• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Street Fighter 4 Æ |OT5| Waiting to go from Super to Ultra

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shouta

I tested out the anti-air into U1 with T.hawk, I mentioned it a few pages back, last night at our local monthly and while it's not guaranteed there's a good chance of hitting it and even if you don't go for the U1, it's a really advantageous situation.

While you can DP and jump, if you aren't hitting it exactly on the frame when Hawk U1s, you're getting thrown. Human error adds a certain chance of getting it. It can also side-switch depending on where you hit the AA so further increasing the chances of landing the U1.or making them do something awkward.

If you go with the non-U1 choice, you can EX SPD instead or you can block the DP and punish. If they DP FADC forward, Do U1, lol. If they neutral jump, hit them with a DP or the mp again. Jump away, fierce DP to catch them. Fun times.

I think the most important part is that it simply forces opponents to stay on the ground if you're good at it which allows T.hawk to do more stuff he wants, especially with the changes coming in Ultra.

Kimosabae

Banned
Thnx i was just hoping to know the correct term for it so could do a proper search on the site.

*edit*

Ah, found it. It's simply called an "adapter"! How quaint!

alstein

I tested out the anti-air into U1 with T.hawk, I mentioned it a few pages back, last night at our local monthly and while it's not guaranteed there's a good chance of hitting it and even if you don't go for the U1, it's a really advantageous situation.

While you can DP and jump, if you aren't hitting it exactly on the frame when Hawk U1s, you're getting thrown. Human error adds a certain chance of getting it. It can also side-switch depending on where you hit the AA so further increasing the chances of landing the U1.or making them do something awkward.

If you go with the non-U1 choice, you can EX SPD instead or you can block the DP and punish. If they DP FADC forward, Do U1, lol. If they neutral jump, hit them with a DP or the mp again. Jump away, fierce DP to catch them. Fun times.

I think the most important part is that it simply forces opponents to stay on the ground if you're good at it which allows T.hawk to do more stuff he wants, especially with the changes coming in Ultra.

Is Hawk's EX SPD the only one that's 1f? Would jab SPD work?

(messing around with Hawk right now myself)

Shouta

Is Hawk's EX SPD the only one that's 1f? Would jab SPD work?

(messing around with Hawk right now myself)

Only U1 and Super are 1f on start-up and 0 afterwards. EX is 4 start-up with 2 active but is strike and projectilve invincible through frame 5.

Jab SPD doesn't work too slow to watch an additional jump. However, an EX would be fine if someone doesn't want to jump but instead hit a button after hitting the ground.

LakeEarth

Something silly I realized the other day about the trophies for AE:

Win 300 games on ranked = Gold trophy
Get to a C rank for all 39 characters, which requires 15-20 ranked wins each and therefore a total of > 600 wins = Silver Trophy

I don't think they thought that one through.

Something silly I realized the other day about the trophies for AE:

Win 300 games on ranked = Gold trophy
Get to a C rank for all 39 characters, which requires 15-20 ranked wins each and therefore a total of > 600 wins = Silver Trophy

I don't think they thought that one through.

Agreed. Woulda been nice if they put more effort in planning out trophies/rewards for fighting games.

Imm0rt4l

Gouken combos

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cH4TD6BYNao

We got hit confirms good.....good

birdman-o.gif

Westlo

So with the obvious technical message on screen doesn't DWU mean fuck all for Cammy except to increase her defense against most of the cast? Basically backthrow and if no technical proceed as normal, if technical go for empty jump and than either meaty (timing will be worked out) or just jump back over and GODMODE DIVEKICK crossup or sameside and if blocked you're @ +9 adv instead of +14 like now.

You're going to know while you're doing your whiff timing move if they are using DWU or not. And while other characters won't get much from it outside of a meaty I guess, Cammy can thanks to godmode divekick.

xCobalt

So with the obvious technical message on screen doesn't DWU mean fuck all for Cammy except to increase her defense against most of the cast? Basically backthrow and if no technical proceed as normal, if technical go for empty jump and than either meaty (timing will be worked out) or just jump back over and GODMODE DIVEKICK crossup or sameside and if blocked you're @ +9 adv instead of +14 like now.

You're going to know while you're doing your whiff timing move if they are using DWU or not. And while other characters won't get much from it outside of a meaty I guess, Cammy can thanks to godmode divekick.

I can't say for sure but by the time "Technical" appears, I'm thinking the opponent is already standing up. There's definitely not enough time to see the word, go for empty jump into meaty. DWU just adds 11 additional frames to the knockdown timing. Some charcters could probably do two fast normals and cover both regular wakeup and dwu. It would really depend on the frame data and the first normal would have to be meaty.

K.Sabot

I know makoto will be completely fine since she can safe jump the untechable knock down and throw out a st.mp that will be meaty after the 11 frames of delayed tech.

Westlo

I can't say for sure but by the time "Technical" appears, I'm thinking the opponent is already standing up. There's definitely not enough time to see the word, go for empty jump into meaty. DWU just adds 11 additional frames to the knockdown timing. Some charcters could probably do two fast normals and cover both regular wakeup and dwu. It would really depend on the frame data and the first normal would have to be meaty.

I was watching tokido akuma vs mago's oni, mago used DWU after sweep like 3 times in a row, all those times technical appeared while akuma was about to jump up immediately after recovering from sweep.

you have to dwu right as or before you hit the ground, i'll be surprised if it doesn't appear while cammy is whiffing a normal.

K.Sabot

I don't think I've ever been mad at this game because of the game itself, not even once in my life.

It's always something related to lag and the shitty nature of this game's online play.

I came to the realization the other day that since I switched to Makoto back in 2011, I've never played an offline game with another player as her. I've essentially never played my character to my full potential, nor will I be able to for the foreseeable future.

I don't think I can do this all over again for Ultra, which will no doubt host the same shitty online as the series has always had.

Here's hoping Crapcom will understand in the future that a decent connection from Tokyo to Osaka does not mean that your netcode is fine.

Damn I'm salt right now.

stn

I'm planning to stick to Rolento, he suits my playstyle perfectly. I'm hoping the character renews my interest in SF4, I think the scrubs will stop playing him once they realize how reliant he is on good spacing and fundamentals. And the fact that he has low damage.

stn

I've played a ton of Rolento in SFxT, he had low damage. Then I watched a bunch of USF4 replays recently, also low damage. He's the definition of a hit-and-run character who just chips away. U2 looks to be powerful but I'm assuming most people--myself included--will stick to U1 since its so easy to connect.

He's more Yang than he is Cody. Also, just by comparing him to SFxT Rolento I can tell you that the play-styles will be very similar. Just less boosting and more rekka chipping.

EDIT: I'm going to assume his most damaging punish will st. fp xx rekka xx FADC - st. fp xx rekka. Assuming you can actually FADC his rekka. But it seems to me like it'd be MUCH wiser to save meter for EX rekka into U1, or for his wake-up escape options. He has no wake-up options otherwise.

The way Infiltration played as Rolento against Combofiend's Hugo was exactly like that. A lot of hit and run, really annoying to deal with. It is Hugo though, but I get the feeling he'll have a similar game plan against most of the cast.

That st. MP might be a nice anti air against normal jump ins, but try that against dive kick characters and he'll get blown up all day. I do look forward to playing against him in USF4. I kind of consider it revenge since I got blown up by him a lot in SFxT for the brief time I played it. Never bothered to learn how to deal with him since I was done with the game in just a month. This time I'll make sure to learn the match up.

EDIT: Oops, meant to say st. MP. I assume it's far MP instead of close.

Marz

You guys wanna play some 360 AE this evening after people get off work?

Maybe we can get a big ass lobby going or something.

There was no point in not spamming that move in that matchup.
You're right; this will probably make the honda matchup just as bad. I think sim and guile are his worst matchups, I don't really fear chun or sagat. Dekappa is interesting to me, and hopefully she covers Hondas bad matchups, or at least can deal with them better

Bob White

I don't think I've ever been mad at this game because of the game itself, not even once in my life.

It's always something related to lag and the shitty nature of this game's online play.

I came to the realization the other day that since I switched to Makoto back in 2011, I've never played an offline game with another player as her. I've essentially never played my character to my full potential, nor will I be able to for the foreseeable future.

I don't think I can do this all over again for Ultra, which will no doubt host the same shitty online as the series has always had.

Here's hoping Crapcom will understand in the future that a decent connection from Tokyo to Osaka does not mean that your netcode is fine.

Damn I'm salt right now.

I don't post at all really but I wanted to say I feel your pain. Online SF4 is just not the same game as it is in person.

It's a shame SFXT was shit. The roll back netcode was actually pretty good compared to the input delay SF4 uses. All my hype for Ultra is always kept in check because the game still runs on capcom's shitty idea for good netcode from 2009.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom