• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Street Fighter 4 Arcade Edition |OT4| Daigo Who?

Timedog said:
Once you get past the initial wow factor of "omg 14 hit combo that uses tons of meter and all special moves" that looks exactly the same every time it's used, opened up using the same strategy, it starts getting boring.

Normal Ryu as a character can be approached in a myriad of ways.

I agree.. E.ryu is just a gimp version of akuma.

Ryu is still the better Ryu.

this is spoonnsxr BTW...

Corky

Nine out of ten orphans can't tell the difference.
shinshoryuken said:
I agree.. E.ryu is just a gimp version of akuma.

Ryu is still the better Ryu.

this is spoonnsxr BTW...

But he's getting buffs in 2k12, BUFFS!!

LakeEarth

I watched the Daigo(Yun) vs Gannoon(Sakura) match for some tips on the matchup. What have I learned? Have no way to get any offense going, save for one lucky focus. Then lose. Sounds great.

Kioshen

cackhyena said:
Nice. Wonder why they moved the controls to the right at the top like that. I'll try and make it for tonight. If it's not to late.

Yeah of all the places they could have put it somewhere else why not put it where you are most likely to accidentaly press it.

XenoRaven

Kioshen said:
Yeah of all the places they could have put it somewhere else why not put it where you are most likely to accidentaly press it.
If you accidentally press those buttons you may need to talk to a doctor. Don't operate a motor vehicle until you do.

h3ro

XenoRaven said:
If you accidentally press those buttons you may need to talk to a doctor. Don't operate a motor vehicle until you do.

Wasn't Poongko hitting Select during matches as part of combos? I remember during seeing something like that during his marathon session in Vegas prior to Evo.

Hopefully the lock-out switch deactivates all the Guide buttons.

Corky said:
But he's getting buffs in 2k12, BUFFS!!

In the current AE, I do think Ryu is a little better then Evil Ryu. But once AE 2K12 hits, Evil Ryu will be slightly better instead. Although he didn't receive anything too drastic, he is still one of the most buffed characters and all these little buffs will add up in the end and IMO push him towards a high mid tier character.

He already has some decent mix up potential. Problem is that nobody knows about it because nobody plays him. Even the top Evil Ryu players I come across still don't even know about the set ups that I've been doing since week 1 since AE's release. Here is a example of what I'm talking about.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yZZhaj_gf3w

If a good player with good execution were attempting these mix ups, they could stun any character in the game within about 2 combos because they would be able to do the axe kick combo that I can't do.

Rice-Eater said:
In the current AE, I do think Ryu is a little better then Evil Ryu. But once AE 2K12 hits, Evil Ryu will be slightly better instead. Although he didn't receive anything too drastic, he is still one of the most buffed characters and all these little buffs will add up in the end and IMO push him towards a high mid tier character.

He already has some decent mix up potential. Problem is that nobody knows about it because nobody plays him. Even the top Evil Ryu players I come across still don't even know about the set ups that I've been doing since week 1 since AE's release. Here is a example of what I'm talking about.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yZZhaj_gf3w

If a good player with good execution were attempting these mix ups, they could stun any character in the game within about 2 combos because they would be able to do the axe kick combo that I can't do.

I remember playing you some time back. Dem dive kicks. Still not used to that shit haha

h3ro said:
Wasn't Poongko hitting Select during matches as part of combos? I remember during seeing something like that during his marathon session in Vegas prior to Evo.

Hopefully the lock-out switch deactivates all the Guide buttons.
It helped him plink, iirc.

the_log_ride said:
I remember playing you some time back. Dem dive kicks. Still not used to that shit haha

Yeah, I decided to play some games on PSN and was hosting. I think you joined a rank room I set up. I was thinking to myself "if I can get in just once, he's not going to know what's coming".

Oh and about earlier when you quoted me, did what I say about Yun's HK upkick being like a attacking teleport a thought you already had in your own head?

USD

Noriega said:
I know what gif gootecks is talking about but where can I see it lol
SJ2vA.gif

Kioshen

XenoRaven said:

I know I won't and I play on the cramped SE model. Some people are mad active on a stick and I just don't get why they put it even more closer to the regular buttons.

El Sloth

Banned
explodet said:
Yeah, my settings are already on Same Skill. It just happens that SSFIVAE likes to think that one of the top 50 ranked Makotos on PSN is at equal skill to some C-rank shmoe who likes to play Hakan.
Well there's your problem! Seriously though, it might just be that when you're on there aren't enough people with similar enough points on so they match you up with someone who has a bit more. Or maybe he just had as much PP as you did and you didn't notice? He could be top 50 in BP with one character, but because he was experimenting with other characters he has low PP.

Oichi

I'm like a Hadouken, down-right Fierce!
They were giving this out as swag at the Tokyo Game Show for SF X Tekken... a friend picked one up for me, although I'm wary about actually flaunting it. :X

m_201109161521424e72eaf6a88f2.jpeg

More Evil Roo buffs prease. Really looking forward to a 5 frame low forward and HK axe kick being a true overhead. Just waiting for you guys to confirm it.

Imm0rt4l

Conceited said:
Moar fei nerfs plz.
you know something theirs this fei long that I play that I find incredibly annoying, wakeup reversal 80% of the time and if its a wakeup chickenwing, I can't do anything,incredibly annoying.

Satyamdas

Banned
Imm0rt4l said:
you know something there's this fei long that I play that I find incredibly annoying, wakeup reversal 80% of the time and if its a wakeup chickenwing, I can't do anything,incredibly annoying.
DMhLk.jpg

We'll learn you this shit if I have to correct it 1,000 more times. ^_^

:p

Top Bottom