• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Street Fighter 4 Arcade Edition |OT4| Daigo Who?

I could never get into RTS games. I'm always too busy watching my guys dig for gold or whatever, so while I'm doing that my opponent has already assembled a platoon that is halfway across the map coming to get me.

Leunam

_dementia said:
No, he plays just 3SOE and SP games instead

You sure the Yun nerfs weren't what did it? Before the nerfs he was gloating about how Yun-Abel was 10-0 because he never lost to one. I think I remember him going on about the changes after they were announced and he was none too pleased. Then of course he switched to 3S and played Chun so he could pwn some more and would gloat about winning with nothing but normals.

Maybe I'm thinking of someone else.

Timedog

good credit (by proxy)
Professor Beef said:
I could never get into RTS games. I'm always too busy watching my guys dig for gold or whatever, so while I'm doing that my opponent has already assembled a platoon that is halfway across the map coming to get me.
Those types of games I think are actually more fun vs. the computer.

Leunam said:
You sure the Yun nerfs weren't what did it? Before the nerfs he was gloating about how Yun-Abel was 10-0 because he never lost to one. I think I remember him going on about the changes after they were announced and he was none too pleased. Then of course he switched to 3S and played Chun so he could pwn some more and would gloat about winning with nothing but normals.

Sure sounds like him. I definitely remember him moaning about the Yun changes.

Professor Beef said:
Ditto, I'm a bit too retarded to split up that many tasks.

zlatko

Banned
Rickenslacker said:
Ditto, I'm a bit too retarded to split up that many tasks.

I never played a RTS till SC2, and I managed to get up to gold league when I was trying to learn it/get serious about it. My multi tasking is horrible, but I was still able to overcome that by learning the game and just repetition. Sort of like my execution in fighting games at first is super ass, but with enough repetition I'll learn the combo.

Corky needs to let us know is Yoshi rich? Not sure how he can afford all these nice things and games without a crazy good job or access to a parents funds.

I could never trash my TE stick. It's too sexy, and one of the rare TE Round 2's. :D

Leunam said:

Oh, maybe he did then.

Anyone wanna hop on psn and give my dan some matches??

edit - if we're talking rts games, I used to play the fucking shit out of W3/FT, and when the game first came out it had the cheapest most rage inducing shit (namely tower rush, and OP huntresses), and in general just being a noob to shit like early game harrass. Eventually shit got toned down but there were still just some inane matchups in that game that were stupid (being undead, playing vs. orc was pretty much a tossup of being able to win at t1 or get to t3.) It didn't help that at the time, I didn't have the critical thinking that I do now, so usually i'd have just straight up white people rage whenever I thought I'd lose to random stuff, even though I felt i was a technically better player than the other person.

For what it's worth, I was really excited about playing SC2, but I just never got a computer capable for it and i kinda missed that boat. I hate playing catchup so I don't know if i'll even attempt it in the future.

zlatko

Banned
_dementia said:
Oh, maybe he did then.

It's around page 69 of this thread he talks about leaving AE because of the 2012 changes, and I think it's 65ish or so he is talking about how Abel vs Yun will be a 9-1 match up for Abel now because of the Cr. HP buffs(returned back to how it was in Super for Abel).

SMH.

zlatko said:
It's around page 69 of this thread he talks about leaving AE because of the 2012 changes, and I think it's 65ish or so he is talking about how Abel vs Yun will be a 9-1 match up for Abel now because of the Cr. HP buffs(returned back to how it was in Super for Abel).

SMH.
Makes me wish I had a 360 so I could body his Yun with Hawk.

zlatko said:

SMH.
Wow, stay free.

Timedog

good credit (by proxy)
Hatemail trolling is so much easier when i can type it with my fingers on PC version.

edit: HOLY SHIT. I just played a Fei Long who I safe jump > blocked, while he tried to reversal flame kick about 8 times in a row. He's like the Fei Long version of myself: "I don't give a shit, I'll mash the same motion until you win the round or until time runs out, then I'll play normal and beat you in the next couple rounds."

That's what's up. Uppercut troll - not because it's effective, not because it looks good, but just because you can.

The dude DC'ed after the troll though. He was going to lose over 100pp anyway, "why not ragequit?" he thought.

gutabo

Question: Using honda, let's say I can link ultra 1 with a not-so-hard meterless combo against a specific standing character(T. Hawk) anywhere on the screen. How much does the matchup change?

gutabo said:
Question: Using honda, let's say I can link ultra 1 with a not-so-hard meterless combo against a specific standing character(T. Hawk) anywhere on the screen. How much does the matchup change?
no change, Honda vs T Hawk is so free for Honda anyways.

Hey gg's professor beef and immortal earlier, sorry about the rage quit, dog was dieing to pee *_* But I would have raged from the beatdowns anyways!!

Cloudius12 said:
no change, Honda vs T Hawk is so free for Honda anyways.
Pretty much this. Besides, scaling would probably hurt the combo too much against all his health, unless you have a reset in there somewhere.

FindMyFarms said:
Hey gg's professor beef and immortal earlier, sorry about the rage quit, dog was dieing to pee *_* But I would have raged from the beatdowns anyways!!
That was a ragequit? I just figured you had something to do or your connection got borked or something. GGs though.

gutabo

Professor Beef said:
Pretty much this. Besides, scaling would probably hurt the combo too much against all his health, unless you have a reset in there somewhere.
It's a simple combo that does at least 511 damage. If T.Hawk is crouching the combo with a simple variation works too, and does more damage. Like I said, meterless.

EDIT: Why do you think Honda owns T Hawk? I haven't played AE...

Professor Beef said:

That was a ragequit? I just figured you had something to do or your connection got borked or something. GGs though.

Oh no i didn't actually rage lol, like i said the puppy started actin up and really had to pee, so i took her out. I just call it rage quit since i disappeared lol.

gutabo said:
It's a simple combo that does at least 511 damage. If T.Hawk is crouching the combo with a simple variation works too, and does more damage. Like I said, meterless.

Honda can sit on a life lead and throw out headbutts for chip since they're safe on block against Hawk.

Corky

Nine out of ten orphans can't tell the difference.
zlatko said:
Corky needs to let us know is Yoshi rich? Not sure how he can afford all these nice things and games without a crazy good job or access to a parents funds.

Lol I don't know :( , will get back to you with spyphotos when I've been at his place. We could plot a kidnapping scheme and take all his monies.

Timedog

good credit (by proxy)
someone needs to give us some links to Yoshi's shenanigans. I bet that thread is wayyyyyy to big to troll through.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
What the hell is going on here?

I leave this thread for a day and all this crap is spreading?

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
All of this started from _dementia just pasting a video of DSP?! What the fuck... I feel that I need to clarify a couple of things here before this takes the wrong turn (which it seems to have already done).

El Sloth said:
Does he even still play SSIV?
I play AE and 3s. I do a session every week, where I play around 200 games.
zlatko said:
Yun nerfs were too much for him?
Yeah, but the patch isn't live yet so I'm playing (and winning) until then. After that, it's 3s for across-the-board.
_dementia said:
Pandaman and Yoshichan, two SF-gaf orphans lost to SC2
Never compare me to Panda, please! We're two completely different people, he likes ponies, I like dinosaurs.
zlatko said:
I'm not a GAF link wizard, but the short of it is Yoshi has probably gone through 10+ keyboards at this point, and has destroyed more than just that from rage with losing in Starcraft 2. Multiple times has taken the game off his harddrive(did it just this last few days), only to reinstall. Calls the game broken, etc. Oh and I should note the keyboards aren't cheapo's you can pick up, but like expensive as hell ones that probably go for $150+ a pop.
I'm not going to lie, it's a lot more than 10 keyboards. Most of them were pretty expensive but I'm still positive that "perfect intelligent raging" (if you haven't heard about it, step your game up) is something I'm striving for.
Lost Fragment said:
Isn't that the same dude that threw a perfectly good TE in the trash when Wolfkrone won some major with pad?
When Inthul got #3, I decided to throw it in the trash. Yes. I still regret nothing.
Lost Fragment said:
Dude must have rich parents or something, because he also commonly talks about playing games for 12+ hours a day.
I've had a full time job for a long period of time. This company just recently went bankrupt and we had to quit our jobs. I have money.
Cloudius12 said:
Yoshi is bored waiting for his copy of Dark Souls. He was referring in one post that it was a good thing that SF GAF wasn't there to blow him up about breaking stuff.
I can't avoid you guys, apparently :/
Leunam said:
You're thinking of me.
the_log_ride said:
I recall him (or someone) moaning about the Yun/Rog matchup being in Rog's favor. lol
AE was brand new and my Yun was unpolished (from 3s). It's 10:0 now.
Professor Beef said:
Makes me wish I had a 360 so I could body his Yun with Hawk.
Please tell me you're joking. It's 11:0.
_dementia said:
Wow, stay free.
Stay aggro, hater!
Professor Beef said:
Troll.

Now that that's done... may I leave this thread and expect you guys to not talk anymore shit? Good! I have Dark Souls to return to ♥

edit: Hey, I really shouldn't have done all that quote-work. This post should've just been these two quotes. I rest my case.
Professor Beef said:
Timedog said:
Those types of games I think are actually more fun vs. the computer.

Timedog

good credit (by proxy)
"perfect intelligent raging"

"I have money"

Good lord. Good fucking god. The money that he wasted on expensive punching bags could have probably saved several people's lives.

Yoshichan

Timedog said:
Good lord. Good fucking god. The money that he wasted on expensive punching bags could have probably saved several people's lives.
Yes, let's now turn this into how "Yoshichan could've saved peoples life in Africa if he didn't break his own shit!". With bolded text, front page discussion!
I'm donating every month to Zimbabwe. I've also worked for a company where my job was to get people to send the stuff they don't need to multiple countries in Africa. So please, PLEASE don't take this subject up again.

zlatko

Banned
Ya'll need to get off Yoshi's nuts. Like mentioned, aside from his rage, he's a cool dude with good tastes in vidja games.

:( There's infinitely worse people on GAF, or were on GAF, like certain people who take DOTA 2 beta keys and score 3K off it.

Side note I get my copy of Dark Souls later today I hope Yoshi. Hope you are enjoying it. :)

Aruarian Reflection

Chauffeur de la gdlk
I started playing SC2 when the free starter pack hit and enjoyed it, so I bought the full game a couple weeks ago. Playing on the ladder is pretty fun since I don't take it seriously and they do a good job of matching me against similarly skilled players. The GAF SC2 community isn't that welcoming though, since they seem to ignore all my posts. I've found the Something Awful official threads to be quite helpful for beginners.

Professor Beef said:
You do know that Yun loses to T. Hawk, right? I'm not saying it's free, but it's certainly not a "lol yun wins" matchup.

Can you borrow your dad's 360 or something cuz this possible match sounds great lol.

maybe not but hey

Corky

Nine out of ten orphans can't tell the difference.
Yoshichan said:
I play AE and 3s. I do a session every week, where I play around 200 games.

cB82u.jpg

I'm too sad to copy paste a blanka face on the girl to the right... but you get the gist of it.

zlatko

Banned
Aruarian Reflection said:
I started playing SC2 when the free starter pack hit and enjoyed it, so I bought the full game a couple weeks ago. Playing on the ladder is pretty fun since I don't take it seriously and they do a good job of matching me against similarly skilled players. The GAF SC2 community isn't that welcoming though, since they seem to ignore all my posts. I've found the Something Awful official threads to be quite helpful for beginners.

That's weird SC2 GAF helped me out a ton to up my game, but at the same time it's all about how much you put in yourself too. They just lead me to the right places for info, and of course GAF night on Wednesdays is fun times.

PM me if you got any questions, and such. ;)

gutabo said:

i havent tried the ultra 1 link off of medium hands...does it only work on large hitbox characters like gief and hawk?

Lost Fragment

Obsessed with 4chan
Yoshichan said:
I'm not going to lie, it's a lot more than 10 keyboards. Most of them were pretty expensive but I'm still positive that "perfect intelligent raging" (if you haven't heard about it, step your game up) is something I'm striving for.

Do tell.

Yoshichan said:
I've had a full time job for a long period of time. This company just recently went bankrupt and we had to quit our jobs. I have money.

Pretty sure when FF13 came out you were posting about playing it for 12 hours a day for days on end, but whatev.

kissenger

Banned
Capcom is ruining this game with their "balance" changes. Everytime anyone figures out how to do something cool with a character, Capcom says they're OP and they need to be nerfed. No one should ever be nerfed unless it's something ridiculous (e.g. an unblockable infinite). They should just boost the lower tiers until they are competitive.

Top Bottom