• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Street Fighter 4 Arcade Edition |OT4| Daigo Who?

Conceited said:
So has anyone actually gone through the torture of paying attention to the kumite stream? Has Daigo lost?

He lost to iPeru's Elf, that's it.

I don't even this is the real Kumite going on right now. I remember seeing they were going to have a hour worth of casuals. I maybe wrong

Timedog

good credit (by proxy)
I just saw a guy walk by Daigo wearing green crocs. That's the type of dedication Blanka players have to their character in Japan.

Lost Fragment

Obsessed with 4chan
Timedog said:
America will never in a million years be better than Japan. Japanese players just play the game. Constantly. American players sit around and lazily smoke weed and jack off about hype and drama and a bunch of bullshit and most of the time when they play it's not competitive at all.

We get shit like Justin Wong bragging about how he never practices and he's pretty much the top player. We get guys complaining more than they play. We get people caring more about the quality of they or their friends' stream quality than how well they do in tournament, and not giving a flying fuck how well they do in casuals.

America will be free forever. Prove me wrong.

America will be free until arcades die out in Japan. Then we'll all be free.

LProtag

It's really the arcade scene. If there was a strong arcade scene around me I could see myself practicing a hell of a lot more than I normally do. The sad thing is there's no real arcade scene in the US.

GunbladeV

Banned
Playing some ryus, i agree with timedog on making ryus sweep look like it hasnt recovered. I swear half the time i jump over a sweep i shock myself that it hits because he looks like he is just crouching there for 5 seconds.

Yun up kicks are so retarded. The HK one is like a teleport, but even better. It's like a attacking teleport. The LK version has radar, fucker always knows where you are and auto-corrects in your direction. And even on block, you have very little time to punish before he's safe.

Timedog

good credit (by proxy)
GunbladeV said:
Playing some ryus, i agree with timedog on making ryus sweep look like it hasnt recovered. I swear half the time i jump over a sweep i shock myself that it hits because he looks like he is just crouching there for 5 seconds.

Just another instance of bad game design stemming from animations issues that should be incredibly easy to fix. There's a lot of them in this game, yet no one ever complains.

What likely happens is that Capcom finishes animation, then balances the game and makes changes to the timing of stuff.

cackhyena said:
I believe that. When I ran into good Yangs online, they felt like the trickier types to overcome by far. If he had an actual decent crosssup dive kick, he'd be a fucking terror. He's still a terror. That would just be icing.

His felt easier to cross up with than Yun... Guess that explains why he got nerfed so much.

Rice-Eater said:
Yun up kicks are so retarded. The HK one is like a teleport, but even better. It's like a attacking teleport. The LK version has radar, fucker always knows where you are and auto-corrects in your direction. And even on block, you have very little time to punish before he's safe.

Get outta my head, Charles!

Timedog

good credit (by proxy)
I do want to see Daigo use Ken. That shit would be hype as fuck. He would michael dudes with some SUPER solid Ken play. Haven't really seen that to the extent that we should have been seeing it by now, I think. He would michael dudes. A top 3 japanese SF player Ken is what I want for my next birthday.

Corky

Nine out of ten orphans can't tell the difference.
Poongko wasn't even trying yo...

Here's what I'd like : Daigo picks up e.ryu. Discuss.

Corky said:
Poongko wasn't even trying yo...

Here's what I'd like : Daigo picks up e.ryu. Discuss.

Daigo wins EVO 2012 using the mix ups that he discovered while viewing my Youtube page. He then credits me as the biggest reason why he won EVO.

Corky

Timedog said:
E. Ryu is more boring than normal Ryu.

8IIp9.gif

Timedog

good credit (by proxy)
Corky said:
Once you get past the initial wow factor of "omg 14 hit combo that uses tons of meter and all special moves" that looks exactly the same every time it's used, opened up using the same strategy, it starts getting boring.

Normal Ryu as a character can be approached in a myriad of ways.

Corky

Timedog said:
Once you get past the initial wow factor of "omg 14 hit combo that uses tons of meter and all special moves" that looks exactly the same every time it's used, opened up using the same strategy, it starts getting boring.

Normal Ryu as a character can be approached in a myriad of ways.

The way I see it is that e.ryu has bloody great/damaging combos that uses no meter, I mean sure you can do those ridiculous combos but outside of just fooling around I never see the point doing that regardless of character.

Timedog

good credit (by proxy)
Corky said:
The way I see it is that e.ryu has bloody great/damaging combos that uses no meter, I mean sure you can do those ridiculous combos but outside of just fooling around I never see the point doing that regardless of character.

But IMO, I don't think doing a lot of damage necessarily makes a character exciting or not.

Corky

Timedog said:
But IMO, I don't think doing a lot of damage necessarily makes a character exciting or not.

oh by all means, if it were up to me I'd pour gasoline on thawk and light that shit up.

explodet

I really want to enjoy you, SSFIVAE. I really do.
But if you insist on continuing to match me up with players that have more than 2K PP while I sit here with my miniscule 500 PP, we're going to need to have a frank discussion about our continuing relationship.

El Sloth

Banned
explodet said:
I really want to enjoy you, SSFIVAE. I really do.
But if you insist on continuing to match me up with players that have more than 2K PP while I sit here with my miniscule 500 PP, we're going to need to have a frank discussion about our continuing relationship.
?

Custom -> Same skill or less skill -> enjoy SSIVAE

explodet

El Sloth said:
?

Custom -> Same skill or less skill -> enjoy SSIVAE
Yeah, my settings are already on Same Skill. It just happens that SSFIVAE likes to think that one of the top 50 ranked Makotos on PSN is at equal skill to some C-rank shmoe who likes to play Hakan.

Top Bottom