• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Street Fighter 4 Arcade Edition |OT4| Daigo Who?

Satyamdas

Banned
bPod said:
^can anyone join?
Yeah, but you have to bring the chick in your avatar.

1Rl1J.png

Wait a minute, is that Anne Hathaway? If so, droolingHomer.jpg x2. =3

Satyamdas

Banned
Well then Mr. Selfish, that means you can't come join Kadey's stream lobby! And I'm a mod there so I could totally kick you out if you tried to show up sans Hathaway. Yeah you read that right, I'm a mod for the SSF4:AE lobby. I got it like that.

Seriously though, you are welcome to join. More Gaffers, the merrier! ^_^

XenoRaven

Satyamdas said:
Well then Mr. Selfish, that means you can't come join Kadey's stream lobby! And I'm a mod there so I could totally kick you out if you tried to show up sans Hathaway. Yeah you read that right, I'm a mod for the SSF4:AE lobby. I got it like that.

Seriously though, you are welcome to join. More Gaffers, the merrier! ^_^
Except you don't play in the lobby. :(

Satyamdas

Banned
bPod said:
^ cool. let me know when and what system

...on a serious note, would you share? honestly?
Usually starts around 9-10pm Pacific. Kadey usually posts here when she starts one. Lasts for many hours. System: Tree Sitty.

And would I share dat Hathaway?

LFx2s.jpg

I'm not the type to handcuff a broad, but I damn sure am not about to offer up a god tier honey like that, either! :mad:

If you happen to find yourself driving a Bugatti Veyron, would you let just any old shmuck who came along and wanted to drive it get in and put miles on it? Hell no! Some things you gotta take exquisite care of, son!

XenoRaven said:
Except you don't play in the lobby. :(
That's just because my modding duties keep me so busy. I'll have you know I take my post very seriously. No time for playing a game as shitty as Ass Edition when there are trolls who need to be banned and timed out clogging up Kadey's stream chat. :mad:

cackhyena

bPod said:
^ cool. let me know when and what system

...on a serious note, would you share? honestly?
It's mostly xbox. Check here for kadey to post she's running a lobby and just hit 3 round search. You'll find her. Unlike fucking 3S Online.

El Sloth

Banned
Satyamdas said:
That's just because my modding duties keep me so busy. I'll have you know I take my post very seriously. No time for playing a game as shitty as Ass Edition when there are trolls who need to be banned and timed out clogging up Kadey's stream chat. :mad:
Dem vexcuses.

Satyamdas

Banned
Imm0rt4l said:
Hathaway is a lovely girl, but God Tier? Really Saty? Really?
You said recently in this thread "I would fuck the shit out of [Emma Watson]", so I can understand you not being able to appreciate a grown woman like Hathaway. When you graduate from boyish looking girls to feminine women, maybe you'll get what makes her God tier. Or maybe your taste is just shitty and you never will. *shrug*

:p

Where are you from, bPod?

Imm0rt4l

Satyamdas said:
You said recently in this thread "I would fuck the shit out of [Emma Watson]", so I can understand you not being able to appreciate a grown woman like Hathaway. When you graduate from boyish looking girls to feminine women, maybe you'll get what makes her God tier. Or maybe your taste is just shitty and you never will. *shrug*

:p

Where are you from, bPod?
I stand by that statement too :mad:, and the same would go for Ms. Hathaway, but lets be real my dude. I've seen/been with badder broads walking around campus. Come on son, God Tier? B+ tier, maybe.

no sharp knees, I'd hit it like a malevolent God

Timedog

good credit (by proxy)
Yo for reals, someone that has even cursory knowledge of Yun come play my Ryu. Pretty please?

XBL GT: TimedogGAF

Satyamdas

Banned
bPod said:
Toronto, Canada eh haha

Connection maybe a problem
I wouldn't sweat it.

Imm0rt4l said:
I stand by that statement too :mad:, and the same would go for Ms. Hathaway, but lets be real my dude. I've seen/been with badder broads walking around campus. Come on son, God Tier? B+ tier, maybe.

no sharp knees, I'd hit it like a malevolent God
Of course there are "badder" broads than Ms. Hathaway. But God Tier indicates something more than mere physical beauty. It requires an ethereal grace, a sophisticated air, a refined quality not found in any old random broad walking around in booty shorts and a low cut top. The fact I have to explain this to you signifies to me that you simply lack the ability to appreciate the qualities that make up the God Tier woman, and that is why you are happy lusting after boyish adolescents like Emma.

More power to you but your grading system is mad suspect, son.

tigerin

Timedog said:
Biosnake is trying to be an ass right here, and reciting thread memes instead of giving a new player helpful advice.

comboing into sweep isn't something you should be worried about right now because the timing is so strict. You have 16.7 thousandths of a second to hit the sweep button when trying to end a combo with sweep. If you hit the button after this tiny range of time passes you'll likely get punished hard. There are much more productive things you can be focusing on at this point.

okay boss, what's next?

and thanks biosnake, i'll keep that in mind.

Imm0rt4l

Satyamdas said:
I wouldn't sweat it.

Of course there are "badder" broads than Ms. Hathaway. But God Tier indicates something more than mere physical beauty. It requires an ethereal grace, a sophisticated air, a refined quality not found in any old random broad walking around in booty shorts and a low cut top. The fact I have to explain this to you signifies to me that you simply lack the ability to appreciate the qualities that make up the God Tier woman, and that is why you are happy lusting after boyish adolescents like Emma.

More power to you but your grading system is mad suspect, son.

Damn bro, I respect a lot of your opinions but this sounds like some simp shit :(.....I thought you were better than that, agree to disagree.

Also suspect is choosing ellen page over emma watson o_o

Lost Fragment

Obsessed with 4chan
SmokeMaxX said:
Disagree. That gives lazy people an excuse. If you try as hard as you can and you fail, that's one thing, but most people don't try as hard as they can. Then they blame their failure on "lack of innate ability."

I think there's truth in both statements but sometimes it's hard to tell how much of it is which because of bias and because there are so many variables in play.

Satyamdas

Banned
Imm0rt4l said:
Damn bro, I respect a lot of your opinions but this sounds like some simp shit :(.....I thought you were better than that, agree to disagree.
Nothing simp about appreciating classy women, son. Hot broads are always nice, but God Tier is reserved for qualities that go beyond mere aesthetics.

Imm0rt4l said:
Also suspect is choosing ellen page over emma watson o_o
Why would you even say this to me? Is your memory as bad as your taste in broads?

<vex> and ellen page makes me swoon
<Imm0rt4l> elen page was pretty crazy in hardcandy
<Saty> ellen page is like half a notch above emma watson
<Saty> you [censored] kill me with this shit
<Bob_Coffee> ellen page has bigger tities than watson i think.
<Saty> yeah but they both have ugly grills
<Imm0rt4l> I don't think so
<Saty> neither of them look like women
<Imm0rt4l> ellen sure as hell doesn't
<Saty> definitely not a woman worth swooning over

Timedog

good credit (by proxy)
tigerin said:
okay boss, what's next?
Combos used in this tutorial:
cr.lk, cr.lp, cr.mp xx fireball
cr.lk, cr.lp, cr.hp xx hk hurricane kick

Now it's time for you to learn to "hit confirm". There is a reason why I made you practice those two specific combos, it is because they set up a nice decision tree for hit confirming with Ryu. Hit confirming is when you figure out if the opponent is blocking within the first few hits you throw out of an attempted combo, then depending on if the hits land or if they're blocked, you go into a safe blockstring or a powerful combo.

Blockstring = a combo that is blocked by the opponent the entire time, but you finish the combo anyway in order to build up super meter and to keep pressure on the opponent.

Hit Confirm Practice Setup: Go into training mode, set the dummy to to "random block". Usually you'd use "autoblock" if you're just practicing combos, but for hitconfirming we need random block. Choose the black colored ryu outfit (if you're using his original, and not a DLC outfit) because after you get this down you're going to be a fucking badass and you want to look the part. This is the most important step, actually.

Hit Confirming: Both of the combos I showed you start out with lk, lp. Why would I include such meager attacks into supposedly "good" combos when you could be using much more powerful attacks? It is because the only real function these hits have is to test the opponent to see if they are blocking before going into more powerful hits.

With the dummy on random, do the first two hits (lk then lp). If the dummy blocks the first lk attack, then after lp go into mp xx fireball. You want to do this combo if the opponent blocks because it's mostly safe. There are a few characters in a few situations that can punish you in-between the mp and fireball, but 95% of the time you will not get punished using this blockstring.

If the dummy gets hit by the first lk, then after the following lp go into cr.hp xx whirly whirl sky kick. This combo does significantly more damage than the other combo, but "on block" (if the opponent blocks) it is very easily punishable. You could end up eating a damaging combo, a super, or an ultra. Because the risk is so great, for this type of combo you NEED to make sure it's going to land. That's what the first lk is for. The following lp is there to give you a little bit of time to react to whether or not the first lk hit, and then make a decision as to whether or not to end in a fireball (safe on block) or hurricane kick (damaging but unsafe on block).

Eureka! Now you know how to hit confirm effectively, now you just need to practice the shit out of it. You should do a solid couple of hours of practice hit confirming in training mode whenever you have the time, then after that practice it for a little bit as part of your routine whenever you hit up training mode (which is hopefully a decent amount of time since you're new and you're soon going to be a fucking Ryu monster).

Note #1: ALWAYS start out the hit confirm with lk. You might be wondering, "why can't I just do lp, lp--hitting one button twice is easier than hitting two buttons?". The reason is because lk can only be blocked low while lp can be blocked ANY way. Sometimes you'll catch the opponent blocking high and hit them with the lk, whereas if you were using lp, they would have blocked the entire combo.

Note #2: You may have noticed that sometimes, depending on your positioning, your cr.hp whiffs completely in the hurricane kick combo. Hits nothing but air. Over time you will learn the positioning, and when the cr.hp will whiff. When you know it's going to whiff, you can substitute cr.mp, which is slightly less powerful, but has longer horizontal reach. Don't worry too much about this yet, right now you need to get the concept of hit confirming put into practice without worrying about substituting moves (which will become somewhat important later). I'll have a section on advanced block strings later.

Go, my young world warrior. Face the challenges that await.

Axis

Satyamdas said:
Nothing simp about appreciating classy women, son. Hot broads are always nice, but God Tier is reserved for qualities that go beyond mere aesthetics.

Why would you even say this to me? Is your memory as bad as your taste in broads?

<vex> and ellen page makes me swoon
<Imm0rt4l> elen page was pretty crazy in hardcandy
<Saty> ellen page is like half a notch above emma watson
<Saty> you [censored] kill me with this shit
<Bob_Coffee> ellen page has bigger tities than watson i think.
<Saty> yeah but they both have ugly grills
<Imm0rt4l> I don't think so
<Saty> neither of them look like women
<Imm0rt4l> ellen sure as hell doesn't
<Saty> definitely not a woman worth swooning over

ellen page>>>>>>>>>>emma watson

by a goddamned mile

Axis

zlatko said:
071204_ellen_page.jpg

WTF is hot about that mug and body?

brittany-snow-maxim-april-2011.jpg

^ Brittany Snow. That's a hot woman.

did you not see the part about ellen page>>>>>>>>>emma watson???

ellen-page-inception.jpg

in a heartbeat

and yes, brittany snow's alright but she ain't THAT nice...there's much better

zlatko

Banned
Axis said:
did you not see the part about ellen page>>>>>>>>>emma watson???

ellen-page-inception.jpg

in a heartbeat

and yes, brittany snow's alright but she ain't THAT nice...there's much better

Both Emma and Ellen look like they are still going through puberty. I mean if 14 year old girls are your thing then go for it man.

Axis

zlatko said:
Both Emma and Ellen look like they are still going through puberty. I mean if 14 year old girls are your thing then go for it man.

emma's...ugly. i stand by that. ellen page is at least average...that's the basis for comparison here; i'm not saying the bitch is ScarJo or something

Timedog

good credit (by proxy)
I think I hate Harry Potter Girl's mouth, but maybe it's cause I dated a girl with a mouth like that.

I also dated a girl with Page's eyebrows and forehead.

Page wins.

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
dragonballjoseph said:
Can this actress talk go elsewhere? Ish has no place in the official thread.
Didn't you know? This thread is now about Saty's lovelorn affections and misunderstood yearning for Timedog.

Satyamdas

Banned
Hitokage said:
Didn't you know? This thread is now about Saty's lovelorn affections and misunderstood yearning for Timedog.
It is *killing me* to resist posting just one picture of Hathaway that puts those little boyish looking broads to shame and settle this thing once and for all. But alas Vexco won't be having any of that and I've already derailed the thread enough with my off-topic shenanigans. I do hope the Based Mods can forgive my transgressions. :*(

Axis

Satyamdas said:
It is *killing me* to resist posting just one picture of Hathaway that puts those little boyish looking broads to shame and settle this thing once and for all. But alas Vexco won't be having any of that and I've already derailed the thread enough with my off-topic shenanigans. I do hope the Based Mods can forgive my transgressions. :*(

i'm all for some anne hathaway, my dude. have at it <3

also, hito, if you're at final round next year i hope to get a chance to play you instead of just talking it up for a while hah

Top Bottom