• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Street Fighter 4 Arcade Edition |OT4| Daigo Who?

Joekage

I am loving 2012 edition. Ryu has low forward back and Cody just being retarded good. Gonna be a good game for me. I do like how Capcom does seem to recognize bad habit reversals such as upball and ex seismo that haven't been incredibly easy to punish are getting nerfed. I'm not a fan of just nerfing things though. EX seismo should do more damage or something as an offset, but fuck Viper.

Lost Fragment

Obsessed with 4chan
Upball's not really getting nerfed though. It's still gonna be way better than it currently is since it knocks down on hit. People will actually have to respect Blanka's wakeup to a degree now.

Im guessing daigo might go back to ryu now. AE2012 ryu is looking better then his super version. Now I just need to see a video of cody's new walkspeed and ill be set.

Joekage

Lost Fragment said:
Upball's not really getting nerfed though. It's still gonna be way better than it currently is since it knocks down on hit. People will actually have to respect Blanka's wakeup to a degree now.

Yeah but that's the great thing Capcom is doing. EX Upball on block being mad punishable works because as it is, it's one of the best anti-airs in the game. Fast, invincible to a certain degree and if I recall it's 4 frames or something like that correct? Those type of moves should be heavily punishable on block because in relation to how good that move is when it hits now, it should be equally as bad when it doesn't hit. I think the EX upball change is the perfect example of how a good move can be balanced by rewarding good play when it hits, and rewarding bad play when you misuse the move and it's blocked.

Biosnake, Cody's new walkspeed isn't a very drastic change but it's good enough. If I remember correctly, I've heard many claim for it to be almost exactly the same as Ryu's walkspeed which is more than enough for me.

Satyamdas

Banned
the_log_ride said:
SATY, RENTA! WHERE THE HELL ARE YOU GUYS?

THIS IS A GOOD DAY! DANCE WITH ME!

Give me back SUPER damage
573i0.jpg

bB3RG.gif

Just need EX Flame damage back and Sim is perfect.

SmokeMaxX

Joekage said:
I am loving 2012 edition. Ryu has low forward back and Cody just being retarded good. Gonna be a good game for me. I do like how Capcom does seem to recognize bad habit reversals such as upball and ex seismo that haven't been incredibly easy to punish are getting nerfed. I'm not a fan of just nerfing things though. EX seismo should do more damage or something as an offset, but fuck Viper.
Oh c'mon.

Blanka upball: -17 on HIT, -21 on block; 5 frames invincibility. Can't be made safe.
Cody Ex Zonk: Knocks down on hit; -7 on block; 16 frames of invincibility. Can be FADC'd.

Stand next to Blanka. Option select a move that will knock him out of ex rainbow roll and what can he do? He hits you with ex-upball? You get a free punish. His only option besides take your pressure is to wake-up ultra.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Just came back from a 160 games session, only playing Yun vs Abel. Love this match up, so much fun. So much 8-2.

Joekage said:
Biosnake, Cody's new walkspeed isn't a very drastic change but it's good enough. If I remember correctly, I've heard many claim for it to be almost exactly the same as Ryu's walkspeed which is more than enough for me.
If this is true then...
lil-b-based-god-o.gif

Ryu's walkspeed is more than fine for me.

Joekage

SmokeMaxX said:
Oh c'mon.

Blanka upball: -17 on HIT, -21 on block; 5 frames invincibility. Can't be made safe.
Cody Ex Zonk: Knocks down on hit; -7 on block; 16 frames of invincibility. Can be FADC'd.

Stand next to Blanka. Option select a move that will knock him out of ex rainbow roll and what can he do? He hits you with ex-upball? You get a free punish. His only option besides take your pressure is to wake-up ultra.

Yeah but EX zonk doesn't start up in 4 frames. Either way, my point is that Blanka players relied on EX UpBall too often as a reversal tactic ignoring the fact that Blanka has some of the best normals in the game especially anti=air wise. EX Upball is easy to punish on block because the fact that as a reversal, used properly, it works very well at what it's supposed to do which means if it's blocked because you used it misproperly, you should be punished severely. I have no problem making EX Zonk -100 on block as long as they buff it when it actually hits. Also, people rely too much on reversals nowadays anyways. With Blanka, why not try figuring out the mixup, blocking it until you get space and then proceed to play Blanka like he's meant to be played. Defensive and footsie oriented. Save ex upball for poor safe jumps instead of just throwing it out there because you're under some pressure or because LOL it usually works on jump-ins!

Also Mr. Puppy, yeah he's actually pretty good now. He was always a decent character but now he's in the running IMO for top 10-15 depending on how the other characters turn out.

Corky

Nine out of ten orphans can't tell the difference.
Yoshichan said:
Just came back from a 160 games session, only playing Yun vs Abel. Love this match up, so much fun. So much 8-2.

oh my GOD! Why do you keep tormenting me so. I want to play 16000 games sessions.

V_Arnold

Viper nerf:

Byebye SSFIV. Was fun while it lasted.

I do not understand why you keep doing this to me, Capcom.
Really? Latif? A mediocre Viper player got into the EVO finals because everyone was too busy keeping up with Yun/Ryu/Fei Long/Seth, and nobody trained against Viper. THAT warrants a nerf? On the hardest on execution character EVER?

Byebye.

by: A less than mediocre Viper who put 1200+ hours into Vipers. bye.

Satyamdas

Banned
V_Arnold said:
Viper nerf:

Really? Latif? A mediocre Viper player got into the EVO finals because everyone was too busy keeping up with Yun/Ryu/Fei Long/Seth, and nobody trained against Viper. THAT warrants a nerf? On the hardest on execution character EVER?

Byebye.

UtmD6.gif

V_Arnold

Satyamdas said:

God, I love this show.

Still need to comtemplate on the other changes. Still, I do not get this. Viper is destinted to be B+ tier forever thanks to the ignorant developers. How crazy it would be to give the biggest reward to the biggest investment, right?

V_Arnold said:
God, I love this show.

Still need to comtemplate on the other changes. Still, I do not get this. Viper is destinted to be B+ tier forever thanks to the ignorant developers. How crazy it would be to give the biggest reward to the biggest investment, right?
Ask Gen

Satyamdas

Banned
V_Arnold said:
God, I love this show.

Viper is not the biggest investment, I don't care what you or any Viper players say. And she has more than enough bullshit going for her that this EX Seismo nerf is small potatoes in the grand scheme. She still does insane stun and damage, and goddammit she SHOULD have a weaker wakeup game in exchange for it. Bitch made it through 3 versions of the game without being touched, now she gets one little nerf and the tears start flowing (not referring to just you).

I'm with cHaotix8: this is delicious.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Corky said:
oh my GOD! Why do you keep tormenting me so. I want to play 16000 games sessions.
BUT I INVITED YOU!

Sorry; I forgot :(

cackhyena

I'm certainly loving it. I don't get how you come to the conclusion that she's the character you have to work hardest with when you have characters like Gen and Sim.

cackhyena said:
I'm certainly loving it. I don't get how you come to the conclusion that she's the character you have to work hardest with when you have characters like Gen and Sim.

That's because they don't play Gen and Sim.

Also, as a Dudley, Sim can go suck a dick.

Noaloha

I'm a Viper player*. I'm happy (or, put another way, my curiosity is piqued). She's remained by and large identical to her vanilla incarnation. I'm okay with the idea that I'll need to use appropriate tools now. Really interested to see what I'll be able to land off EX.BK, which up to now has simply been a get-the-fuck-away-from-me-as-I'm-standing-up tool. If it's viable damage/stun now then that's a fair trade in my mind. I know BKs are throw invulnerable once they're airborn -- unsure how many frames into EX.BK it stops being on the ground. I have a feeling it's pretty instant.

*EDIT: and not a good one either

USD

*Shrug* Maybe I'm just weird, but I hate seeing nerfs like this. I hate Akuma's st.HK, but hate that (if the change sticks), I'll be able to push buttons because Capcom made it easier for me to do so.

Thanks Capcom? Well, at least they give Ryu his cr.MK back.

Maybe that's why I still suck at this game.

cackhyena

narcosis219 said:
That's because they don't play Gen and Sim.

Also, as a Dudley, Sim can go suck a dick.
I don't either, but it's not that hard to deduce. Apparently for some, this "end is nigh" news is making them go loopy.

Satyamdas

Banned
USD said:
*Shrug* Maybe I'm just weird, but I hate seeing nerfs like this. I hate Akuma's st.HK, but hate that (if the change sticks), I'll be able to push buttons because Capcom made it easier for me to do so.

Thanks Capcom? Well, at least they give Ryu his cr.MK back.

Maybe that's why I still suck at this game.
Unless you are Gief or Hawk, your buttons will be blocked. And I have a feeling those characters are who the nerf is really for. -2 is only punishable by a few moves in the game.

Sometimes shit is not balanced well and needs to be tweaked.

I'm fine with Viper changes, good on the FP TK, finally a reliable get off me instead of getting thrown. I don't know if i should get hype for ex burn kick or not. Ex hammer still ok.

rbrogue

V_Arnold said:
Viper nerf:

Byebye.

Youre overreacting. She's different, not bad. Thunder knuckle being throw invulnerable makes up for it as it now has the properties seismic had. It still converts to ultra off of pokes, just scrubby vipers that wakeup seismic for free ultra conversion get to learn to block ans tech.

USD

Satyamdas said:
Unless you are Gief or Hawk, your buttons will be blocked. And I have a feeling those characters are who the nerf is really for. -2 is only punishable by a few moves in the game.

Sometimes shit is not balanced well and needs to be tweaked.
It's not punishable, but it puts me at advantage now, so when I do mash on cr.LP/cr.MP, my buttons will win, assuming I time them properly. It's free, but it's still significantly easier.

Imm0rt4l

rbrogue said:
Youre overreacting. She's different, not bad. Thunder knuckle being throw invulnerable makes up for it as it now has the properties seismic had. It still converts to ultra off of pokes, just scrubby vipers that wakeup seismic for free ultra conversion get to learn to block ans tech.
622-1223164587.gif

Joekage

Not like Viper can't blow up throws anymore, she still has burn kick which blows up tick throws and the like all the time. EX seismo was mostly used as an extension of her footsie tools, whiff punishing normals or blowing up counter hit setups. The only thing I can think of that Viper players might have to stop doing is the EX seismo feint setup that resulted in throws going through her and her being able to throw you out of your throw animation. Hate that shit but she got buffed respectively so any Viper players complaining have no basis. EX seismo wasn't even meant for throw breaking in the grand scheme of things. You wanna not tech? Just burn kick. Viper still on that lol just reversal mindset, don't worry :)

_Xenon_ said:
More blanka nerf? What the fucking shit?
V_Arnold said:
Viper nerf:

Byebye.

G95OZ.gif

Satyamdas

Banned
USD said:
It's not punishable, but it puts me at advantage now, so when I do mash on cr.LP/cr.MP, my buttons will win, assuming I time them properly. It's free, but it's still significantly easier.
Well that's how it should be, considering it is a heavy attack, and one that if it hits can lead into a good 40% damage plus a reset. I fail to see why such a move should be completely safe on block and leave Akuma at advantage after.

Joekage said:
Not like Viper can't blow up throws anymore, she still has burn kick which blows up tick throws and the like all the time. EX seismo was mostly used as an extension of her footsie tools, whiff punishing normals or blowing up counter hit setups. The only thing I can think of that Viper players might have to stop doing is the EX seismo feint setup that resulted in throws going through her and her being able to throw you out of your throw animation. Hate that shit but she got buffed respectively so any Viper players complaining have no basis. EX seismo wasn't even meant for throw breaking in the grand scheme of things. You wanna not tech? Just burn kick. Viper still on that lol just reversal mindset, don't worry :)
Bingo!

/Cody

V_Arnold

Joekage said:

Cornered Viper. Knockdown. What you gonna do. Go.

I would be surprised it tokido drops him. That nerf isnt that big of a deal. And be able to air fireball out of a demon flip is a neat trick.

Rentahamster

Rodent Whores
the_log_ride said:
SATY, RENTA! WHERE THE HELL ARE YOU GUYS?

THIS IS A GOOD DAY! DANCE WITH ME!

Give me back SUPER damage
whoop whoop.

Now no one will know how scrubby I am when I do lk slide into yoga blast.

har har har har

The untechable knockdown on yoga blast sounds pretty good.

Top Bottom