• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Street Fighter 4 Arcade Edition |OT4| Daigo Who?

Corky

Nine out of ten orphans can't tell the difference.
abq said:
If anyone needs a new monitor, the Dell U2312HM has an IPS panel with an average input lag of 0.6 ms (16 ms = 1 frame).

http://www.tftcentral.co.uk/reviews/dell_u2312hm.htm

I used to own a dell U2311H and SF was definitely good on it, I think it ended up having roughly 1frame of delay from doing the input and it showing on the screen.

Now my new monitor the dell U2711, has rendered SF unplayable, playing offline in training mode feels like playing against someone who lives on the other side of the world.

Corky

Nine out of ten orphans can't tell the difference.
the_log_ride said:
Would this be a good monitor for photon editing

yeah those dell monitors are pretty much entry level photo editing monitors.

Lost Fragment

Obsessed with 4chan
_dementia said:
Is Seth named after Seth Killian?
Is Alex named after Alex Valle?

HEikG.jpg

I never heard the Alex Valle one. He wasn't really big until 1996 when they were making the SF III. Though anything is possible.

And Seth K has confirmed on numerous occasions that Seth was named after him. I think it was a terrible name for the boss character.

Lost Fragment

Obsessed with 4chan
People get mad salty when you beat them with Dan, lol.

He's not really that bad in this game >_>. He's not top tier by any stretch, but he's not bad.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
Good stuff Randall. That was fun as hell last night. So intense. Give me a buzz when you're ready to go again.

Lost Fragment said:

He's not really that bad in this game >_>. He's not top tier by any stretch, but he's not bad.
There are definitely worse characters in the game. Though he still has that Dan stigma.

Nyoro SF

Lost Fragment said:

I've been saying this for a while but I get a lot of flack on SRK... ;_;

He might be low tier, but I definitely don't think he's the worst character in the game, not by a long shot. That honor goes to
T. Hawk

Nyoro SF said:

He might be low tier, but I definitely don't think he's the worst character in the game, not by a long shot. That honor goes to
T. Hawk
dX1kY.gif

Nyoro SF said:

T. Hawk

No way, those characters at least have extremely annoying gimmicks. Gimmicks that can frustrate people. Hakan on the other hand, he's got nothing and IMO is the worse character in this game. I don't care about his command grab, I rush him the fuck down with pleasure. I especially like running into high PP Hakan players. Win or lose, it makes it more fun that the "good ones" find themselves playing like Dhalsim and just try there best to play keep away even when I have the life lead.

Lost Fragment said:

Dan's fuckin good in AE, and I'm 100% sure he's going to be an upper-mid tier character after his 2012 buffs. Good poking tools(st. mk is one of the best mid pokes in the game), great DP, above average frame traps, can hit confirm into good damage, and his fireball is just fine as a poke. Great utility with both ultras and you have a super solid character. Buff him up some more? Jeez....what's sad is people are still going to sleep on him. Not me though :p

Nyoro SF

FindMyFarms said:
Dan's fuckin good in AE, and I'm 100% sure he's going to be an upper-mid tier character after his 2012 buffs. Good poking tools(st. mk is one of the best mid pokes in the game), great DP, above average frame traps, can hit confirm into good damage, and his fireball is just fine as a poke. Great utility with both ultras and you have a super solid character. Buff him up some more? Jeez....what's sad is people are still going to sleep on him. Not me though :p

Dan still has some really bad matchups against Zangief, Chun-Li, Fei Long and Yun.

Nyoro SF said:
Dan still has some really bad matchups against Zangief, Chun-Li, Fei Long and Yun.

Uh.... and?? Characters have bad matchups, welcome to fighting games.

edit - also remember yun/yang are fucked in 2012 and fei is getting some nerfs.

FindMyFarms said:
Upper mid tier? lets slow down shall we? Yea he got some nice buffs but hes still got overall shit normals, shit fireball, hard for him to get in on alot of the cast and its hard for him to keep people out. He cant play footsies very well and both his ultras are mediocre. Hes an okay character but in ae2012 hes probably still be bottom 3. Who will he better better than, troll hawk maybe? Thats probably it.

Timedog said:
Yeah, the rest of planet earth disagrees with you about him being "fuckin good in AE" and a "super solid character".

No, just planet timedogggg

biosnake20 said:
Upper mid tier? lets slow down shall we? Yea he got some nice buffs but hes still got overall shit normals, shit fireball, hard for him to get in on alot of the cast and its hard for him to keep people out. He cant play footsies very well and both his ultras are mediocre. Hes an okay character but in ae2012 hes probably still be bottom 3. Who will he better better than, troll hawk maybe? Thats probably it.

Sick pressure game from his normals when he's in and good tatsu pressure. His normals are fine for what they do.

I was touting cammy as being top tier towards the ends of vanilla, and carried that torch into Super. People way doubted her but she just got better and better, to the point where people thought she was just stupid broken/OP/etc. Peeps in Tx slept on her like a mofo until i started winning every single tourney I went to, and then.....Sako came along and just brought the house down on that bitch lol.

Anyways, I have no problem taking up that mantle with Dan for 2012 :) He's a great character being held back by stigma, which is why no one really plays him. Almost similar to cammy's case really when people thought she sucked in vanilla because she didn't play like her cvs2 version.

Top Bottom