• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Street Fighter 4 Arcade Edition |OT4| Daigo Who?

kitzkozan

USD said:
Having watched the match now, it went like I expected, but both played very well.

The round where Poongko was down 7-5 and had Yun with about 5% of life left and dizzied was dumb as fuck. :( He just had to hit him with his st. fierce punch or something and he did 2 empty air uppercut+ a command grab from way too far. It was the dumbest mistake I have seen from a top player this year imo since he eventually lost the round and set. But then, this is what I expected from these 2 at EVO to begin with. Daigo would win simply because he's the best player, but Poongko would take a round/set here and there because of those setups and that execution.

USD said:
On that note, why are the AE characters getting another costume set? Are they going to give the Super characters (who only have three costumes) a set too so that everyone has four?
Whoa, that's news to me.

kitzkozan said:
The round where Poongko was down 7-5 and had Yun with about 5% of life left and dizzied was dumb as fuck. :( He just had to hit him with his st. fierce punch or something and he did 2 empty air uppercut+ a command grab from way too far. It was the dumbest mistake I have seen from a top player this year imo since he eventually lost the round and set. But then, this is what I expected from these 2 at EVO to begin with. Daigo would win simply because he's the best player, but Poongko would take a round/set here and there because of those setups and that execution.

Yeah that was one of those epic face palm moments. I was like "really, you lost because you wanted to build a tiny bit of meter?". With Yun's ability to combine his Super and Ultra, he can do 60+% damage, combined with Seth's very low health and that can put him right back in the game instantly and that's exactly what happened.

But that was a great set by Poongko and Daigo nonetheless. It seemed like whoever had the momentum won the round as when one of them got there offense started, the other couldn't do anything about it.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey

DjangoReinhardt

Thinks he should have been the one to kill Batman's parents.
Daigo made some smart adjustments - fewer wake-up DPs, more safe target combo pressure - to Seth and Poongko. Good example of why placement in a single tournament only tells you so much about a player.

Edgeward

Good set by Daigo, went less risky while in comparison Poongko took more and Poongko ended up on the wrong side of the gamble more often than not.

Corky

Nine out of ten orphans can't tell the difference.
uNFNl.jpg

Context + Translation please >_>

Rentahamster

Rodent Whores
Kadey said:
We've been playing for forever. At least they were. And I was beyond messed up. It took me nearly 6 hours to eat 12 pieces of sushi.
Hee hee, yeah I figured you guys must have been on for a while. I had just gotten home from a party and decided to play a few before I passed out in a drunken stupor since the game was already on (roommate was playing).

Corky

Nine out of ten orphans can't tell the difference.
USD said:
"Please take a picture of me," basically. Where is the pic from?

I think it's from his facebook, a mate of mine linked it to me on steam.

Conceited

mechaniphiliac
USD said:
http://i.imgur.com/pOLSP.jpg[IMG]

[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/Ltz7v.jpg[IMG]
[/QUOTE]

[IMG]http://a8.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc7/s720x720/304930_10100571481892509_814107_59578942_67299984_n.jpg

oh god what is going on with kayos legs

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
I guess it's up to him. I don't think he'll take it easy on most of them. A lot of people playing against him aren't actually nobodies.

Stream is live but god is the quality crap. Low framerate and terrible image quality.

Edit: Looks like it's actually starting now.

El Sloth

Banned
Rentahamster said:
Good lord, I ain't watching that Taito stream. It's ass.
That's giving it too much credit. Even assy streams at least show direct footage from the game. This is on whole other level of shittiness.

Lost Fragment

Obsessed with 4chan
801 Strider talking about his trip to Japan so far:

Sorry I haven't been posting much, but there are like absolutely NO wireless hotspots here. I thought there would be a lot more, so my only options to connect to the internet is to either go to a random internet caffe or starbucks/McD's.

As for the 5v5, it was alright.....wayyyyy too crowded, there was barely any room to move, let alone breathe. Speaking of breathing, it gets harder when everyone in there is smoking. Besides that, it was hell hype, Nekojita is amazing. He reverse OCV'd the Taiwanese team, beating Hsien Chang as well.

I played Nekojita a couple matches, I think he ended up beating me 4-2. The dude is sick, his matchup knowledge is incredible, his Yomi is also beyond godlike. The way he plays against Yun/Yang is also inspiring...he armor cancels every dive kick and uses close hp to CH normals off a bad dive kick perfectly. He still gets blown up a lot though, which just shows how terrible those matches are.

Also, to people saying Yang isn't that good...please.. He is the cheapest motherfucker in the game, hands down. I played against Nemo/AQUA some sets, and the shit they were doing was just plain unfair. They know unblockables on most of the cast, which are easily set up with a throw in the corner or a U2. Its GG once they get the unblockable though, since it takes off around 40% and leaves you in a very fucked up 50/50. Yang's mixup is 10x scarier than Yun's, since Yun's is pretty simple, either he does something, or not. But not Yang... he has at least 4 options all the time, and they all lead to scary damage and back to another mixup.

I have realized how far behind America is on like 80% of the cast. There are some characters that we can compare in skill (like Rufus, Honda, Sim, Abel, Bison, Boxer...etc), but there are others where we are no where near the level they are playing them, mainly Blanka, Gen, the Trinity, Sakura, Makoto, Sagat, Akuma, Adon, CHUN LI!! (Y24 just exposed every single American Chun...free). Actually, they are far ahead in pretty much most of the cast, we hella need to catch up, especially our Blanka/Trinity's.

I leave on the 25th, so I'm gonna be grinding it out lvl'ing up this whole time, I'll do a long-ass post when I get back.

http://shoryuken.com/forum/index.php?threads/ask-801-strider.144940/page-3

cackhyena

Lost Fragment said:
801 Strider talking about his trip to Japan so far:
I believe that. When I ran into good Yangs online, they felt like the trickier types to overcome by far. If he had an actual decent crosssup dive kick, he'd be a fucking terror. He's still a terror. That would just be icing.

gutabo

Daigo just destroyed a Dictator by using Ryu and perfecting him the first round. The less he uses Yun, the better. At least the powerpoint presentation won't be as boring.

What's "the trinity"?

gutabo said:
Daigo just destroyed a Dictator by using Ryu and perfecting him the first round. The less he uses Yun, the better. At least the powerpoint presentation won't be as boring.

What's "the trinity"?

yun/yang/fei

Timedog

good credit (by proxy)
America will never in a million years be better than Japan. Japanese players just play the game. Constantly. American players sit around and lazily smoke weed and jack off about hype and drama and a bunch of bullshit and most of the time when they play it's not competitive at all.

We get shit like Justin Wong bragging about how he never practices and he's pretty much the top player. We get guys complaining more than they play. We get people caring more about the quality of they or their friends' stream quality than how well they do in tournament, and not giving a flying fuck how well they do in casuals.

America will be free forever. Prove me wrong.

Top Bottom