• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Street Fighter 4 Arcade Edition |OT4| Daigo Who?

dragonballjoseph said:
Just got back from Ohio. Loads of fun there. Got to play against Uryo, Mago, and Tokido.
I went 2-6 with Uryo, 2-3 with Mago, and 4-2 with Tokido. Perfected Tokido and darn near double perfected Mago. ^_^
good shit

Timedog

good credit (by proxy)
Lost Fragment said:
Nah ex soul spiral sucks.

Not sure why you think it's hard to punish when you play a character that has a 3-frame reversal that can be FADC'd into ultra.

When actually used correctly, when it's used more towards the edge of it's range, it's hard to punish. I just looked it up, it's -6. Akuma's sweep (considered hard to punish) is -9. But yeah, with that as well you have to use it at the edge of it's range or else you'll get hurt. 11 invincibility frames means it works as a reversal and can punish missed block strings/frame traps.

Vice

All of Rose's drills are hard to punish when you space them out. Ex-drill is a very mediocre reversal. More throw invulnerability on start-up or a few less recovery frames are the only buffs it could get without bouncing up to retarded levels though

Corky

Nine out of ten orphans can't tell the difference.
dragonballjoseph said:
Just got back from Ohio. Loads of fun there. Got to play against Uryo, Mago, and Tokido.
I went 2-6 with Uryo, 2-3 with Mago, and 4-2 with Tokido. Perfected Tokido and darn near double perfected Mago. ^_^

God damn man...

USD said:
New episode of AmalgameTV will be going live in about 30 minutes. Frieda and Fubar will be discussing the results of Season's Beatings: Velocity. Frieda also wants to talk about how MvC3 play has changed from EVO to SB.

Will tune in. It's good practice for japanese too.

PhatSaqs

Banned
Vice said:
All of Rose's drills are hard to punish when you space them out. Ex-drill is a very mediocre reversal. More throw invulnerability on start-up or a few less recovery frames are the only buffs it could get without bouncing up to retarded levels though
All it really (really) needs is for the active frames to kick in earlier. More damage would be great as well.

Corky

Holy shi... I thought that was a static image of Art xD, didn't realize it was a clip. Damn, if looks could rape/kill

been trying to catch up on the season's beating vids. Man, Momochi's Cody is scary.

And I really dig Art's commentary....very knowledgeable but he doesn't sound so dry like Killian.

BotoxAgent said:
been trying to catch up on the season's beating vids. Man, Momochi's Cody is scary.

And I really dig Art's commentary....very knowledgeable but he doesn't sound so dry like Killian.

Seth is a commentary god.

Bizazedo

Seth is pretty good.

I actually liked the Art + Ultradavid pairing.

At least when they weren't disagreeing or correcting what they meant when they tried to explain a point to each other.

Corky

Alright gaf, drop some steaming hot knowledge on me.

You're seth and you catch your opponent with a close/deep tandem. Do you pick...

bachelor no 1) cl.hp xx hk legs
bachelor no 2) c.hp xx lp srk , triple stomp + divekick
bachelor no 3) c.hp, j.mp, hp srk.

?

Timedog

good credit (by proxy)
I played Fei for the first time since trying him out for like an hour in Vanilla. I might have a new secondary. I really need to practice that multiple fireball motion thing, right now I'm just mashing that shit. I also need to get a better idea of properties and horizontal hitbox of his flame kick. It might also help if I knew what his links were.

Chavelo

Corky said:

You're seth and you catch your opponent with a close/deep tandem. Do you pick...

?

bachelor no 4) Drink Red Bull.

Corky

Chavelo said:
bachelor no 4) Drink Red Bull.

5yvj8ockcf.gif

Corky said:

?

If you're pretty confident that you got them with a deep tanden then I'd choose bachelor #2. Most damaging combo of the 3, and gives you a mix up opportunity. It's the best of both worlds, no reason to use any other combo unless you're unsure. If you are unsure then the preferred combo seems to be either cr. LP, cl. HP, SRK(midscreen) or legs(corner).

Corky

Rice-Eater said:
If you're pretty confident that you got them with a deep tanden then I'd choose bachelor #2. Most damaging combo of the 3, and gives you a mix up opportunity. It's the best of both worlds, no reason to use any other combo unless you're unsure. If you are unsure then the preferred combo seems to be either cr. LP, cl. HP, SRK(midscreen) or legs(corner).

Yeah I thought as much. Yup whenever I feel like it's going to be a tight window I'll just do c.lp, c.hp xx legs/srk.

Though I wouldn't mind figuring out some of "my own" mixups. One I do that I don't really see others do is :

c.hp, j.mp , cl.hp reset (xx) mp/hp tanden : what happens here alot of people think that ( most likely because of the spacing ) I'm going to do stretch arms after the reset so sometime they'll nj or even better they'll FA, which of course the tandem eats up. Problem is of course that if the opponent is fearless he can just do a jump in, and go right over the tandem. Then again you could mix it up with canceling into lp tandem after the hp reset and I'm fairly sure that you get to recover just in time to AA a jump in.

nicoga3000 said:
PS3 or PC for this? Which is the more active community???

PS3 by a landslide. I play the same 5 people on PC ranked for the last 2 months. =(

ACTUALLY WAIT NO COME TO PC PLZ. IT'S GREAT OVER HERE ON PC! :D

zlatko

Banned
BotoxAgent said:
dont get me wrong, I agree. But sometimes...he needs a more colorful co-commentator to balance it out.

That's how it's always been though. You need 1 brainy analyzer and then one off the cuff hype machine.

I think my favorite S.kill pairing would be him and Magus when he's drunk. ;D

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
narcosis219 said:
PS3 by a landslide. I play the same 5 people on PC ranked for the last 2 months. =(

ACTUALLY WAIT NO COME TO PC PLZ. IT'S GREAT OVER HERE ON PC! :D

What a selling point! ;)

How is the stock PS3 controller for fighters? Never played one with it, although it can't be any worse than the shitty 360 controller holy ass

Aedile

nicoga3000 said:
PS3 or PC for this? Which is the more active community???

The PS3 community is somewhat larger than the PC community, which is counterbalanced by the fact that the PS3 netcode (or PSN itself) is pretty poor while the PC netcode is pretty good. I have both and haven't played on PS3 since the PC version came out (except for Gafbats).

Only wrinkle: I don't know when AE 2012 is coming out on PC. If it's not at roughly the same time as on console, that would suck.

nicoga3000 said:
What a selling point! ;)

How is the stock PS3 controller for fighters? Never played one with it, although it can't be any worse than the shitty 360 controller holy ass
I use a Dualshock 3, and it's fantastic.

jlai

AE PC players add me! I am also growing tired of playing the same 5 people in endless since there aren't many ranked matches available unless I want to gamble 128 pp for 1 pp

GT: jlai

Robot Pants

Corky said:

?

If they are close enough to push them into the corner, #1. You can still get the head stomps in there, then you have the corner advantage. Otherwise, yea #2. Keep them close to you.

Corky

Robot Pants said:
If they are close enough to push them into the corner, #1. You can still get the head stomps in there, then you have the corner advantage. Otherwise, yea #2. Keep them close to you.

Actually if I'm close to the corner I'd rather do :

cl.hk , c.mp xx legs etc

Robot Pants

Corky said:
Actually if I'm close to the corner I'd rather do :

cl.hk , c.mp xx legs etc

You could probably do that, but doesn't combo 1 do more damage? And what I mean is IF combo #1 would push them into the corner. HK legs pushes them a huge distance

Corky

Robot Pants said:
You could probably do that, but doesn't combo 1 do more damage? And what I mean is IF combo #1 would push them into the corner. HK legs pushes them a huge distance

doing cl. hk c.mp xx legs does actually do abit more damage than just cl.hp xx legs. Although the extra damage comes at harder input.

Top Bottom