• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Street Fighter 4 Arcade Edition |OT4| Daigo Who?

Timedog

good credit (by proxy)
How come they haven't fixed Zangief's ability to do an SPD while still in the air since Vanilla? Hopefully in the FOURTH update of the goddamn game they fix this bullshit.

Satyamdas

Banned
Kadey said:
I get it now.

Art is Saty and Renta is Adnan. LOL.
smh.gif

Lost Fragment

Obsessed with 4chan
Timedog said:
How come they haven't fixed Zangief's ability to do an SPD while still in the air since Vanilla? Hopefully in the FOURTH update of the goddamn game they fix this bullshit.

Air SPDs? Wut.

edit: Just whooped Takin' Flight's ass. He should upload that shit.

Timedog

good credit (by proxy)
The animation for his jump is such that he's several frames away from landing when he has "on the ground" ability and can SPD. It goes into the mini-cutscene for the SPD before he lands. The CPU Zangief does it all the time. It's so awful. I don't know how no one else complains about it.

There's tons of wonky animation (like Ryu's sweep looking like it's recovered like 5 frames before it actually is) but air SPD takes the cake.

Lost Fragment

Obsessed with 4chan
Oh, that. You can do the same thing with focus attacks, so it's not something exclusive to Gief. It's just more noticeable with him because SPDs are like the fastest moves in the game.

It's a weird quirk but it doesn't have any meaningful impact on the game so I doubt they'll mess with it.

Timedog

good credit (by proxy)
Lost Fragment said:
Oh, that. You can do the same thing with focus attacks, so it's not something exclusive to Gief. It's just more noticeable with him because SPDs are like the fastest moves in the game.

It's a weird quirk but it doesn't have any meaningful impact on the game so I doubt they'll mess with it.

It's meaningful when I'm trying to do a last second poke or backdash and I get SPD'ed. It's also meaningful when I don't hit somebody as their landing because the "landing frames" are actually in the air. Or Ken does a dragon punch which apparently is supposed to have a bunch of landing frames but I get hit with a follow-up DP right as he lands and I'm trying to attack, because most of those landing frames were in the air.

I could re-time what I'm doing slightly but the frame of reference is harder. It's simply bad game design, IMO.

TGMIII

Timedog said:
It's meaningful when I'm trying to do a last second poke or backdash and I get SPD'ed. It's also meaningful when I don't hit somebody as their landing because the "landing frames" are actually in the air. Or Ken does a dragon punch which apparently is supposed to have a bunch of landing frames but I get hit with a follow-up DP right as he lands and I'm trying to attack, because most of those landing frames were in the air.

I could re-time what I'm doing slightly but the frame of reference is harder. It's simply bad game design, IMO.

Trip-guard is what this is, you'll see it a lot with akuma/chun with their sweeps.

SmokeMaxX

Threi said:
great post. Everyone has a limit, some are much lower than others. Its best just to accept it for what it is.
Disagree. That gives lazy people an excuse. If you try as hard as you can and you fail, that's one thing, but most people don't try as hard as they can. Then they blame their failure on "lack of innate ability."

Timedog

good credit (by proxy)
I trolled Yeb in ranked and he invited me to an endless battle and then double perfected me with mysterious Gen bullshit.

Gen's normals are so ridiculous. They are fast, pretty much all of them beat anything that Ryu has, they lead into huge combos. The worst part isn't the hitboxes, but the vulnerable boxes. Gen is not vulnerable. There were plenty of times when I'd read a poke (well, he'd kind of just poke constantly cause he wasn't getting punished), do a perfectly timed jump in, with my medium mk landing right on top of him or slightly behind him as he's in his move animation, and he wouldn't get hit and then he's immediately be comboing me.

I have no clue how to fight characters that can easily anti-air my jump ins and have good-priority long-reaching normals. This includes Vega and Dhalsim and Gen.

Threi

notag
SmokeMaxX said:
Disagree. That gives lazy people an excuse. If you try as hard as you can and you fail, that's one thing, but most people don't try as hard as they can. Then they blame their failure on "lack of innate ability."
No i don't agree with that, at least not with fighting games. People have a hard time accepting that they are inferior, and usually use scapegoats like "lag", "matchups", "inputs", etc.

eissan

Threi said:
No i don't agree with that, at least not with fighting games. People have a hard time accepting that they are inferior, and usually use scapegoats like "lag", "matchups", "inputs", etc.

fucken sim roo matchup is broken...just like the yun sim matchup! that excuse is always gonna make me feel better playin against saty :D.

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
Timedog said:
Because he's not Kira.

Threi said:

I agree with this as well. In competitive things with rules, there are limits. I put fighting games in that. Sports especially I apply this as well. (I played high school sports. I worked my ass off. I just wasn't good enough).

Timedog

good credit (by proxy)
ThatCrazyGuy said:
I agree with this as well. In competitive things with rules, there are limits. I put fighting games in that. Sports especially I apply this as well. (I played high school sports. I worked my ass off. I just wasn't good enough).

It's not just competitive things with rules, its pretty much anything you can imagine. Different people are better at different things. It's genetics.

Imm0rt4l

_dementia said:
AH is undeniably solid.

But holy shit @ that aesthetic :(
yea it looks horrible, doesn't help that I hate this whole moe movement :mad:

I really do want to try it though, see what all the hypes about.

Timedog

good credit (by proxy)
anyone (XBL) half decent at Yun wanna help me practice for Ranbats?

I'm online right now in training mode, create a player match and invite me.

GT: TimedogGAF

Satyamdas

Banned
USD said:
This article has to be troll or a parody of the asinine means by which a lot of "studies" are conducted.

examiner.com said:
When the students were finished playing, they were told that they were taking place in a food tasting study and were made to choose a cup of hot sauce for a taster who disliked spicy food. The subjects were able to select from four different sauces for the taster, each grew gradually spicier than the previous.

The scientists discovered that there was no difference in the intensity and amount of hot sauces chosen by the players who played Conan and the subjects who played Fuel.

Adachi concluded that violent video games were not the sole cause of aggressive behavior.

So they play for 12 minutes (lol), then are told to taste spicy sauces and choose one for a taster who dislikes spicy food. Selecting a spicy sauce for a person who dislikes spicy food is considered to be "aggressive behavior". Since the subjects basically chose the same sauces regardless of the game they played, the researchers concluded that the violent games were not the sole cause of aggressive behavior. You have got to be shitting me.

examiner.com said:
Adachi’s second experiment had a different group of 60 college students, 32 males and 28 females, engage in one of four games - Mortal Kombat vs. DC Universe, which was considered both violent and competitive, L4D2, which was considered violent and moderately competitive, Marble Blast Ultra, a game that wasn’t violent or competitive, and Fuel, the same racing game from the first study.

The subjects’ heart rates were measured before and after the study. Afterward, they were asked to engage in the same hot sauce study test. Students who played the competitive games Fuel and MK vs. DC Universe chose a much hotter sauce than those who played L4D2 and Marble Blast Ultra. Their heart rates were also much higher.

“These findings suggest that the level of competitiveness in video games is an important factor in the relation between video games and aggressive behavior, with highly competitive games leading to greater elevations in aggression than less competitive games,” said Adachi.

wpGnC.jpg

Problem, science?

Also, LOL at Art being pictured and named but not quoted or mentioned in the article.

Top Bottom