• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Street Fighter 4 Arcade Edition |OT4| Daigo Who?

jlai

the_log_ride said:
A troll. A Norweigan troll that brings about chaos.

edit: top of the page!

Anybody going to SCR in December?

I might. I'll actually have a chance against the twins since they should be using 2012!

MIMIC

Banned
I played a Yun that abused Yun's palm & backdash combo. @_@

Granted, he was still pretty good but it was annoying nonetheless.

MIMIC said:
I played a Yun that abused Yun's palm & backdash combo. @_@

Granted, he was still pretty good but it was annoying nonetheless.

This was one of the first things I noticed while facing my friend's Yun. You can't just leave him alone. You have to go after him or he'll have a full super stock given enough time. Can't wait for the new balance patch, need them Evil Ryu buffs now.

zlatko

Banned
the_log_ride said:
God dammit. Need dat 2012 NOW

trollfromcommunity.jpg

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHA! I swear it's been like MONTHS since I laughed as hard as I did during that episode on that scene. I KNEW it was coming, and I just busted out. My sides hurt.

+10000000000 respect points

Timedog

good credit (by proxy)
zlatko said:
trollfromcommunity.jpg

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHA! I swear it's been like MONTHS since I laughed as hard as I did during that episode on that scene. I KNEW it was coming, and I just busted out. My sides hurt.

+10000000000 respect points

What is this from??? And what episode???

Those are the only two details I need.

So according to twitter, LapChi might try to get Team Kuwait for the 5v5. Also, Xian says Zhi will replace one of the Singapore players, specifically Mango.

Sorry if old.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
I'm always trolling whenever I pick Yun, he's so overpowered when it comes to safe options.

But yeah, a lot of times I have no idea who I'm playing until the match is long over. I usually play a little more serious if I know I'm going against a top player or something.

Hook me up Hito.

sf4 noob here, just have two questions:

1) Why is Yang considered more "Defensive" than Yun? I keep seeing it around the forums but don't understand why

2) Anybody play Adon? He's got mobility and a DP but kinda meh damage, I was just curious if he was worth giving a shot?

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag
Bought a TE stick last night. Local Fry's had a Chun-Li TE for 360. It was a returned item, but the sales guy said that it had only been out for a day or two before it came back. The stick seems okay, but something just feels off about it. Thing is, I'm a pad player so it's difficult for me to tell. Should the buttons feel a little loose, and the ball on the stick extremely loose?

This may just be part of the process of adjusting to sticks again, but I feel so much more comfortable with a fight pad.

Timedog

good credit (by proxy)
Lyte Edge said:
Bought a TE stick last night. Local Fry's had a Chun-Li TE for 360. It was a returned item, but the sales guy said that it had only been out for a day or two before it came back. The stick seems okay, but something just feels off about it. Thing is, I'm a pad player so it's difficult for me to tell. Should the buttons feel a little loose, and the ball on the stick extremely loose?

What do you mean by loose (for both the stick and the buttons). Can you describe it a little more?

Lyte Edge

Timedog said:
What do you mean by loose (for both the stick and the buttons). Can you describe it a little more?

The ball top can be rotated quite easily. Feels like it's unscrewed, but it's not. Was wondering if that's normal or if it shouldn't move at all.

The buttons just feel very sensitive to the touch. I barely even touch the A button on the select screen, and it picks a character and ultra immediately (turbo is of course not on).

Lyte Edge

AZ Greg said:
That's all normal lyte.

OK, cool. So it's just part of the adjustment process. I still may end up returning it though...I think I am a pad player through and through.

Timedog

good credit (by proxy)
Lyte Edge said:
The ball top can be rotated quite easily. Feels like it's unscrewed, but it's not. Was wondering if that's normal or if it shouldn't move at all.

The buttons just feel very sensitive to the touch. I barely even touch the A button on the select screen, and it picks a character and ultra immediately (turbo is of course not on).

That's completly normal for the buttons. You'll love it once you get used to it, sucks for the first like week or so.

My balltop is like that too, but I think it might be because the balltop isn't screwed on right. I'm gonna take it apart soon and see.

Nyoro SF

Lyte Edge said:

There should be a flathead screw on the bottom of the mechanism of the stick. Turn that while holding the balltop still and tighten it hard. Shouldn't unscrew any longer.

Nyoro SF said:
There should be a flathead screw on the bottom of the mechanism of the stick. Turn that while holding the balltop still and tighten it hard. Shouldn't unscrew any longer.

I think it might not be the actual ball that's rotating, but the whole shaft of the stick. I don't think you can do anything about the shaft rotation. It's perfectly normal though.

DjangoReinhardt

Thinks he should have been the one to kill Batman's parents.
finalboss2 said:
sf4 noob here, just have two questions:

1) Why is Yang considered more "Defensive" than Yun? I keep seeing it around the forums but don't understand why

2) Anybody play Adon? He's got mobility and a DP but kinda meh damage, I was just curious if he was worth giving a shot?
1. Command dash and FADC-able DP.

2. Adon's somewhere around the low end of the top third of characters in AE.

Top Bottom