• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Street Fighter 4 Arcade Edition |OT4| Daigo Who?

Satyamdas

Banned
gutabo said:
Hey Saty you didn't read my answer to your question here!
Nah Guty I read it. It's just that I've been spending all this time looking for the perfect .gif to express my total disgust at you for even thinking of picking up Wiper, even as a secondary. So far I haven't seen anything that really captures my rage and disappointment.

But seriously as far as Honda goes I think you and Mike are overreacting to Honda's damage nerfs a little bit. I mean he did FUCK TONS of damage in Super and now he only does SHIT TONS in AE. He still demolishes when he gets in.

Honda lost 20 dmg on each Oicho throw, 10 dmg on jab/strong Headbutt and 20 on fierce/EX Headbutt. He lost 5 dmg per hit on fierce HHS but gained 10 dmg per hit on strong HHS. His single biggest nerf was to far standing fierce, which lost 40 dmg. Still does full damage up close. For comparison Sim had his Super nerfed by 50 damage and his EX Flame lost 60 damage, not to mention every normal getting nerfed. Makes it real hard for me to have any pity for Honda's damage nerfs.

Like I said before, no one likes losing damage, but Honda didn't even get hit as hard as an already weak character like Sim. Honda still fucks people's shit up. Seems to me that the LP Headbutt as an anti-air nerf would be a bigger deal than his damage nerfs. Even though Honda doesn't go through Yoga Fires any more and that benefits me, I feel like that should have stayed the same from Super. But my anti airs are *still* getting beat by Honda's godlike j.MP. They didn't nerf that nearly enough. :mad:

Hopefully real life gives you a break soon and you can pick up AE soon and play again with us, it's been too long my friend.

<3 Guty <3

USD

Tougeki's apology for the bracket controversy:
Super Street Fighter IV Arcade Edition
Tougeki 2011 Championship Tournament zero-round match

Due to an error on the part of Tougeki, an unintended Super Street Fighter IV Arcade Edition tournament zero-round match was held between TWFIGHTER (Hsien/Banana Ken) (USA) and WHITE TOWER Q8 (GANNOON/NOX2) (Kuwait). The loser of this match was thereby unable to participate in the main tournament.

We would like to express our sincerest apologies to the player unable to participate in the tournament.

Tougeki is extremely regretful for any disappointment and distress felt by TWFIGHTER and his organizer Emotiongear of Planet Zero as a result of our error.

All the staff at Tougeki will do all we can to ensure that such an unfortunate mistake does not occur again.

Thank you for your patience and understanding.

SmokeMaxX

Thanks everyone for tuning into ARK IV! I know the internet was ass-tier, but we were blind-sided by the insanely slow connection on tournament day. When we tested it, it was 4-5x faster than it showed this weekend.

Results and Shoutouts for our tournament may be found here:

http://shoryuken.com/forum/index.ph...-18-11-feat-marn-and-eg-jwong-results.146150/
or here:
http://www.arfgn.com

Be sure to keep in mind our bonus offer! It's open to ANYONE and EVERYONE regardless of whether you tuned into the stream or came to the tournament or even just slept at home.

BONUS OFFER
If you visit The Traveling Circus's site (http://thetravelingcircus.net/) and comment at one of the above links with your favorite shirt style (i.e. PHX - White) then for one lucky winner, we'll BUY YOU THAT SHIRT and ship it to you FREE OF CHARGE. Throw in how much you like The Traveling Circus for bonus points :D. This is open to EVERYONE so even if you didn't show up to the event, you may still win a shirt from The Traveling Circus on us! Find out if you're a winner via our Twitter @ARKTourney! The winner will be announced one week from today.

Oh and if you didn't tune in, you missed out on a guy from Arkansas sending EG Justin Wong to Loser's and making him counterpick two-three times.

Congrats to you SmokeMaxX for putting together another successful event. Just out of curiosity, you ever have bigger ambitions for the ARK series? I mean as in eventually having it become a full blown Major that will be up there with the likes of Final Round, NorCal Regionals, or Season's Beatings?

SmokeMaxX

Rice-Eater said:
Congrats to you SmokeMaxX for putting together another successful event. Just out of curiosity, you ever have bigger ambitions for the ARK series? I mean as in eventually having it become a full blown Major that will be up there with the likes of Final Round, NorCal Regionals, or Season's Beatings?
Thank you sir. Honestly, I do. Our size isn't from lack of trying. The other players in my region will attest to the amount of work that I do for our tournament. If you live within 10 hours of the venue, I've probably posted in your thread on SRK, Smashboards, TYM, Dustloop, or Tekken Zaibatsu trying to get you to come to our tournament haha. I'm always hounding sponsors and game companies trying to get great things to happen in Arkansas.

One thing that most major tournaments have that we don't have is money though haha. If we had money we could fly in international players, all the best US players, photographers like Kara, etc. Unfortunately we're pretty much grassroots "by the community, for the community." This isn't inherently bad, but it means that pretty much all of the decisions that we make are to best benefit the players instead of ourselves. We charge less than pretty much every Major AND we buy you pretty much unlimited pizza and drinks? We bought 100 pizzas at ARK IV for like 160 players this go around. Great for the players, but hard for us to get money for the next tournament haha. It also means that it's harder to expand.

That being said, I'd love to reach Final Round status but ShinBlanka's been doing that since like the beginning of time so it'd be hard to reach FR's level of prestige in the South. As for Season's Beatings... that's an interesting comparison. I'm 100% convinced that we can be the next Season's Beatings if we keep improving. What makes SB great? It's a nice midway point between East and West coasts. Guess what? Arkansas is pretty much the same thing PLUS we're more accessible to both Texas and Florida. The main thing that stands in our way is capital which would allow us to get more high level players in (which would attract other players to come and raise stream viewer count).

Thanks for asking though! Oh and make sure to leave a comment on our site or on SRK about what your favorite TTC shirt style is to possibly win yourself a free shirt :) No risk, barely any hassle, and as of right now, you have a 33% of winning yourself a free TTC shirt!

Thanks Smoke for the very thorough answer. Google Maps tells me it will be a 11 hour and 30 minute drive to reach Jacksonville, AR from where I live. Believe me, I'd love to come but I just can't bring myself to do it. I hate road trips in general and just the thought of being on the road for 10+ hours is painful. I could fly, but that's where the talk of a Major comes in.

Most average players will generally only go long distances to attend a tournament if it promises to be a multi day event that will attract top players and a lot of people overall. Can't say I'm any different. Since getting there and back will require me to invest quite a bit of my time and money, I'd only do it if it were "Major" status. Sorry if that sounds like I'm taking a jab at your event, I'm not. I wish you guys the best and hopefully ARK 10 or something will be one of those events that everybody around the country has marked on there calender.

LOL, Gustavo lost to a high PP Hakan player.

And damn, he's only 20? He didn't look that young to me. Not that old either, but I thought 23-25 instead.

USD

Haha, someone mentioned in the chat that 801 is secret Japanese code for "yaoi."

From Wikipedia:
Wikipedia said:
Another term for yaoi is 801. "801" can be read as "yaoi" in the following form: the "short" reading of the number 8 is "ya", 0 can be read as "o" – a western influence, while the short reading for 1 is "i" (see Japanese wordplay). For example, an Internet manga called Tonari no 801-chan, about a male otaku who dates a fujoshi, has been adapted into a serialized sh&#333;jo manga and a live-action film. 801-chan, the mascot of a Japanese shopping centre, is used in the manga.

I'm guessing the "801" is for a Utah area code though, haha.

Geesh, is the average 3k(give or take) PP Japanese player that good? Gustavo is losing quite a bit. I also see Mago and Tokido lose quite a bit in there online adventures.

USD

Rice-Eater said:
Geesh, is the average 3k(give or take) PP Japanese player that good? Gustavo is losing quite a bit. I also see Mago and Tokido lose quite a bit in there online adventures.
That's why Mike Ross said that the net play is superior in Japan. It's not just the superior connection, it's the better field of players.

USD said:
So Gustavo is going to NSB 30 on Friday, and he's going to switch back to Abel for Ver.2012.
VBmA4.gif

Timedog

good credit (by proxy)
So this show...???

Is the format -- watch a good player play randoms, then fubarduck talks in English like maybe once every couple minutes, and if the guest talks, you can barely hear them cause they don't have a mic?

USD

Oh, so it was the real Shiro, but his buttons were set wrong.
Timedog said:
So this show...???

Is the format -- watch a good player play randoms, then fubarduck talks in English like maybe once every couple minutes???
For the past two episodes, it's mostly the guests playing online. Usually, it's more of a Q&A thing.

Timedog

good credit (by proxy)
Like me, Fubar likes ultra I w/Ibuki cause you can just n00b that shit out whenever, most of the time going unpunished.

cHaotix8

Imm0rt4l said:
a throw range I think is the least of her worries, especially with her walking speed.

I think it would be one of the few buffs she actually needs. She has a below average throw range so her frame traps aren't as scary as a good portion of the cast, given characters with the same, or even faster walk speed have better throw range than her and a good portion of them have kara throws as well.

5 frame low forward for evil Ryu would be mad broken. That shit's like a dhalsim limb that you can combo off of.

Timedog said:
Like me, Fubar likes ultra I w/Ibuki cause you can just n00b that shit out whenever, most of the time going unpunished.

U1 with Ibuki is awesome because you can grab them, chip them out with the big fireball or just do some reasonable damage if the opportunity arises. When it's used somewhat intelligently you're far less open after its use than missed or guarded U2.

USD

801 Strider (Makoto) vs. Shiro (Makoto): 2-10
Fubarduck (Yun, Seth, Ibuki) vs. Shiro (Makoto): 1-5
801 Strider (Abel) vs. Uryo (Sakura): 3-10

Land of the free.

Corky

Nine out of ten orphans can't tell the difference.
damn, plinking has stepped up my execution game like mad. I'm actually consistently hitting 1F links in offline games with my friend. It's like a whole new world has opened up for me :eek:...

My favorite links are the ones where IF you miss your mp, the lp might still save your ass. Like seths hk -> c.mp~c.lp or ryus axekick -> c.mp~c.lp

Owensboro

Corky said:
damn, plinking has stepped up my execution game like mad. I'm actually consistently hitting 1F links in offline games with my friend. It's like a whole new world has opened up for me :eek:...

My favorite links are the ones where IF you miss your mp, the lp might still save your ass. Like seths hk -> c.mp~c.lp or ryus axekick -> c.mp~c.lp

I really need to learn how to plink.

Is there a good tutorial page and/or video about a good way to practice it? I'd love to know any character with an easy plink chain to practice to get the motion down, and just learn how to do it in general.

Timedog

good credit (by proxy)
Corky said:

HOLY SHIT I DID NOT THINK ABOUT THIS WITH PLINKING. How long ago did you learn it and how long did it take?

Also, when you learn new combos is it harder to practice at first cause you have to think about how insert plinks, or do you just automatically plink everything now, and plinking feels just like a normal button press used to feel?

LakeEarth

Owensboro said:

Is there a good tutorial page and/or video about a good way to practice it? I'd love to know any character with an easy plink chain to practice to get the motion down, and just learn how to do it in general.
Go into training mode and turn on inputs. Hit two buttons at almost the exact same time. Say fierce and medium punch. If you do it right, you should see this.

m+f
f

My advice is to take your main, and find an important combo where plinking would help. For me, it was Abel's step kick into fierce. Keep doing it, and you'll find yourself doing it more and more for other combos, for that button especially.

V_Arnold

GG's, Rocky!

I started out strong, but old bad habits came back.
Using a TE stick finally, so I practiced the motions.

Anyways, your rubber-Balrog style is insane, I did not know how to kill it.
When I footsie well, it works, but that is really hard to do :(

Gg. Time to reinstall StarCraft 2 :D

Corky

Nine out of ten orphans can't tell the difference.
Owensboro said:

I just sat down one day recently and tried to get a feel for it in training mode, instead of trying and inevitably failing combos over and over again I just turned on button inputs in training mode and pressed for example mp~lp until I got the correct plink unput of :

mp+lp
mp

I think evil ryu is great to practice with, do his mk axekick - c.mp combo , it's short and easy to repeat and a fun combo to do in general.

Timedog said:
HOLY SHIT I DID NOT THINK ABOUT THIS WITH PLINKING. How long ago did you learn it and how long did it take?

Also, when you learn new combos is it harder to practice at first cause you have to think about how insert plinks, or do you just automatically plink everything now, and plinking feels just like a normal button press used to feel?

I only started trying ( I'm on a pad so I always thought it was useless ) to plink a couple of weeks ago, doesn't really take that long to learn what takes long is to ingrain it in your muscle memory to do it when you do other combos or links. Now I try to plink everything that's worth plinking, for example I think even though ryus c.mp c.mp is a 2F link I find it easier to nail when plinking.

V_Arnold said:
GG's, Rocky!

I started out strong, but old bad habits came back.
Using a TE stick finally, so I practiced the motions.

Anyways, your rubber-Balrog style is insane, I did not know how to kill it.
When I footsie well, it works, but that is really hard to do :(

Gg. Time to reinstall StarCraft 2 :D

GGs! At first I got caught in those dash electricity things when I was trying to FA. I would have probably lost many more matches if you'd have connected all those ultras.

SmokeMaxX said:
Thanks everyone for tuning into ARK IV! I know the internet was ass-tier, but we were blind-sided by the insanely slow connection on tournament day. When we tested it, it was 4-5x faster than it showed this weekend.

Results and Shoutouts for our tournament may be found here:

http://shoryuken.com/forum/index.ph...-18-11-feat-marn-and-eg-jwong-results.146150/
or here:
http://www.arfgn.com

Be sure to keep in mind our bonus offer! It's open to ANYONE and EVERYONE regardless of whether you tuned into the stream or came to the tournament or even just slept at home.

BONUS OFFER
If you visit The Traveling Circus's site (http://thetravelingcircus.net/) and comment at one of the above links with your favorite shirt style (i.e. PHX - White) then for one lucky winner, we'll BUY YOU THAT SHIRT and ship it to you FREE OF CHARGE. Throw in how much you like The Traveling Circus for bonus points :D. This is open to EVERYONE so even if you didn't show up to the event, you may still win a shirt from The Traveling Circus on us! Find out if you're a winner via our Twitter @ARKTourney! The winner will be announced one week from today.

Oh and if you didn't tune in, you missed out on a guy from Arkansas sending EG Justin Wong to Loser's and making him counterpick two-three times.

Wow at Justin sweeping most of it LOL.

Congrats Maxx at the tourney support.

USD said:
801 Strider (Makoto) vs. Shiro (Makoto): 2-10
Fubarduck (Yun, Seth, Ibuki) vs. Shiro (Makoto): 1-5
801 Strider (Abel) vs. Uryo (Sakura): 3-10

Land of the free.

DAMN!

Top Bottom