• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Street Fighter 4 Arcade Edition |OT4| Daigo Who?

Lost Fragment

Obsessed with 4chan
Since 2012 is getting ready to come out I thought I'd do some thinking and come up with what I feel Makoto's matchups are currently like, if anyone gives a fuck.

Abel: 6
Adon: Unsure
Akuma: 5.5
Balrog: Unsure
Blanka: 6.5
Viper: 6
Cammy: Unsure
Chun: 4
Cody: 6
Dan: 6
Dee Jay: 6
Dhalsim: 7
Dudley: 6
Honda: 5.5
Fuerte: 6
Evil Ryu: 6
Fei Long: 3
Gen: Unsure, but probably not bad
Gouken: 6.5
Guile: 5.5
Guy: 5
Hakan: Unsure
Ibuki: 5.5
Juri: Unsure, but probably not bad
Ken: 4.5
Bison: 5
Oni: 6
Rose: 4.5
Rufus: 4.5
Ryu: 4
Sagat: 5
Sakura: 3.5
Seth: 6
T Hawk: 4.5
Vega: 6
Yang: 4
Yun: 4
Zangief: 4

Some of those 5.5s might be 6s and some of those 4.5s might be 4s, and vice versa, but I'm indecisive.

With some exceptions, a lot of this is based on my scrub ass fighting random dudes online, so I'm sure it's not completely accurate, just for the record.

Chavelo

Caj814 said:
From the srk SSF4AE PC Custom Skins thread

Goddamn amazing...

:3

EDIT: HOLD THAT SHIT UP!

*WIP*
ssfiv2011092910072390.jpg

FF7I1.gif

Imm0rt4l

Lost Fragment said:
Since 2012 is getting ready to come out I thought I'd do some thinking and come up with what I feel Makoto's matchups are currently like, if anyone gives a fuck.

Here's mine for gouken

Abel: 4
Adon: 3.5
Akuma: 3
Balrog: 4
Blanka: 4
Viper: 4
Cammy: 3
Cody: 5
Dan: 5
Dee Jay: 5
Dhalsim: 5
Dudley: 4.5
Honda: 5
Fuerte: coin toss bullshit at least 4
Evil Ryu: 5
Fei Long: 3
Gen: 5
mak: 3.5
Guile: 5
Guy: 4.5
Hakan: 5
Ibuki: 4.0
Juri: 5
Ken: 4
Bison: 3.5
Oni: 5
Rose:5
Ryu: 5
Sagat: 3.5
Sakura: 5
Seth: 5
T Hawk: 5.5
Vega: 5
Yang: 3
Yun: 3

Gouken doesn't seem to be particularly good at anything. his zoning is mediocre, his defense is bad, his offense is bad. He hits like a truck if you do something stupid. can't really create damage since he has no combos from lights. He doesn't have anything particularly obnoxious that makes you go "that's some bullshit" other than backthrow, and shit is like 5 frame startup with a longer/delayed tech window, it's not even like its a command grab, everything off backthrow got scaled down to at least 80%. His mixups aren't strong like akuma or abel. I can see why he probably won't make the cut for sf x tekken, he's pretty poorly designed.

edit: I may be overstating goukens against the twins, since they're worse than the cammy matchup, they got fucking command grabs.

For cody

Abel: 3
Adon: 5
Akuma: 4
Balrog: 5
Blanka: 5
Viper: 4
Cammy: 4.5
Chun: 5
Dee Jay: 4
Dhalsim: 4
Dudley: 5
Fuerte: 4
Fei Long: 5.5
Gen:5
Gouken: 5
mak: 5.5
Guile: 4
Hakan: 5
Ibuki: 4
Juri: 4.5
Ken: 5
Bison: 4.5
Rose: 5
Rufus: 5
Sagat: 4
Sakura: 4.5
Seth: 4
T Hawk: 5.5
Zangief: 5.5

We're doing personal tier lists now? I'll bite.

Abel: 4.5
Adon: 4.5
Balrog: 4.5
Bison: 4
Blanka: 2.5
Viper: 5
Cammy: 5
Cody: 4.5
Dan: 6
Dee Jay: 4
Dhalsim: 4.5
Honda: 4
Fuerte: No god damn idea, maybe 4 or 5?
Evil Ryu: 5.5
Fei Long: 4.5
Gen: 5
Gouken: 5.5
Guile: 5
Guy: 5.5
Hakan: 6
Ibuki: 4.5
Juri: 6
Makoto: 6
Rose: 5, maybe 5.5
Rufus: 5, maybe 4.5
Sagat: 4.5
Sakura: 5
Seth: 5
Yang: 6
Yun: 6
Zangief: 5

Most of my ".5" scores are there because I'm unsure if it should be up or down a point, but I'm confident in these scores. My gripes with Hawk are mainly small things (like his command grab causing pushback against walls). He's got good normals, and he's more than capable of getting up close to you, but any character with good mobility can just run circles around him and whittle him down for free since he doesn't have something like Gief's Lariat. EX SRK works most of the time, but normal versions have little to no invulnerability (even against grabs) and are a tad slow, so his wakeup game won't get respected if you have no bars.

I can't wait for the buffs he's getting, as minor as they might be. I still think that him being the only grappler that gets pushback against walls after a command grab is bullshit, and needs to be addressed.

Joekage

Just thought I'd let Saty see this little gem I found on event hubs......

http://www.eventhubs.com/news/2011/sep/29/yogaflame24-latif-ssf4ae-and-daigo-ssf4-ranked-videos/

I agree the Juri made very good reads but when Latif had the chance he could have dominated. He seemed so shaken that he did not know what to do and honestly I can't help but think he got exposed. He does not know the Juri match and not many do because their isn't enough Juri players out there to began with. Did anyone notice that when Latif did get that crouching fierce to hit he just sat there. I think he was testing the player to see if he would react with an ex like he did last time but when he didn't react it cost him his momentum. That just shows how advanced the mind is of Latif. It also shows that never doing even the smallest things twice will keep your opponent guessing no matter the caliber of the player.

Also, guess I'll put in my 2 cents in regards to Cody matchups..

For cody

Abel: 4
Adon:5
Balrog: 5
Blanka: 6
Chun: 5
Dee Jay:5
Dhalsim: 4
Fuerte: 5
Fei Long: 5.5 - Honestly think Cody wins this match handily.
mak: 5
Guile:3
Hakan:6
Ibuki: 5
Rose: 5.5
Sagat: 4.5
Sakura:5
Seth: 4.5
T Hawk: 6
Zangief: 4.5

I agree with joekage 100 percent on the fei matchup. I thought I was in the minority there. Fei can't cw Cody, Cody can easily punish rekkas, he can keep him out pretty well. It's definitely in Cody's favor.

Joekage

cackhyena said:
You're one of the last people I'd question on anything Cody, but man, really? I wouldn't have guessed good Cody players think that.

Haha, it's cool man, I know having a good matchup against Fei Long will raise some eyebrows. Not to say the match is easy for Cody at all, you have to be on your A game at all times and be consistent with spacing and punishing or else Fei Long will run over you.

In terms of the matchup, I feel like Cody has all the tools that counter Fei Long's strategies. 3 frame low short that can punish rekkas (even jab) depending on spacing. Once you establish that Fei Long can't poke with rekka, you can then play a footsie game whiff punishing his normals with low short into mk ruffian or HP CU. Bingo destroys Fei Long's focus attack game as well as reacting to rekkas. Fei Long has to commit to a focus attack at a certain range and if he does, bingo will blow it up everytime. Also, chickenwing can be option selected with low short or low forward (slide) and be punished with U2 even if Cody is hit. When I look at these options, it feels like Cody has a much easier time dealing with Fei. Plus, I play against one of the best Fei Long's in the South IMO(FindmyFarms!) and win majority of the time so I have alot of experience with the matchup that other Cody players might not have.

Also Saty, haha knew you would like it. And yeah man, I really wanna get back on the grind on XBL. Let my lil bro borrow my 360 while he is away at college though, but he's sending it back so I'll be online real soon. Dat waffle love <# for you and my boy Vex!

Axis

Joekage said:
Also Saty, haha knew you would like it. And yeah man, I really wanna get back on the grind on XBL. Let my lil bro borrow my 360 while he is away at college though, but he's sending it back so I'll be online real soon. Dat waffle love <# for you and my boy Vex!

<# ft100...loser has to lose an inch of height.

cHaotix8

I'll do Dudley then

Abel: 4.5
Adon:4.5
Akuma: 5
Blanka: 4.5
Dee Jay:5
Dhalsim: 4.5
Dudley: n/a
Honda: 4
Fuerte: 4.5
Fei Long: 4.5
Gen:4.5
Gouken: 5.5
Guile:4.5
Guy: 5?
Juri: 4.5
Bison: 4
Rose: 4
Ryu: 4.5
Sakura:4.5
T Hawk: 4
Vega: 4.5
Yun: 4.5
Zangief: 3

Guess I'll throw Cammy's here too:

Abel: 5
Adon:5
Akuma: 4.5
Blanka: 6
Cammy: n/a
Chun: 4.5
Dee Jay:4.5
Dhalsim: 5
Fuerte: 5.5
Fei Long: 4
Guile: 4.5
Rose: 5
Sakura:4.5
T Hawk: 5
Vega: 4.5
Yun: 5

Hey hikaru, screw your Ibuki in de butt!

Hey LyteEdge, screw your Man-Li in de urethra!

Hey Koshien, Ken - really bro? :(

GGS though :p

My poor Hakan is too free against hikaru. >:|

My everybody is too free against everybody's everybody. D:

Did I just pull an online only tactic snatching Oni out of his Raging Dumbass with an EX Oil Rocket? Well either way it was the winning move and replay is uploaded because the Oil Barons need encouragement!

GunbladeV

Banned
I dont play enough dhalsims to even want to learn the matchup but it definitely feels like its in his favor.

I just faceroll and try to get in without blocking when i play against sim

Joekage

cHaotix8 said:

Yes. Just because you *almost* beat Jan (even though I've almost beat him everytime we've played) doesn't mean the matchup isn't that bad. Yes Cody can zone Gief out, but the main deterrent to that zoning is that Gief's footsies are much better than Cody's in terms of walkspeed, projectile punishment, and damage. Yeah, I can sit there and press st RH all day and throw rocks but while I'm doing that constantly having to walk back into the corner, constantly worrying about my ground game while also worrying about which antiair to use against Gief at every range because believe it or not I have to guess just as much as any other character as to which antiair to use. If I fail an anti-air? 250 damage. If I throw a rock? EX greenhand or variable jump arc into combo or SPD. If I press st RH, focus attack/whiff punish with ex greenhand or low short into ex greenhand. Walk forward t try and gain ground and whiff punish his godlike st strong? Get bodied because none of my footsie options in that scenario work at all. If I try to reversal with EX CU, if he low shorts or low jabs, I'm beat clean. I try to reversal with bingo, he does a meaty low, he blocks and I'm finished. Every knockdown results in me having to deal with any and every mixup Gief has in his arsenal. I'm being generous with 4.5 because I do feel that if I play a perfect game, I can zone/keep Gief out with normals primarily and projectiles sparingly but playing a perfect game is very hard.

With that said, I've been doing some training mode work on that matchup, discovering various setups and options against him so I might have to change my mind but as of right now, I'm sticking with 4.5.

Axis

cHaotix8 said:
Guess I'll throw Cammy's here too:

Abel: 5 - agree
Adon:5 - agree
Akuma: 4.5 - even or slightly in cammy's favor IMO
Balrog: 4 - yup, fuck balrog
Blanka: 6 - agree
Viper: 5 - fair
Cammy: n/a
Chun: 4.5 - disagree, 5.5/6 cammy
Dan: 5 - ...6-4 cammy
Dee Jay:4.5 - even
Dhalsim: 5 - yup
Dudley: 5 - yup
Honda: 5 - 5.5/6 cammy, his lack of AA's really hurt him and she can cleanly beat exHB
Fuerte: 5.5 - yup
Evil Ryu: 5 - 5.5/6 cammy IMO
Fei Long: 4 - fuck fei long
Gen:5 - yup
Gouken: 5 - 6-4 cammy easily
mak: 5 - yup
Guile: 4.5 - why must you turtle me so
Guy: 5 - yup
Hakan:6 - indeed
Ibuki: 5 - yessir...momentum wins...whoever gets it first
Juri: 5 - 6-4 cammy IMO, she deals with juri's bullshit pretty well
Ken: 5 - she loses this...6-4 ken
Bison: 5 - yup
Oni: 5 - she wins this 6-4 IMO
Rose: 5 - dem normals :(
Rufus: 5 - indeed
Ryu: 5 - even or slightly in cammy's favor
Sagat: 5 - yup
Sakura:4.5 - even IMO...lots of good tricks against sak
Seth: 4.5 - yup :/
T Hawk: 5 - 6/4 cammy favor
Vega: 4.5 - even
Yang: 4 - yessssss
Yun: 5 - same as yang IMO...his safeness is infuriating
Zangief: 4 - even IMO...very very even

just my .02!

For cammy's matchups, whatever they were in super just take off 2 points and thats wat they are in ae.

Joe thinks cody wins the fei matchup cuz he beats my scrubby fei all the time. I'm ready to back $50 on any real fei.... like CJTRUTH vs. joe, any takers!?!?!?

Axis

FindMyFarms said:
For cammy's matchups, whatever they were in super just take off 2 points and thats wat they are in ae.

Joe thinks cody wins the fei matchup cuz he beats my scrubby fei all the time. I'm ready to back $50 on any real fei.... like CJTRUTH vs. joe, any takers!?!?!?

chicken wing truth?

Timedog

good credit (by proxy)
FindMyFarms said:

Cody wins the Fei matchup?...ninja, please.

Hardbody ain't an adjective, it's a way of life.

Joekage

FindMyFarms said:

Yo, Arthur bodied CJTRUTH at FR, as a member of TWG I will have to follow in my sensei's footsteps and put him down for good!

Timedog

good credit (by proxy)
Joekage said:
My Roo vs your Ryu FT5. Let's get it. Winner gets a 8 piece with 2 extra biscuits from popeyes chicken. You down, my brotha?
Do you even play Ryu, pimp? I will money match you for a bucket of popeyes as soon as I get my financial aid money. Right now I'm actually a razor's edge away from being homeless.

Top Bottom