• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Street Fighter 4 Arcade Edition |OT4| Daigo Who?

Satyamdas

Banned
Snowblindvictim said:
Is there anyway I could get my gamertag on the OP?

My GT is: Zerostar781

Ive only been playing for a couple of months and could use some pointers/people to play with.

Looking forward to it
Honestly I doubt anyone is looking at the OP any more, much less for players. Looking at that list a bunch of those people don't even play SF now. You are better off just asking for people in the thread when you want to play. Or join Kadey's lobbies when she isn't streaming Gearzzzz of War. Or join us in #Gafranbats. Lots of scrubs in there you can beat up on! :D

Satyamdas said:
Honestly I doubt anyone is looking at the OP any more, much less for players. Looking at that list a bunch of those people don't even play SF now. You are better off just asking for people in the thread when you want to play. Or join Kadey's lobbies when she isn't streaming Gearzzzz of War. Or join us in #Gafranbats. Lots of scrubs in there you can beat up on! :D

Okay thanks, I'll keep that in mind.

Unfortunately I am a scrub myself :p

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
Yeah Randall and I doing it hardcore! In Gears.

You can watch us play. I've gotten pretty good at the game.

Measley

Rice-Eater said:
I have all 3 versions and am somewhat active on all 3. The 360 community is easily the strongest, more players and skill level is a little higher IMO. Plus you're more likely to run into known players there then on the other platforms if that matters to you.

Cool man.

I noticed that characters like Seth and Evil Ryu are playable. Are those like god-tier characters that completely break balance, or are all characters fairly balanced overall?

Also, what's a character you recommend for someone who hasn't played SF seriously since SFA3?

Threi said:
that's not teeth

ibuTXcvjf.png

that's teeth.

That's mostly gums really. :|

mb0c9h.jpg

Kadey said:
Yeah Randall and I doing it hardcore! In Gears.

You can watch us play. I've gotten pretty good at the game.

Gears is so bad that it made me start playing sf4 again. :) batman can't come soon enough.

Measley said:
Cool man.

I noticed that characters like Seth and Evil Ryu are playable. Are those like god-tier characters that completely break balance, or are all characters fairly balanced overall?

Also, what's a character you recommend for someone who hasn't played SF seriously since SFA3?

They may be god tier in cannon, but in the actual game neither are. Seth is considered mid or high mid while Evil Ryu is considered low mid or low. Funny that you ask though, these two are my two main characters, with Evil Ryu being my main go to guy.

As for who you should play, why not just play whoever you like the most back in SFA3? I'm sure everything will be familiar from the start so you have some idea of what to do. The other suggestion and a very popular one is just to play a Shoto like Ken or Ryu. They're good beginner characters who have most of the essential tools in this game that you should learn like a fireballs and good anti-airs for zoning, hit confirms, FADC into Ultra, and so on.

For those that like Ryan Hunter you guys should check out his new show, its sort of like Day9 Daily's but for sf

http://youtu.be/4uGlxVY4_UI

MIMIC

Banned
The slide in Fuerte's RSF doesn't work on other Fuertes. How fucking ironic, lol.

(thankfully, I only play another Fuerte once every 1,000 matches ^_^)

Corky

Nine out of ten orphans can't tell the difference.
MIMIC said:
(thankfully, I only play another Fuerte once every 1,000 matches ^_^)

Thankfully, it's the same for the rest of us. Bless the lord.

Here's a short list of vomitinducingly annoying characters to play against :

El Fuerte - sit still, please just sit still
Blanka - fuck your hitbox
Guile - stop it
T.Hawk - Oh lord what is this character
Dee Jay - Hate you because and ONLY because of your upkicks
Cammy - hey look at me I can do shitty moves that have retard hitboxes and still not get punished
Juri - playing you in a laggy match is my personal hell
Fei - ...
Gen - Forget Dee Jay, your kicks are worse. Drop dead old man.
Hakan - I hate you.

All of them, remove all of them from the game.

MIMIC

Banned
Corky said:

That move is Godlike. I've been resigned to just bait it out and punish it instead trying to beat it because it has so much priority. I think I've traded once. lol

Timedog

good credit (by proxy)
Corky said:
Thankfully, it's the same for the rest of us. Bless the lord.

Here's a short list of vomitinducingly annoying characters to play against :

El Fuerte - sit still, please just sit still
Blanka - fuck your hitbox
Guile - stop it
T.Hawk - Oh lord what is this character
Cammy - hey look at me I can do shitty moves that have retard hitboxes and still not get punished
Juri - playing you in a laggy match is my personal hell
Fei - ...
Gen - Forget Dee Jay, your kicks are worse. Drop dead old man.
Hakan - I hate you.

All of them, remove all of them from the game.

THANKS

YO DARTASTIC, YOU GOIN TO THE BEST BOUT TOURNAMENT THIS SATURDAY??? I MIGHT GO.

zlatko

Banned
Timedog said:
Eat Fresh motherfuckers, Eat Fresh.

Does SSF4 AE ever go on sale on Steam?

It hasn't yet, but it's bound to when holidays start rolling around for Steam sales. Halloween,Thanksgiving,xmas,etc.

Timedog

good credit (by proxy)
zlatko said:
It hasn't yet, but it's bound to when holidays start rolling around for Steam sales. Halloween,Thanksgiving,xmas,etc.
Eh, I wanted to get it to join the BeyondGaming tournament, but eh, I don't wanna pay 40 bucks.

zlatko

Banned
_dementia said:
No, just Yoshichan

trollface.jpg

But, but but, he has 40,000 subscribers on ONE of his channel. I'm pretty sure he could knock you out in real life and in street fighter.

*runs off*

Timedog

good credit (by proxy)
Does it even matter if i have a stream running while I play online as far as lag? Last night I played with a stream running and didn't notice any more lag than usual. I can run a bunch of streams at the same time, I'm not download limited, and streams aren't using upload, right?

Satyamdas

Banned
I've been downloading a file at like 1MB/s while playing and had no lag at all. Streams usually max out at 4-500KB/s, and are more commonly much lower than that, so having one on during play is nothing really. The most important thing is ping and upload.

SF4 uses about 8KB/s up and down, and even though I have 2Mb up, if I am using ANY upload at all, it makes the game unplayable. You have a lot of leeway with download, but be sure there is absolutely nothing being uploaded as you play.

zlatko

Banned
Heavy's Sandvich said:
Could you explain this please?

I'm not a GAF link wizard, but the short of it is Yoshi has probably gone through 10+ keyboards at this point, and has destroyed more than just that from rage with losing in Starcraft 2. Multiple times has taken the game off his harddrive(did it just this last few days), only to reinstall. Calls the game broken, etc. Oh and I should note the keyboards aren't cheapo's you can pick up, but like expensive as hell ones that probably go for $150+ a pop.

Hence his tag: Rage Apologist.

Lost Fragment

Obsessed with 4chan
zlatko said:
I'm not a GAF link wizard, but the short of it is Yoshi has probably gone through 10+ keyboards at this point, and has destroyed more than just that from rage with losing in Starcraft 2. Multiple times has taken the game off his harddrive(did it just this last few days), only to reinstall. Calls the game broken, etc. Oh and I should note the keyboards aren't cheapo's you can pick up, but like expensive as hell ones that probably go for $150+ a pop.

Hence his tag: Rage Apologist.

Isn't that the same dude that threw a perfectly good TE in the trash when Wolfkrone won some major with pad?

Dude must have rich parents or something, because he also commonly talks about playing games for 12+ hours a day.

biosnake20 said:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lSuJh66w5Go&feature=mfu_in_order&list=UL
This sakura must be so salty after this match.
He was about to win 2-0 and stood up to celebrate because he thought the ultra hadoken won it for him. But he did it and it partially whiffed and sagat took the round and went on the win that match and the next.

The saddest part of that video is the commentators.

"Knockdown... tatsu didn't payorf... UPPACUT!!"
"UPPACUT!" "OH UPPACUT" *uppercut fadc uppercut* "OHH UPPACUT!!!"

with absolutely no context. Fuck, anyone who is braindead can see that he did an uppercut. What kind of shitty commentary is this?

Not even stuff like explaining baits or reads... sigh

zlatko

Banned
Lost Fragment said:
Isn't that the same dude that threw a perfectly good TE in the trash when Wolfkrone won some major with pad?

Dude must have rich parents or something, because he also commonly talks about playing games for 12+ hours a day.

Haha SF4 GAF blowing Yoshi up and he's not even here for it.

Someone here has played with him in real life though right? Corky I think it was? Corky did you have to wrap all your things in bubble wrap or were you wise to throw some fights when you saw the Bruce Banner veins and heard the grunts knowing a transformation was coming ?

<3 Yoshi aside from the rage.

Yoshi is bored waiting for his copy of Dark Souls. He was referring in one post that it was a good thing that SF GAF wasn't there to blow him up about breaking stuff.

Timedog

good credit (by proxy)
If he trashed a stick and trashed that many keyboards just during the time that Starcraft has been out, the dude is probably rich and super entitled. That's so stupid.

Top Bottom