• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Street Fighter 4 Arcade Edition |OT4| Daigo Who?

Anth0ny

FindMyFarms said:
Marvel's main problem is it's just not as international. SF4 having players all over the world makes the large tourneys hype as fuck.

Yup. Honestly, SF4 is a snorefest when international players aren't in there. No matter how high the level of play is. Besides Latif vs. Justin at Devastation, AE top 8 was really boring at Devastation.

Marvel, on the other hand, is fantastic even without international players. When Tokido mixed things up at CEO, shit got real.

That being said, the top 8 of SF4 at Evo is unparalleled hype in the world of competitive video games. Not even Marvel is at that level. And since a solid amount of international players will be at Seasons Beatings, I'll be looking forward to AE very much this weekend.

Speaking of Seasons Beatings, they uploaded Justin Wong vs. Daigo from SB 2009. I remember watching that on the stream. Shit was so hype!

And I miss the Vanilla announcer!

Anth0ny said:
Yup. Honestly, SF4 is a snorefest when international players aren't in there. No matter how high the level of play is. Besides Latif vs. Justin at Devastation, AE top 8 was really boring.

Marvel, on the other hand, is fantastic even without international players. When Tokido mixed things up at CEO, shit got real.

I hate to admit it, but I share similar sentiments. Even in Majors, I can't really get excited for it unless Japan or other countries invade(sorry Canada, you guys don't count). I guess we've been spoiled lately with top international players traveling to foreign tournaments. So we get a chance to see there best against our best or other countries best(like Shadowloo Showdown 2K11). When they don't or can't come, things just seem kind of dull, like Summer Jam for example. Although I id love Devastation, it kind of seem like some players were able to reinvigorate there hunger to win SF4.

And in the same way, I loved the fact that Tokido won Marvel at CEO. Not because I want the Japanese to win, but because that presented a new foreign threat to the series that America has dominated with the likes that we've probably never seen another country dominate a particular series. He wasn't able to repeat that performance at EVO but I hope he can still finish high, if for nothing else then to present that foreign threat and keep things more interesting.

kitzkozan

Anth0ny said:
Yup. Honestly, SF4 is a snorefest when international players aren't in there. No matter how high the level of play is. Besides Latif vs. Justin at Devastation, AE top 8 was really boring at Devastation.

That being said, the top 8 of SF4 at Evo is unparalleled hype in the world of competitive video games. Not even Marvel is at that level. And since a solid amount of international players will be at Seasons Beatings, I'll be looking forward to AE very much this weekend.

Speaking of Seasons Beatings, they uploaded Justin Wong vs. Daigo from SB 2009. I remember watching that on the stream. Shit was so hype!

And I miss the Vanilla announcer!

It's funny that you would say that, because Godsgarden was hype and it was mostly just japanese players. :p The level of play has definitively slipped with AE in the US. Lot's of people going on a lethargic streak by sticking to their mains like Fchamp or PR Balrog+nobody mastering either Yun or Yang.

Quite frankly, only reason I will watch some pool play of SFIV at SB is to see the japanese players+Poongko.

I don't know why Jago thought the mlg contracts suck. The contracts are only there if you want mlg to give you a stipend so you can fly out to the event. The only restriction to the contract is if there is another event during an MLG event, you go to the MLG event. I don't know why that is so bad.

Rice-Eater said:
Confirmed earlier on Cross Counter Live, but Daigo will be attending Canada Cup and be the 5th member of Team Japan.
What about for seasons beatings? He was a maybe before, has there been any confirmation?

KidA Seven said:
I don't know why Jago thought the mlg contracts suck. The contracts are only there if you want mlg to give you a stipend so you can fly out to the event. The only restriction to the contract is if there is another event during an MLG event, you go to the MLG event. I don't know why that is so bad.
which happens alot. Some majors (including evo sbo and some of the annual majors) fall on the same weekend as mlg tournaments that fighting game players would rather go to and mlg would outright deny them the ability to go citing said contract especially when fighting games are like a side thing for mlg.

AkumaHokoru said:
which happens alot. Some majors (including evo sbo and some of the annual majors) fall on the same weekend as mlg tournaments that fighting game players would rather go to and mlg would outright deny them the ability to go citing said contract especially when fighting games are like a side thing for mlg.

Well I remember Sundance the CEO saying that he would work with the fighting game community so that it doesn't happen and Street Fighter would not be a side tournament because of the size of the fighting game community. Starcraft has taken over Halo because of that fact. They get more content, spectating chairs, a bigger stage, etc... They will get larger prize money next year compared to this year. The whole contract thing only happened to Halo players anyways, and every other player from a different game have not had to deal with those contracts.

Edit: That's Maeda Taison? I have never seen him before for some reason.

KidA Seven said:
Well I remember Sundance the CEO saying that he would work with the fighting game community so that it doesn't happen and Street Fighter would not be a side tournament because of the size of the fighting game community. Starcraft has taken over Halo because of that fact. They get more content, spectating chairs, a bigger stage, etc... They will get larger prize money next year compared to this year. The whole contract thing only happened to Halo players anyways, and every other player from a different game have not had to deal with those contracts.
yes that fell through though.

Lost Fragment

Obsessed with 4chan

Joekage

Lost Fragment said:
Was it confiscated by TSA, or did Ryan get it stolen at the airport? If it's the latter, it's still fucked up, but not quite as fucked up.

If it was taken by the airport, then I'd be calling all the news channels and putting those fuckers on blast.

Pretty sure the TSA confiscated it for further review and never returned it. Most likely because he was a foreigner. With this happening to Spooky and Ryan Hart, it looks like traveling via air is gonna be more of a hassle for fighting game players especially if you're travelling internationally. I understand the risk and the unfamiliarity that TSA agents have with the sticks and streaming equipment but they should do research first before blindly and deliberately STEALING peoples things and selling/keeping them for themselves...

eissan

Lost Fragment said:
Was it confiscated by TSA, or did Ryan get it stolen at the airport? If it's the latter, it's still fucked up, but not quite as fucked up.

If it was taken by the airport, then I'd be calling all the news channels and putting those fuckers on blast.

this!

send that info to all left wing media outlet and let'em go nuts!

Satyamdas

Banned
eissan said:
this!

send that info to all left wing media outlet and let'em go nuts!
Calm down, Rachel Maddow. MarkMan's post said that it was "lost" at the airport, not "confiscated" by the TSA. Let's make sure it wasn't actually lost or stolen before we start going Keith Olbermann all up in this bitch.

vulva

having flown in the US a few times now with my stick, both times I`ve had no issues, but always worried a bit about it potentially causing issues. The fact that it's a legitimate concern that it could, not only be confiscated, but stolen for profit is a bit alarming. I mean, clearly we need more details and some clarity from Ryan Hart about if it was TSA... but this is a pretty serious issue.

I know people were talking about TSA issues before with privacy violations but this is just another step towards the worst.

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag
Hey guys, I have a request for someone who's proficient with Ryu.

Can someone create a video showing Ryu's crouching MP xx MP xx HK link combo being done 10 times in a row?

An infamous friend of mine (long-time members know who!) claims this is "IMPOSSIBLE" and that nobody can pull this off.

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag
Lost Fragment said:
I just did it 6 times in a row and I don't even play Ryu. So yea give me a minute or 10.

Awesome, thanks! Yeah, I don't play Ryu either...when he claimed it was impossible to pull off consistently, I happened to have my 3DS out, loaded up SSF4 3D Edition, and did the combo in Ryu's challenge mode after one initial attempt, lol.

Timedog

good credit (by proxy)
Lyte Edge said:
Awesome, thanks! Yeah, I don't play Ryu either...when he claimed it was impossible to pull off consistently, I happened to have my 3DS out, loaded up SSF4 3D Edition, and did the combo in Ryu's challenge mode after one initial attempt, lol.

I could imagine the 3DS version being different, frame wise. With plinking it is certainly doable. Doing it without plinking would be 2-3 times harder, but certainly doable. I've probably done it like 7-8 times in a row (no plinking) in training mode randomly, and it's not something I really practice.

Joekage

Lyte Edge said:
Hey guys, I have a request for someone who's proficient with Ryu.

Can someone create a video showing Ryu's crouching MP xx MP xx HK link combo being done 10 times in a row?

An infamous friend of mine (long-time members know who!) claims this is "IMPOSSIBLE" and that nobody can pull this off.

I do play Ryu and this combo is ridiculously easy to pull off, even more so if you plink. It's one of Ryu's BnB's and as a result, any Ryu player should be able to pull this off 10 times in a row haha. It helps that the combo is rhythm based and only really requires a specific timing of button presses. Once you have the timing, barring lag, you should be able to hit that consistently everytime even though the low strong into sweep is a one frame.

Now someone do cr.lp xx cl.mp xx cr.hp into criminal upper 10 times in a row with Cody lol. Even as a Cody player I cant do it 10 times in a row. I get to like 8 times then fuck up.

Top Bottom