• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Street Fighter 4 Arcade Edition |OT4| Daigo Who?

USD

DHALSIM
-far st.LP does 1F more hit stun, +2 on hit
-st.LP → EX Yoga Flame combos
-Yoga Blast has 10F less recovery on LK/MK, 5F less on HK

BALROG
Dirty Bull (UC2) shortcut command is easier to do

VEGA
-Bloody High Claw (UC1) has increased juggle limit; can combo from Cosmic Heel, for example
-EX Sky High Claw has lower extended hitbox, making it easier to land all hits

SAGAT
-cr.MP has backward extended hitbox , won't whiff on certain crouching characters

M.BISON
-st.HK does from 80 to 90 when the tip hits

C.VIPER
-Air Burning Kick from 100 damage to 90

h3ro

Full list of changes, courtesy of the Capcom Unity Blog

Ryu
[Hadouken]: Damage has been increased from 60->70. Chip damage remains the same at 15.
[H. Shoryuken]: Changed to be a 1 hit move, from the previous 2 hits. Start up is 3F. A deep hit (from active 1F to 2F) deals 160 damage, a shallow hit (from active 3F and up) deals 60 damage. First 4F from startup are invincible. Also [H.Shoryuken] cannot be EX Focus Canceled anymore, regardless of hit or block, so the risk and reward has been increased.

Ken
[cr.HK]: Startup changed from 7F->8F. So [far LP] -> [far MP] -> [cr.HK] combo string will no longer work.
[far HK]: Startup changed from 12F->11F, recovery from 21F->18F. On hit it now gives +1F, and on block -3F.
[Thunder Kick] (f+HK): Entire frame length of the feint version shortened from 27F->24F.

Chun-li
[EX Hyakuretsukyaku]: Distance the move covers until hit detection has been increased. Tough combos should be easier to connect with now.
[close HP]: Causes additional 1F guard stun on opponent. Push back distance from a hit has been decreased by about half. So [close HP] -> [H. Spinning Bird Kick] combo is now possible (290 damage, 400 stun).
[H. Spinning Bird Kick]: Damage and stun adjusted to 200.
[Tenkukyaku] (MK during Kintekishu): Hit box enlarged downwards so it is easier to hit crouching opponents.

E-Honda
[H. Hundred Hand Slap]: Hit box towards the end has been increased, allowing for easier full combo hits off a [cr.LP].
[EX Oicho Throw]: Stun damage increased from 100->150.
[Orochi Breaker]: Command has been simplified so it will be easier to use from now on.

Blanka
[EX Vertical Roll]: Now causes knockdown on hit. However on block, Blanka will now land even closer to the opponent so the risk is greater.

Zangief
[far HP]: Deals knockdown damage on hit.

Guile
[Flash Kick]: Deep hit now deals an additional +10 damage across the board: light 110, medium 130, heavy 140 damage.
[Sonic Hurricane]: Damage distribution has been changed from the existing 150+15*4+90 to 90+30*4+90. Total damage has not changed, but [Flash Kick] -> [Sonic Hurricane] combo now does an additional 50 damage or so.
[Reverse Spin Kick]: Causes additional 1F of hit stun, leading to a total of +5F on hit.

Dhalsim
[LP]: Causes additional 1F of hit stun, leading to a total of +2F on hit. So [LP] -> [EX Yoga Flame] combo now works.
[Yoga Blast]: On hit, light and medium version recovery has been reduced by 10F, heavy version recovery has been reduced by 5F.

Balrog
[Dirty Bull]: Command has been simplified so it will be easier to use from now on.

Vega
[Bloody High Claw]: Hit properties have been adjusted. For example, the Ultra will now combo properly after a [Cosmic Heel] (df+HK).
[EX Sky High Claw]: Hit box has been enlarged downwards, making it easier to connect the whole thing.

Sagat
[cr.MP]: Hit box has been enlarged towards Sagat’s base, fixing a problem that caused it to whiff against certain crouching opponents.

M.Bison
[HK]: Damage from a shallow hit increased from 80->90.

C.Viper
[Air Burning Kick]: Damage reduced from 100->90.

Rufus
[Big Bang Typhoon]: Adjusted move properties so that opponents won’t drop out early after an air hit.
[Target Combo]: Hit box of the 2nd hit has been enlarged downwards, making it easier to hit crouching opponents.
[EX Galactic Tornado]: Opponents who are hit by the suction part of the move now gain an additional 7F of stun. It will consume a lot of meter, but by performing an [EX Focus Cancel] afterwards, Rufus will now be at a maximum +8F. This will allow for new combo opportunities.

El Fuerte
[EX Guacamole Leg Throw]: El Fuerte’s stun after landing has been reduced by 3F, making it 10F total.

Abel
[Breathless]: Removed throw invincibility from the lunge to hit detection period. It still has throw invincibility from startup to lunge period.

Seth
[Shoryuken]: Excluding the EX version, when the 2nd hit is blocked, opponent guard stun has been reduced by 2F. Seth is now -3F when doing [Shoryuken (2nd hit blocked)] -> [EX Focus Cancel] -> [Forward Dash].

Akuma
No additional changes since the “SSFIV AE Ver.2012 Alpha” location test.

Gouken
[Sakotsukudaki] (f+MP): Hit box enlarged downwards, active frames changed to 4F. Hit stop and guard stop time has been changed from medium attack length to heavy attack length. Hittable area has been reduced, making it easier to dodge crouching attacks.
[Forbidden Shoryuken]: Startup greatly reduced from 11F->3F, which makes it easier to combo and counterattack with.
[far MP]: Deals additional 1F of hit stun, and is now special/super cancelable. Thus [far MP] -> [M. Senkugoshoha] combo is now possible.
[far HP]: Active hit frames changed from 3F->5F.
[close HK]: Active hit frames of first part changed from 2F->5F.
[Denjin Hadouken]: Lever rotations needed to speed up the move have been reduced.

AZ Greg

USD said:
VEGA
-Bloody High Claw (UC1) has increased juggle limit; can combo from Cosmic Heel, for example

EUWQw.gif

Oh shit, Seth is now -3 after SRK xx FADC on block. My ENTIRE strategy with Seth is based around that lol. Now I'm definitely going to be more afraid of using that tactic since you can be jabbed into other stuff before you can even block or go for a reversal.

As for all the Gouken buffs, we'll see I guess. Better normals are nice, but no idea if that will push him out of the bottom tier. The biggest buff IMO is the Super. Now that thing is lightning fast, a super that can't be safe jumped and will do 350 damage(not sure how much it does). And you can just do a normal into super cancel for 400+ damage.

Rentahamster

Rodent Whores
h3ro said:
Dhalsim
[LP]: Causes additional 1F of hit stun, leading to a total of +2F on hit. So [LP] -> [EX Yoga Flame] combo now works.
[Yoga Blast]: On hit, light and medium version recovery has been reduced by 10F, heavy version recovery has been reduced by 5F.
Yay, I was right :D

Kioshen

USD said:
Going through the changes now:

KEN
-cr.HK is 8F (slower from 7F), loses sweep combo
-st.HK 11F from 12F, recovery from 21F to 18F; +1 on hit, -3 on guard
-Overhead feint from 27F to 24F

Wait what ? What was the point of practicing that sweep combo then ? Oh it's still viable from a st.lp so nevermind then. Read the frame data too fast ... well that was a nice tool while it lasted. At least now st.Hk is a better poke but still :/.

USD

Professor Beef said:
What the fuck at that Gief far HP.

And the Guile buffs are scary, but I rarely get hit by that kick as it is.
He got back what he really needed, which was the UC2 damage. The move was a joke in AE, especially when you consider that you're often landing the move on a trade. The Reverse Spin Kick buff is a nice touch, since you can already use the move to beat crouch tech. And at +5, Guile can land some fat combos, because cl.HP does 120 damage.

Kioshen said:
Wait what ? What was the point of practicing that sweep combo then ? Oh it's still viable from a st.lp so nevermind then. At least now st.Hk is a better poke but still :/.

St. LP(as well as st. MP) is +7 on hit, the sweep combo is gone unless you count counter hit combos.

vg260

USD said:
He got back what he really needed, which was the UC2 damage. The move was a joke in AE, especially when you consider that you're often landing the move on a trade. The Reverse Spin Kick buff is a nice touch, since you can already use the move to beat crouch tech. And at +5, Guile can land some fat combos, because cl.HP does 120 damage.

Wait. That initial math was wrong. Total damage is unchanged at 300???!!!
WTF?

USD said:
I hate fighting Guile, but I felt so bad for Guile players because of U2's damage.

Kioshen

Rice-Eater said:
St. LP(as well as st. MP) is +7 on hit, the sweep combo is gone unless you count counter hit combos.

Yeah I reedited my post since I read the frame data table too fast :/. Scratch one path from the flowchart I guess. He still has plenty of mixups and his kara throw at least.

kirblar

2&2 said:
Wait. That initial math was wrong. Total damage is unchanged at 300???!!!
WTF?
Doesn't it do more damage this way due to how it interacts with damage scaling when combo'd into? (Or, possibly, because the first hit was whiffing in the combo that was mentioned?)

vg260

Guile false alarm!

U2 still is 300 :(

The initial translation was wrong and has been corrected. Yes, the damage distribution is different, but total is the same. Apparently only adds 50 to a combo. As a standalone it's still 300, if I'm not mistaken.

I can't believe Capcom refuses to make the TOTAL damage reasonable.

kirblar

2&2 said:
Guile false alarm!

The initial translation was wrong and has been corrected. Yes, the damage distribution is different, but total is the same. Apparently only adds 50 to a combo. As a standalone it's still 300, if I'm not mistaken.

From a design perspective, I think I understand why Guile doesn't have heavy damage on this Ultra. It's due to his playstyle.

Guile, moreso than almost any other character in the game, wants to get a life lead and sit on it. The low damage here seems to say "we don't want guile to be able to instantly make up a large deficit and go right back into his default playstyle if he's been losing the round."

vg260

Professor Beef said:
Jesus, 300 damage for an Ultra is fucking pitiful.

Yeah, I don't get their issue. Sure it does 50 in a combo now that would have been lost in AE, but that's not a fix.

kirblar said:
From a design perspective, I think I understand why Guile doesn't have heavy damage on this Ultra. It's due to his playstyle.

Guile, moreso than almost any other character in the game, wants to get a life lead and sit on it. The low damage here seems to say "we don't want guile to be able to instantly make up a large deficit and go right back into his default playstyle if he's been losing the round."

I kinda see, but still, it's pathetic. No one's asking for massive damage, but it is an Ultra. Would buffing it to 350 or 375 be that bad? Isn't the Ultra a comeback mechanic? 300 is nothing. Boxer's Dirty Bull does 400 in 2012 iirc.

Love the Ryu changes, hopefully we get to see more Ryu's go far in tournaments now! I'm liking all the changes in general, 2012 is lookin' sweet!

USD

2&2 said:
Guile false alarm!

LOL USD math fail.

FFFFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUU

kitzkozan

Rice-Eater said:
Wow, they took away Ken's ability to combo into sweep already? Ken players were so happy about that, and it's already gone? I can see why they took it away from Fei because he was so good already, but I don't see the need to take it from Ken.

Ken was going to be top tier for sure in AE 2012 imo, being a character receiving buff after buff since super. :p

Nice to see that Claw can now combo into his U1, but that probably won't make him a top tier charge character. I'm gonna try out the "new" Gouken and I'm confident he will be able to leave the bottom tier rank given all the adjustments. :p

USD

ヽ``、ヽ`、ヽ`ヽ`、、ヽ`ヽ`、ヽ``、ヽ`、ヽ`ヽ`、、ヽ`ヽ`、ヽ``、ヽ`、ヽ`ヽ`、、ヽ`ヽ`、ヽマッテェ(ノ;Д;)ノ`、、ヽ`☂ヽ`、ヽ``、ヽ`、ヽ`ヽ`、、ヽ`ヽ`、ヽ``、ヽ`、ヽ`ヽ`、、ヽ`ヽ`、ヽ``、ヽ`、ヽ`ヽ`、、ヽ、ヽ`ヽ`、ヽ``

Raining like crazy in Japan apparently, typhoon on the way.

_Xenon_ said:
Blanka ex up ball does KD now?????

TIME TO PARTY!!

Well at there is a downside to it. If you time it wrong when trying to punish fireballs, you could be punished for it by character that couldn't punish it before. It says less push back, just don't know how much. If it's on par with HP ball then I'm cool with this change. Not like Blanka has time to do any kind of mix up after knockdown anyways.

Satyamdas

Banned
Rice-Eater said:
Well at there is a downside to it. If you time it wrong when trying to punish fireballs, you could be punished for it by character that couldn't punish it before. It says less push back, just don't know how much. If it's on par with HP ball then I'm cool with this change. Not like Blanka has time to do any kind of mix up after knockdown anyways.
I think you are mistaken. No one uses EX Up Ball to punish fireballs.

Satyamdas said:
I think you are mistaken. No one uses EX Up Ball to punish fireballs.

Oh Shit, you're right, I read that wrong. I thought it was just normal EX ball. Well, at least if we can bait on Blanka's wake up it should allow some characters who couldn't punish it before to be able to punish it now. Or at least punish it better then they could before.

Conceited

mechaniphiliac
There should be at least one more revision so no need to panic or get hype about any of the changes yet.

GGs PSN assembly force 2001.

Satyamdas

Banned
Rice-Eater said:
Oh Shit, you're right, I read that wrong. I thought it was just normal EX ball. Well, at least if we can bait on Blanka's wake up it should allow some characters who couldn't punish it before to be able to punish it now. Or at least punish it better then they could before.
Yeah. I think EX Up Ball knocking down, and EX Horizontal Ball knocking down if it hits during it's first 2 active frames are actually great buffs for Blanka. And having them be more punishable if baited is a fair trade off.

Top Bottom