspect of this game should stay. What I don't like is how so many of them are literally full screen punishes.

I'd prefer all anti-fireball ultras to have less fireball invincibility so that you'll have to activate it while being half a screen away only instead of full screen which is really annoying. It's even worse when the character with the anti-fireball Ultra is also a fireball character and is free to chuck as many as they want at you(Chun Li, I'm looking at you here).

Chun has to charge for both, so she can't chuck then instantly super.

Dee Jay does need his Ultra I to be better, maybe increased range makes it linkable off something and they don't want that?

Chun has to charge for both, so she can't chuck then instantly super.

Dee Jay does need his Ultra I to be better, maybe increased range makes it linkable off something and they don't want that?
In some instances you can do; ExFireball into Ultra but it's really tricky timing and pretty much not worth it. If you could get it more often that'd be great.

Or if it juggles properly from exMGU
Or if it juggled properly from focus attack
Or if it juggled properly from super -> ultra from certain ranges
Or if it juggled properly in general

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer

Try playing the characters with said anti-fireball ultras. You'll get an appreciation of why they have them and the risks involved in attempting them.

Threi

notag
Anti-fireball ultras are stupid
Guile says "what the fuck is an anti-fireball ultra"
Anyways a 2xQCF full-screen anti-fireball ultra and one that requires both charge and a dash to be in range (i.e. Balrog) shouldn't really be looked at on even terms. That goes for a lot of charge vs non-charge moves actually.

Bison players bitching that his u2 got changed to charge was hilarious. If it was me id change that shit to a pretzel motion (in line with other charge chars). Show your asses the real struggle.

Marz

Guile says "what the fuck is an anti-fireball ultra"
Anyways a 2xQCF full-screen anti-fireball ultra and one that requires both charge and a dash to be in range (i.e. Balrog) shouldn't really be looked at on even terms. That goes for a lot of charge vs non-charge moves actually.

Bison players bitching that his u2 got changed to charge was hilarious. If it was me id change that shit to a pretzel motion (in line with other charge chars). Show your asses the real struggle.

Mainly talking about Cammy/Chun/Abel/Dudley. If a Balrog can focus dash ultra my fireball then props to him that's godlike, but fuck most of that shit. Especially with how easy it is to get around fireballs in this game, not to mention focus builds ultra easily.

Like the other day I ran into Jayce the Ace on ranked. I got his Cammy down to a pixel and I still had about half life left and he would not do shit for about 40 seconds but walk back and forth buffering ultra. The replay inputs were fucking hilarious. So stupid. And Cammy U1 does a billion damage to top it off.

K.Sabot

Finally broke down and modded my stick for B-linking, using the right 6 buttons and the back button on the left feels like learning the stick all over again.

because battop is the truth and i am jelly as fuck.

The extra control granted by battop
The sensitivity of the modern sticks.

too goddamn good.

Masamuna

I've been meaning to order a bat top for my sanwa. I really loved the feel of my crown.

Which Juri's do I need to watch out for? Thinking of taking a break of Makoto and I'm liking what they're doing to her in Ultra.

Kimosabae

Banned
Thinking of trying a bat top again - I think they just might suck for playing Viper. It's been years and I've gotten better on stick in general, so it might be timid to give it another shot. I 'm still not happy with my execution and spacing on arcade sticks. You are definitely more limited in how you can hold a bat top as opposed to a ball top though

*edit*

Where are people buying their bat tops nowadays? Lizardlick, still? Just googled the site and didn't like the results.

Masamuna

Most of my stick parts recently have been with focus attack. Ordered a bat top, oversized actuator and 2lb spring for 11 before shipping a few hours ago.

Thinking of trying a bat top again - I think they just might suck for playing Viper. It's been years and I've gotten better on stick in general, so it might be timid to give it another shot. I 'm still not happy with my execution and spacing on arcade sticks. You are definitely more limited in how you can hold a bat top as opposed to a ball top though

*edit*

Where are people buying their bat tops nowadays? Lizardlick, still? Just googled the site and didn't like the results.

http://focusattack.com/ is new hot site. I ordered a number of things off there and always get great service and fast shipping.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom