• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Street Fighter 4 Arcade Edition |OT4| Daigo Who?

cHaotix8

Joekage said:
Gief stuff

lawl actually 4.5 is how I would rate it myself but keep in mind everyone that gets knocked down has to deal with that gief bs except the twins. Even then, Cody has lots of stuff to deal with Gief that most characters don't, ;st. short, RH, MK ruffian to deal with neutral jump bs and fake rocks. But all trolling aside, I think you just go into the match this defeatist mentality. Zohta instilling that fear of God in you.

Kioshen

The Take Out Bandit said:
Hey Koshien, Ken - really bro? :(

GGS though :p

Well I sure hope you enjoyed my salty tears with your freshly churned high powered butter between my work in progress links :p.

Also what's wrong with Ken ? I need to work on my fundamentals real bad because I have none and he has straight forward combos with good hit confirms. He's a more in your face shoto type with a decent amount of life and mix-ups. Don't forget his kara throw.

Lyte : Also eff your Hawk. I need to figure out grapplers someday :(

Kioshen said:
Well I sure hope you enjoyed my salty tears with your freshly churned high powered butter between my work in progress links :p.

Also what's wrong with Ken ? I need to work on my fundamentals real bad because I have none and he has straight forward combos with good hit confirms. He's a more in your face shoto type with a decent amount of life and mix-ups. Don't forget his kara throw.

Heh heh - I'm just busting your chops because I'm racist against shotos.

Lyte : Also eff your Hawk. I need to figure out grapplers someday :(

Too many gaf grapplers rely on the jump in 360 set up for T.Hawk and Zangief. I'd keep an eye out for that. Either choose a better AA to punish, or back dash out of range if possible.

cackhyena

I'm also using Ken a lot more, Kio. With Eva watching on Kadey's stream, it doesn't make it any easier. The disappointment is palpable with every match I use him.

Kioshen

Heh heh - I'm just busting your chops because I'm racist against shotos.

Too many gaf grapplers rely on the jump in 360 set up for T.Hawk and Zangief. I'd keep an eye out for that. Either choose a better AA to punish, or back dash out of range if possible.

I used to be like that too. Then I realized I should just pick a character I'm having fun with before I smash my arcade stick to bits. I already hate the sf4 engine as it is might as well try to smooth things out as much as possible.

Learning when to backdash out of trouble is something I need to work on for sure. At least now I'm moderately successful in AAing somebody.

I was looking forward to playing against your Hakan but then you went troll Guile/gief against me :p. Them shades serves a health amount of mortons especially after getting punished for doing something stupid :D.

@cackhyena

It has been a while since we've played each other. What have you been up to other than picking up Ken ? Does eva take disciples ?

cackhyena

Not in SF. Still bangin around too many characters, taking none of them seriously. Gears and the ICO/SotC collection is just about it for other game stuff. Otherwise, life is life. Deep, I know.

About the disciples thing. Highly doubt it. Downloaded the 3S patch the other day. Didn't fire it up, though. Online any better?

Kioshen said:
I used to be like that too. Then I realized I should just pick a character I'm having fun with before I smash my arcade stick to bits. I already hate the sf4 engine as it is might as well try to smooth things out as much as possible.

I should do this. :(

It's why I sometimes switch to Guile or a grappler that doesn't need gimmicks to have proper throw range. :(

Learning when to backdash out of trouble is something I need to work on for sure. At least now I'm moderately successful in AAing somebody.

I was looking forward to playing against your Hakan but then you went troll Guile/gief against me :p. Them shades serves a health amount of mortons especially after getting punished for doing something stupid :D.

I'm not sure if backdashing would work, they may be able to snatch you out of it. Maybe? Somebody, anybody?

We can play some more and I'll get my face punched in by everybody with Hakan. D:

I need to see if I can FADC > Shades.

Ooh!

Ooh!

I got hatemail last night too.

Sorry Flowtos, but if you're just going to chuck fireballs all day Hokan can go ly dow. :D

I kept dodging this guys hadookies and he kept running into my fist. Good time!

Then I get the message:

"Pussy!"

:D

Kioshen

cackhyena said:
Not in SF. Still bangin around too many characters, taking none of them seriously. Gears and the ICO/SotC collection is just about it for other game stuff. Otherwise, life is life. Deep, I know.

About the disciples thing. Highly doubt it. Downloaded the 3S patch the other day. Didn't fire it up, though. Online any better?

Team ICO collection and Binding of Isaac is getting my attention lately. I'm still getting my ass handed to me by Kenock whenever I hop online. I'm starting to have less time for gaming and our baby girl isn't even born yet. *sigh*

I don't play ranked on 3SO since it doesn't penalize you for losing so I haven't seen much difference. It still plays smoother for me on 360 whenever I try.

I'm not sure if backdashing would work, they may be able to snatch you out of it. Maybe? Somebody, anybody?

We can play some more and I'll get my face punched in by everybody with Hakan. D:

I need to see if I can FADC > Shades.

In theory fighting land, it should work since you have invincible frames at the startup of your backdash. I know I used it to escape setups by a friend who plays Abel a lot so why should it be different for a real grappler.

One thing that bothered me when I saw you play Hakan is that you never seem to try and build ultra meter by absorbing full screen fireballs. You just use the turtle move and sometimes get it by it's recovery. Why not absorb at least one and vary your response from there ?

cackhyena

I've wondered how Kenock would fare against some of the big guns here. I should hop on and get some time in against him again. Bummer about 3S. Looks like I picked the wrong version to get. :(

Kioshen said:
One thing that bothered me when I saw you play Hakan is that you never seem to try and build ultra meter by absorbing full screen fireballs. You just use the turtle move and sometimes get it by it's recovery. Why not absorb at least one and vary your response from there ?

I still do not grasp the use and function of the FA, and I'm greatly annoyed by the Ono tax on using it. I could FA a projectile; but since I'm already turtling in a defensive position I need to be double defensive to get my Ono tax return check. Usually if I do that I get rushed down and the person gets free extra damage because I'm getting pressured and Ono came up with that retarded ass FA mechanic. :p

I'm no master of parrying; but it's my preference as it's just more obvious and elegant in the execution.

cackhyena

Man, I don't think Parrying is more elegant at all. Kinda baffled you don't bother with FAs. It's like you are missing a big part of your repertoire as a limited ( Hakan ) character.

cackhyena said:
Man, I don't think Parrying is more elegant at all. Kinda baffled you don't bother with FAs. It's like you are missing a big part of your repertoire as a limited ( Hakan ) character.

It's in the execution. I've read the guides and all that stuff on the wikis, but in practice it doesn't make much sense at all. I just feel like I'm taking more of a risk using the FA than not using it, I tried it early on and I just get punished and taxed.

I'm not a fan of game design wherein the defender is doubly compromised. With the parry - if you can execute the input, you're safe. You're just 100% scott free safe. With FA and Hakan, I don't have a whole lot of FADC into something, something, something like Ryu for instance.

Watching skilled Hakan players like Wildcat, the FA isn't a part of the repertoire. I feel that speak more to the application and use of the FA with Hakan, than me dicking around with it ever would.

Too much risk for too little reward. The only time the FA with Hakan is useful, as with most everything Hakan - is when he's oiled and you can slide around to bait opponents or slide out and back in for a free hit.

I've also run into a problem with my stick where over time something will go haywire during matches. Recently it has been moving left. Some matches I'll start on the right side and be unable to walk left or jump in. Two weeks ago when I was fighting notworksafe, my jab button took a dump on me.

I've disassembled the stick and checked all the microswitches, jiggled the wiring while pressing the inputs, and double checked the button depressors to ensure nothing is broken.

I'm going to try my PS2 stick w/ adapter this weekend and see if it persists.

It's pretty damned annoying playing a ranked battle and getting knocked into a corner because you cannot for the life of you move left.

I want to rewire the whole damned thing to rule out faulty wiring, but at this point I'm leaning toward some issue with the Cthulu board my buddy gave to me. :|

Maybe this will detail exactly what "simpler inputs" means for some of the Ultras like Ibuki's U1 and Guy's U2. I'm kind of expecting/hoping for some sort of QCFx2 for them (why Ibuki's U1 was ever HCBx2 when it was always QCFx2 in SF3 is beyond me).

Maybe... it'll also announce Hugo and Poison being added to the roster. ;)

Lost Fragment

Obsessed with 4chan
Spiderjericho said:
What does the tweet say? It says page not found.

Here: http://twitter.com/#!/sethkillian/status/119811001599279104

GAF's acting weird and not automatically creating links out of links or something, and when I manually made it a link it added a page break tag to the URL for some reason.

vulva

■ Ibuki
When you hit the attack against the opposition's first heart broken, so I set to launch damage.

whaaaaaat???

Lost Fragment

Obsessed with 4chan
English: http://www.capcom-unity.com/gregaman/blog/2011/09/30/ssfiv_arcade_edition_2012_quick_update

Hey everyone, this is Ayano again! Autumn has greeted Japan with... some unpleasant chilliness. So, about the SSFIV AE 2012 beta, in conjunction with the Japanese location test, we’ve updated some stuff, so please check out the changes below!

Ryu

The active frames for crouching medium kick have been adjusted to 5 frames.

Due to this, the overall movement and reach of the attack are the same as they were in SSFIV.

Ken

EX Shoryuken's damage has been adjusted to 80 + 30 + 30 + 60, for a total of 200.

Blanka

When EX Vertical Rolling is blocked, he will have an additional 5 frames of recovery upon landing.

Dhalsim

Quick recovery is no longer possible when Light, Medium, Heavy and EX Yoga Blast connects.

It is also no longer possible for the move to come out when you release the button for the Light, Medium and Heavy versions.

C.Viper

Removed throw invincibility on EX Seismic Hammer.

Heavy Thunder Knuckle has been adjusted so that it is now throw invincible up until the first frame that it comes out.

After EX Burning Kick connects, it is now possible to connect with her special moves and follow up attacks that are capable of juggling.

Akuma

From EX Hyakkishu, it is now possible to perform an EX Zanku Hadoken.

Far standing Heavy Kick's damage has been adjusted to 50 + 30 for a total of 80 damage, and when the second hit is blocked, Akuma is now at a -2 frame disadvantage.

Ibuki

When the first attack of Hashinsho hits the opponent, they will take standing damage.

Evil Ryu

Far standing medium kick's range has been extended, and blocked frames has been reduced by 1 frame.

The result is that on hit the move will give Evil Ryu +2 frames of advantage and on guard -4 frames.

We’re still taking everyone’s suggestions into account and trying to update things as fast as possible. Please voice your opinions over at Capcom Unity!

Yep. EX seismo nerf confirmed lolol. But hey could still change it back. They gave HP thunder knuckle throw invincibility though.

Also, Ryu got his Super cr.mk back D:

C.Viper

Akuma

Far standing Heavy Kick's damage has been adjusted to 50 + 30 for a total of 80 damage, and when the second hit is blocked, Akuma is now at a -2 frame disadvantage.

AAAAAAAAAWWWWWWWWYEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHH.jpg

eissan

Ryu

The active frames for crouching medium kick have been adjusted to 5 frames.

Due to this, the overall movement and reach of the attack are the same as they were in SSFIV.

C.Viper

1. FUCK YES!! with his other buffs he's back in top 10 for sure and probably Daigo will be maining him again(don't really care but just obvious?).

2. HAHAHAHHAHAHAHA FUCK YOU HERPADERP VIPER!

that is all...

Lost Fragment

Obsessed with 4chan
Loving the nerf to Akuma's st.hk. That shit gives me so much trouble it isn't even funny.

Not loving Ryu getting his Super cr.mk back though :(

Kimosabae

Banned
eissan said:
1. FUCK YES!! with his other buffs he's back in top 10 for sure and probably Daigo will be maining him again(don't really care but just obvious?).

2. HAHAHAHHAHAHAHA FUCK YOU HERPADERP VIPER!

that is all...

lol.

I'm sure most Viper's are happy with this change. I'll take a reliable DP reversal over a spammable EX Seismo that only promotes bad habits any day.

I have to wonder if this will effect her anti-air trade followups though.

Lost Fragment

Obsessed with 4chan
Kimosabae said:
lol.

I'm sure most Viper's are happy with this change. I'll take a reliable DP reversal over a spammable EX Seismo that only promotes bad habits any day.

I have to wonder if this will effect her anti-air trade followups though.

I don't know how it's anything but a nerf. Yeah HP knuckle will be more consistent at punishing people if they're pressing buttons on your wakeup or whatever (and don't safe jump since shit has like 7 frames of startup or something), but you can't be like "Oh, you tried to throw me? I'm taking half your life." with HP knuckle unless you have them in the corner.

And I don't know why this would affect her antiair trades since all they did was give HP knuckle startup throw invincibility.

Kimosabae

Banned
Lost Fragment said:
I don't know how it's anything but a nerf. Yeah HP knuckle will be more consistent at punishing people if they're pressing buttons on your wakeup or whatever (and don't safe jump since shit has like 7 frames of startup or something), but you can't be like "Oh, you tried to throw me? I'm taking half your life." with HP knuckle unless you have them in the corner.

I know I phrased the sentiment badly, so let me clarify: it's an obvious nerf, but it's one I'm more than comfy with. EXS being as spammable as it was just promoted bad habits due to its high reward. A more reliable DP replacing EXS's beating throws will force Viper players to make better reads on defense and not be compelled to waste meter - I think it can make Viper players better. Viper has more than enough ways around throws.

Lost Fragment

Obsessed with 4chan
Kimosabae said:
I know I phrased the sentiment badly, so let me clarify: it's an obvious nerf, but it's one I'm more than comfy with. EXS being as spammable as it was just promoted bad habits due to its high reward. A more reliable DP replacing EXS's beating throws will force Viper players to make better reads on defense and not be compelled to waste meter - I think it can make Viper players better.

Ah. Yeah, I agree with that.

Dhalsim

Quick recovery is no longer possible when Light, Medium, Heavy and EX Yoga Blast connects.

It is also no longer possible for the move to come out when you release the button for the Light, Medium and Heavy versions.

SATY, RENTA! WHERE THE HELL ARE YOU GUYS?

THIS IS A GOOD DAY! DANCE WITH ME!

Give me back SUPER damage

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag

Yup, when I noticed that Kioshen was letting me jump right in, I went to town with Hawk's 360!

eissan

Lost Fragment said:

And I don't know why this would affect her antiair trades since all they did was give HP knuckle startup throw invincibility.

hey it takes away from people doin the ex seismo and then burn kicking out of pressure and considering 99% of vipers do this it's gonna really mess them up...but like you said it will break bad habits and make them less herpaderp :).

Lost Fragment

Obsessed with 4chan
eissan said:
hey it takes away from people doin the ex seismo and then burn kicking out of pressure and considering 99% of vipers do this it's gonna really mess them up...but like you said it will break bad habits and make them less herpaderp :).

Only when you're like right next to her. She's still gonna be able to blow up unsafe strings and such.

cackhyena

_Xenon_ said:
More blanka nerf? What the fucking shit?
Not enough. I'm calling for all normals to be taken out along with jumping. All he gets is blocking and blanka balls. After third ball in a row, he dizzies.

No Ultras either.

_Xenon_

Banned
cackhyena said:
Not enough. I'm calling for all normals to be taken out along with jumping. All he gets is blocking and blanka balls. After third ball in a row, he dizzies.

No Ultras either.
Why even bother nerfing his normals when you can just break his arms and leave him as a meat ball in this game like this one :(

e.jpg

Top Bottom