• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Street Fighter 4 Arcade Edition |OT4| Daigo Who?

Satyamdas

Banned
Professor Beef said:
Paging Saty...paging Saty...
I can't blame Iyo for not handicapping himself severely with Dhalsim. And as much as I hate Ibuki, Iyo manages to make her entertaining for me to watch. Great players have that ability to make a shitty character enjoyable to me. I loathe Juri's design and hate the character, but WeirdoNeo makes me forget about that and I enjoy his matches. GamerBee does the same with Adon, and Kai with Fuerte.

As for Latif, he would have met the exact same fate as the guys who went over there. Japan has a shit ton of Vipers that are on a whole other stratosphere from Latif, and he would have gotten blown up all the same. Meh.

Kaako

Felium Defensor
biosnake20 said:
where are you guys watching it? Did you pay for the nico stream?
There was a channel before intermission which was streaming the matches. Now it's private/password protected. :/

Infinite Justice said:
I would be salty as hell but i just can't see that money going completely to waste :(
Missed this earlier. If I had spent all that money with the intent of entering a tournament, only to be shown the door, then I would consider the trip already completely wasted. Knowing myself, I would either want to go back home immediately, or barring that possibility, stay in bed until I have to leave.

Fraeon

So AoE Online updated itself and as a result, no GFW Live game wants to log in.

"The LIVE service is not available. Try again later. For current status of the LIVE service, visit the following Microsoft website"

Tried DMZing my computer, apparently that isn't the problem. Reinstalling GFW Live, gonna see if that was the issue.

EDIT: Nope.avi

Satyamdas

Banned
Professor Beef said:
Missed this earlier. If I had spent all that money with the intent of entering a tournament, only to be shown the door, then I would consider the trip already completely wasted. Knowing myself, I would either want to go back home immediately, or barring that possibility, stay in bed until I have to leave.
DQWPt.jpg

I'm mostly kidding, of course, but doesn't that reaction strike you as a bit petulant and whiny for a grown man? Sure, getting fucked like that is a /major/ fucking bummer, but why would you throw a tantrum and deny yourself a great opportunity to experience another country and culture? You gonna pout and fly all the way home with your arms crossed and a big ole frownie face on your mug? C'mon, son.

Satyamdas said:
As for Latif, he would have met the exact same fate as the guys who went over there. Japan has a shit ton of Vipers that are on a whole other stratosphere from Latif, and he would have gotten blown up all the same. Meh.

Nah, he's better. He hung with japan's best and placed higher than all of them in EVO except for Fuudo. That feat stands out more especially in a double elim tourney where results are more consistent. Put Latif against any 5 players of your choice, and I put money on him doing better against those 5 than any japanese viper.

Satyamdas

Banned
FindMyFarms said:
Nah, he's better. He hung with japan's best and placed higher than all of them in EVO except for Fuudo. That feat stands out more especially in a double elim tourney where results are more consistent. Put Latif against any 5 players of your choice, and I put money on him doing better against those 5 than any japanese viper.
I'd have no problem putting my money on Dashio, Dath, Uryo, or Tonpy doing better than Latif against any of the same opponents. For free. They don't spam EX Seismo out of panic when they are under pressure like he does, they make better reads than he does, and they don't play as reckless as he does. Latif gets away with just mashing EX Seismo on defense under pressure and rushing brainlessly on offense because the level of competition over here is a lot lower. Japanese Vipers cut their teeth against a whole other level of competition, and their better fundamentals and defense make them better than him by far.

Dunno how the fuck I forgot to mention Kyabetsu. That dude is like Latif x10000000000000.

USD

Oh well, I guess not being able to pay for SBO was a good thing, because my internet was just down for 10 hours. Thanks Comcast.

Looks like I missed a lot of drama.

gutabo

Lost Fragment said:
People picking good characters for tournaments. Scandalous.
It should all be decided in a Karate Champ game, first point wins!

Also, I think they should reconsider the PPV format too. That tourney format isn't really hype friendly.

gutabo

Satyamdas said:
GUTYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY <3

Man I have to admit my ignorance regarding AE Honda. I know no one likes losing damage, and I know losing jab headbutt anti-air hurt, and specifically vs. Sim not being able to go through fireballs really hurts in that match up, but I don't know that any of this makes him a terrible character in AE. I know he has a lot of matches he struggles with, a lot of even ones and a few in his favor, but if I had to rank him I'd say he is maybe upper-mid tier? I really don't know. What do you think of him?
Sorry for the delayed answer! I think Mike Ross said it better: they nerfed Honda too much and made him boring. He's a tank and he should have problems to get in but once in he should be making up for all the health lost in the approaching process and for starters they made it harder to do that with the damage nerfs(one example: his MP HHS does more damage than his HP HHS). I couldn't even get salty at it(and his many other subtle nerfs) because I didn't buy the game(for other reasons that you mostly know: real life)so I haven't really played his AE incarnation and I found out many interesting stuff about him (with a friend's help using his AE copy, more details here) so I can't really say much about it either. I guess when I get the game(soon) we'll have some sets and we'll decide which one got the worst part of the nerfs. I still despise the whole divekick mechanic but I'll deal with it the best I can.

Saty <3

(Ninja edit: I hope you forgive my sins but I've been thinking about Viper as a secondary)

simtmb

Decent SBO. I found BB and ST as having the hypest matches of the event.

AE was a huge let down. Jokingly handled, felt robbed given the matches that weren't streamed but were played out on the big projector. All we got was the staff on camera for like 20mins during it, while you hear all sorts of cheering and hype happening offscreen.

Aquapazza was good to watch, however the Melty player Go1 pretty much ran through it xD

Overall, ok stuff i guess. Can't say 1500yen was exactly worth it though.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
They have some guys talking on stage eating cheeseburgers for like 20 mins. Next thing you know, they started playing music. And one of the guys looks like a slash wannabe.

The room looks pretty cool though with that 3d effect going on around people seated.

USD

Lost Fragment said:
So apparently, Justin Wong has a twin sister.

JDtYe.jpg

I have the weirdest boner right now.
*shrug* I don't really see it? Kinda, I guess.

She's cute, who is that anyway?

Top Bottom