• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Street Fighter 4 Arcade Edition |OT4| Daigo Who?

USD

FindMyFarms said:
Wait, is the 200 damage ex dp a nerf or a buff?? I'm so out of touch with ken lol
Buff. They actually buffed it twice, originally was 180, first to 190, then to 200.

El Sloth said:
So, I came across this tweet from the CEO of MLG:

And it got me wondering: rather than Starcraft, would you guys watch fighting game majors on ESPN 2?

Cue ESPN "The Ocho" joke

I would watch if they DIDN'T produce and present it like that damn Madden nation crap.

I don't know how they would perceive the competition and how to present it.

On the MLG stuff, if they did show SC2, I hope it is not cheesy. Maybe it would be presented like the poker stuff is?

IDK. It's all in the presentation. Copy how TNT covers the NBA, but with fighting games, hehe.

Timedog

good credit (by proxy)
ThatCrazyGuy said:
I would watch if they DIDN'T produce and present it like that damn Madden nation crap.

I don't know how they would perceive the competition and how to present it.

If they did show SC2, I hope it is not cheesy. Maybe it would be presented like the poker stuff is?

IDK. It's all in the presentation. Copy how TNT covers the NBA, but with fighting games, hehe.

Not possible.

Just read the new changes, happy for Ryu, thrilled about the Viper change, and [face_plain] at the Evil Ryu change. It looks like they're done with him, any buff he receives will just be shitty buffs like Gouken's, can't wait to hear how his cr. MK will be -3 on block instead of -4 in the next list of changes. It doesn't look like it will happen, but I'm hoping for one more significant buff like his sweep being 6 frames or his HK axe kick being a overhead.

Glad that they restored Ryu's low forward. He just needed some damage nerfs like everybody else from Vanilla to Super. Anymore then that was ridiculous and I'm glad they're seeing the error of there ways. As for Viper, nothing changes really. Most people who play that character at a decent level will still not block on wake up. But at least we have one more option that we didn't before.

I really hope they do something about Bison's wake up game. There is another character that practically never has to block on wake up with one bar. And he'll have that bar since he doesn't really need to use meter for anything else. Even if you option select his EX moves, he'll just teleport. Option select the teleport and he may use his EX moves instead. It's a retarded game of rock, paper, scissors. And if they're removing that element from Seth with his 2 hit blocked SRK then they should do something about Bison's ability to escape wake up pressure.

USD

Min streams are the best.

CGt3w.png

uYu9X.png

Professor Beef said:
I'm picking up Balrog as my new secondary. Anyone know of any useful BnBs for him besides the cr.lk into headbutt?
S.hk c.mp xx ex-upper
C.mk c.mp xx hp.dashpunch
C.lp s.mp xx ex-upper ~ c.lp c.mp xx hp.headbutt

Conceited

mechaniphiliac
Min is just an all around godlike dude, I could listen to him and Rithli talk shit to each other all day. Endless entertainment.

Satyamdas

Banned
Even though the Sim/Mak matchup is a super derpy 7-3 in her favor, I still think Jlai might have the best Makoto in NA. Top 5 at the very least.

>8|

Hey Imm0rt4l what do you think of goukens changes overall? On the slasher live show he said he thought gouken was the most buffed character in 2012. What do you think?

Oh and ill just leave this here.
march%20madness%20001%20large.jpg

USD

In before Saty demands Dhalsim nerfs... oh wait.

F.Champ was in that ass.

Yoga Strike pressure? Reversal Catastrophe? Stay godlike F.Champ.

Imm0rt4l

biosnake20 said:
Hey Imm0rt4l what do you think of goukens changes overall? On the slasher live show he said he thought gouken was the most buffed character in 2012. What do you think?

Oh and ill just leave this here.
march%20madness%20001%20large.jpg

I agree with art he is the most buffed character, but it's necessary considering his current situation. Right now gouken loses or goes even with just about every matchup(majority are unfavorable though). The only matchup in AE that he may have advantage in is t-hawk, but I think this match is pretty even.

Gouken in 2012 is still going to be free on wakeup, this is fine with me, I wouldn't play gouken if blocking and teching were a problem for me, but I think ex tatsu should hit crouching opponents at the very least, sure it's 200 damage, but so is kens ex dp, no justification for it whiffing on crouching opponents not named sagat, gief or hawk and leaving you open for 80-102 frames.

lp palm has a little more range, which is nice but its nothing particularly substantial
I like the increased hitstop on f. mp and the possibility for being able to combo after it makes for some solid high low oki. Not sure it's been confirmed that you can combo off overhead, but if so that is huge. the decreased hurtbox means f. mp will becomes a footsie tool for counterhitting lows as well.

forbidden shoryuken being 3 frames is cool i guess, the idea that I need to harvest meter to gain some semblance of respect is dumb though, but may be necessary in some matches where gouken gets mauled like :bison, cammy, yun, yang, fei, rog. I wouldn't use it for an anti air that often seeing as you get just a little over a 100 damage less for 1 bar in ex tatsu even if the startup is significantly higher. Gouken looks to be even more meter dependent than he was before.

aa counter which was introduced to ae is still does not work properly in 2012, but apparently there is a bit of overlap so that there is less getting counterhit for taking the initiative on jump in attacks

cl. hk got buffed, which is nice, but it was always prohibitively useless before so the increased active frames might make it a better anti air/anticrossup especially when dealing with the ambiguous stuff, but that remains to be seen.

The return of the old lp senkugoshoha as the new mp dashpalm is a nice addition, we'll be forgoing the aa hp hadouken into hp dashpalm with the ommission of fierce dashpalm, but its for the best since hp dp was fucking useless. It would be nice if mp dashpalm was even on block, it's slow enough to react to and punish anyways, but it'll be fine regardless since it's easier to space it to be safe than the current mp palm.

Far standing Medium Punch's hitstun increased by 1 frame is nice because it has decent range and whats more is that its now special cancellable. Since it has a decent enough range and is 5 frames, gouken can now punish moves that are -5 and in mp distances decently enough, prior to this he'd have to be point blank and the opponent would have to be at least -8 to get a decent punish. This is huge.

Far standing Hard Punch's active time increased from 3 to 5 frames makes for slightly better footsies and I'll be fishing for stun with it a lot more.

I'm really excited for denjin, having a 2nd option for ultra now is going to be really nice. Whats more is I may rely even less on backthrow to shin show which was nerfed badly, and I'll probably be doing a lot of kongoshin fadc Denjin(sped up)

These buffs compounded with the seemingly compressed tiers/character nerfs of 2012 will make for the best iteration of gouken.

I'm hyped for the new gouken.

Corky

Nine out of ten orphans can't tell the difference.
jlai said:
We ran the GAF gauntlet against F.Champ.

Myself, Saty, Eva, Rice-Eater, and BV. Done now though

Aw man :( I always miss out on juicy SFGAF stuff...

edit : damn jlai with dat mak.

Airan

Damn Jlai, nice corner resets and pokes. I knew cr.lk had amazing range, but after meaty sHK?! I have to try and incorporate those resets into my game, I always go for double up-punch into axe kick on stun.

USD

If there is a stream for something, I'll post it. Otherwise you can probably assume there isn't one. This was just arcade casuals.

Top Bottom