• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Street Fighter 4 Æ |OT5| Waiting to go from Super to Ultra

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why did MS lock dat account?

PassAss, dat avatar.

When I got Xbox Live, I used my debit card and I think it was on automatic renewal but I'm not sure although I wasn't planning on renewing it. Before my Live membership expired, I got a new debit card so the old one was canceled of course. So when my year of Live ended and it tried renewing, it couldn't because my card had changed.

After that my ability to play online(even on PC) was locked and I can't play online with my old account until I update my payment options. I don't know if that means I have to pay up first but I decided to just create a new account instead of finding out whether that is true or not. I may renew it when Ultra comes out though. I'm definitely getting the PC version as well, but it's nice to have more people to play. Live is always well populated no matter what time of day unlike PS3 and PC in my experience.

Culinary

Hmm, maybe it was xbox instead. I use to play a lot on xbox. My main is Evil Ryu and my name was RiceEater483, now it's RiceEater828 because MS locked my account.

Any of that ring a bell?

I think so. Its been a long time since I played on Xbox. If you are on PC ever we should get some games in. I also still have an Xbox live sub so we can play on there too.

Why aren't you guys going to da beech. And for that yun matchup, I usually try to play patient (lol) as Ibuki and bait out bad divekicks, lunges, or dps and then just start from there. I don't want to be in the corner against yun since that means I didn't play the midrange well enough and I'm probably going to lose the round. So it's RTSD on dat ass most of the time :eek:. For better or worse anyways.

Robot Pants

I hate Guy with a PASSION. I really want him taken out of the game.
But I'm looking for a decent Guy player to practice with so I can learn the match up better.
Ranked matches every blue moon where I get blown up in 60 seconds isn't enough.
Thanks!

But I'm looking for a decent Guy player to practice with so I can learn the match up better.
Thanks!
Dat BotoxFreeAgent be your Guy

I'm considering picking up Ultra at some point in the future. The problem is I am not particularly good at fighting games and need to know the characters I can get the fundamentals down pat with the best (so Ryu, apparently Guile, etc).

Thanks.

Thanks!

Fun fact: The angriest I ever felt at a live tournament was against a scrubby Guy player. His entire gameplan was to runaway and then do run slide or run overhead. I kept guessing wrong and actually lost to this. I felt so angry that I switched back my old main, Ken, and started spamming step kick and kara throw. Their were several hilarious moments where he kept jumping back and I would chase him down by repeatedly step kicking. In the end I won and we didn't shake hands or exchange words.

I was still mad about it because I couldn't believe I could lose to such a simple strategy. But a little later after I cooled down and had more time to think about it I felt like a asshole for playing that way against him lol. He really didn't know any better, no need for me to try to embarass him.

xCobalt

I'm considering picking up Ultra at some point in the future. The problem is I am not particularly good at fighting games and need to know the characters I can get the fundamentals down pat with the best (so Ryu, apparently Guile, etc).

Thanks.

I'd recommend Bison. Ryu is easy to learn but I think starting off with him will develop bad habits. Also, consider using someone you like playing as. I tend to be more committed and willing to learn if I enjoy the character I'm playing.

Robot Pants

Fun fact: The angriest I ever felt at a live tournament was against a scrubby Guy player. His entire gameplan was to runaway and then do run slide or run overhead. I kept guessing wrong and actually lost to this. I felt so angry that I switched back my old main, Ken, and started spamming step kick and kara throw. Their were several hilarious moments where he kept jumping back and I would chase him down by repeatedly step kicking. In the end I won and we didn't shake hands or exchange words.

I was still mad about it because I couldn't believe I could lose to such a simple strategy. But a little later after I cooled down and had more time to think about it I felt like a asshole for playing that way against him lol. He really didn't know any better, no need for me to try to embarass him.

He better be nerfed a bit next time around. People complain about Seth, but Guy can mix up just as well if not better, can get away with way more, has health, etc. I saw the hitbox extend on the standing medium punch. I'm cool with that change, but they better bring him down in other places. And fix his damn hurtbox. I've said this before in the older OTs, but I think he is secret top tier.

OceanBlue

I played against someone like that in ranked. All he did was do run overhead, and once I started blocking that he tried to be tricky by mixing it up with run slide. I won in the end because his mixup pattern was really easy to figure out and I play Ryu so I punish everything with at least 1/4 of your life, but lag was not my best friend in that match. :V

Real Guy players are terrifying though. I have no idea how to deal with his pressure.

I'd recommend Bison. Ryu is easy to learn but I think starting off with him will develop bad habits. Also, consider using someone you like playing as. I tend to be more committed and willing to learn if I enjoy the character I'm playing.

What bad habits do you think Ryu players develop? I'm not disputing your post (I have a lot of bad habits myself), but I want to see if I'm thinking the same thing as you.

Threi

notag
nah what guy has is pretty reasonable (although i question his 3f low short buff; it upped his derp factor quite a bit). He is definitely not OP nor needs to be nerfed at all.

But, he definitely is ANNOYING AS HELL.

maybe i just havent come across a good GUY player like you guys have, but all of his moves are punishable and telegraphed a mile away for me. The overhead is too slow and i can block it most of the time.

in fact i think i've lost to only one GUY in my entire ae pc run :s

OceanBlue

Whose up for some games on PC? Also, do you guys use any kind of voicechat when you play?

I'll play if you want someone to beat up on! :D
GWFL ID: KokiaColor. No voice chat though. I don't have a mic.

maybe i just havent come across a good GUY player like you guys have, but all of his moves are punishable and telegraphed a mile away for me. The overhead is too slow and i can block it most of the time.

in fact i think i've lost to only one GUY in my entire ae pc run :s

Nah, I just suck.

Marz

Why not just block low and react to the overhead kick?

Im a D player at best. Yet every ranked game I play, regardless of choosing same skill or not I get mollywhopped by some B/B+ player. Crazy frustrating.

dont be discouraged brosef. this aint a race. remember this is a game, and you can only get as much enjoyment as you dedicate to it.

One strategy that a lot of the top players here recommend is to record your losses and study what you did wrong and how to change it. and avoid Black_Vegeta. His Sagat eats newbies. Bones and all.

xCobalt

What bad habits do you think Ryu players develop? I'm not disputing your post (I have a lot of bad habits myself), but I want to see if I'm thinking the same thing as you.

It mostly revolves around his dp. A well timed shoryuken will be able anti air most of the things in the game. Wake up dp or random dps in the middle of a combo will also work a lot in low level play. If the Ryu player has two bars to spare, he can cancel it to continue the combo or keep himself safe. With such a good move, I don't think beginners will develop good blocking skills or learn to use all of their normals. Just some stuff I noticed from people and my own personal experiences.

BizzyBum

It mostly revolves around his dp. A well timed shoryuken will be able anti air most of the things in the game. Wake up dp or random dps in the middle of a combo will also work a lot in low level play. If the Ryu player has two bars to spare, he can cancel it to continue the combo or keep himself safe. With such a good move, I don't think beginners will develop good blocking skills or learn to use all of their normals. Just some stuff I noticed from people and my own personal experiences.

I hope you think of my Ryu more highly then that! =P

Thinking of picking up Adon, terrible idea or no?

Any very basic tips for him?

Learn how to ia jaguar kick to mix up with his ground ones. Also learn his dp fadc into ultra 2. Also practice his combos and doing ground jaguar kicks since he actually takes some execution.

edit: Also watch the differences in gamerbee's and jwong's style. Gamerbee rushes down w/ adon while justin plays a footsie heavy adon.

Robot Pants

nah what guy has is pretty reasonable (although i question his 3f low short buff; it upped his derp factor quite a bit). He is definitely not OP nor needs to be nerfed at all.

But, he definitely is ANNOYING AS HELL.

Oh come on. He can use a damage nerf on the Bushin Flip at the very least.

xCobalt

GG's Cobalt gonna head off for food. Really thought that last Seth teleport would get you haha...

ggs. I'm surprised our matches were relatively stable even though you're from Ireland. Just a little tip; stop doing random ex moves from full screen. Learn to apply pressure when you're up close rather than jumping backwards and waiting. Keep it up!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom