• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Street Fighter 4 Arcade Edition |OT4| Daigo Who?

El Sloth said:
Huh. Didn't know Eventhubs had hitbox stuff.

Thanks! Looks like I'll be sticking with st.hk for my long range pokes.

It's be nice if at the end of the hitbox it'd extend a bit vertically to use it as a far anti-air. Otherwise I don't see why I'd ever need to use it.

Soul Piede is going to be getting buffed in ssf4 2012. It's hitbox is great and it's hurt box is great as well. As for wanting the regular HP to be more of an anti air, go fuck yourself. Roses cr HP is fucking godlike, Kappa.

El Sloth

Banned
I know Soul Piede is going back to it's Vanilla version. I'd just like an actual use for st.hp.

Also, because I'm greedy as fuck, ex.drill buff go go go.

El Sloth said:
I know Soul Piede is going back to it's Vanilla version. I'd just like an actual use for st.hp.

Also, because I'm greedy as fuck, ex.drill buff go go go.

ST HP is basically an invulnerable normal. It's use is that it's a free hit at the right range. Out poke fireballers with it.

Also, ex drill buff? Comeonman.jpg

Airan

I love Chun Li players. 9/10 times they WILL start a round with neutral jump HK.

Perfect crotch opening for an fukiage combo <3

El Sloth said:
Huh. Didn't know Eventhubs had hitbox stuff.

Thanks! Looks like I'll be sticking with st.hk for my long range pokes.

It's be nice if at the end of the hitbox it'd extend a bit vertically to use it as a far anti-air. Otherwise I don't see why I'd ever need to use it.

Where'd you find these by the way?
they were on torrent before, ever single character in SSFIV, I have a back up of everything.

El Sloth

Banned
Cloudius12 said:
they were on torrent before, ever single character in SSFIV, I have a back up of everything.
Damn, that's pretty handy to have around. I'm surprised that SRK doesn't have them on their wiki.

EVO date announced, July 6-8th 2012 at Caesars Palace. I don't think I can go though. I really really want to, I loved attending EVO this past July. But this date is the week of the July 4th holiday week. I work at a place that doesn't shut down during any holidays and vacation is seniority based. I've only been there a year so there are a ton of people ahead of me. So basically there is no way I see myself getting that week off. Looks like I'll be stream monstering from home next year. But even then, I'm going to have to call out on that Sunday because I work that day.

Timedog

good credit (by proxy)
is Cody's quick wake up way faster than other people's? Is Guy's normal wakeup faster than most peoples (a la pre-AE Adon?).

I safe jumped this shitty guy player like 4 times after sweeps and got blown up each time.

Timedog said:
is Cody's quick wake up way faster than other people's? Is Guy's normal wakeup faster than most peoples (a la pre-AE Adon?).

I safe jumped this shitty guy player like 4 times after sweeps and got blown up each time.

What did he hit you with? If it was a EX tatsu, that's a 4 frame start up. Although it's possible, it's hard to safe jump a 4 frame invincible move. If you got blown up by something else then it depends on what happened.

Got a chance to catch some of Season's Beatings. SF is ultimately better to watch. No dumb stuff like X-factor and Dark Phoenix. I can't believe how fast the top players play in SF4. Especially Momochi, Poongko, and Ricky.

Joekage

CODY!!!!!!!!!!!!

Momochi stole my thunder by being the first to win a major with Cody, but I'll be coming strong to keep up the Cody dominance in the US! Will be at every major in 2012 most likely, so I'm training hardcore....as soon as Microsoft sends back my 360.....

Joekage said:
CODY!!!!!!!!!!!!

Momochi stole my thunder by being the first to win a major with Cody, but I'll be coming strong to keep up the Cody dominance in the US! Will be at every major in 2012 most likely, so I'm training hardcore....as soon as Microsoft sends back my 360.....
We gotta play some mirror matches some time. I need to level up too.

Imm0rt4l

What were the highlights for seasons beatings? I only caught the final match, pretty busy weekend for me.

Also, I'm surprised that wolfkrone is dropping pad.

Imm0rt4l said:
What were the highlights for seasons beatings? I only caught the final match, pretty busy weekend for me.

Hard to say. All the matches were a blast.
I guess if I had to state some, Uryo vs Mago, Uryo vs Momochi, Ricky vs Poongko

notworksafe

Rice-Eater said:
EVO date announced, July 6-8th 2012 at Caesars Palace...
Can't wait to go! Last year was my first time there and I have to go back again! Going to fly this time though. The nine hour drive each way sucked.

From eventhubs: Capcom announced through 4Gamer that the release date for 2012 in the arcades is December 2nd, 10 days before the console release date.

biosnake20 said:
From eventhubs: Capcom announced through 4Gamer that the release date for 2012 in the arcades is December 2nd, 10 days before the console release date.
Can't wait for the vids to start rolling in.

Fosh

Neo Member
Imm0rt4l said:

Also, I'm surprised that wolfkrone is dropping pad.

Top 3 in AE was amazing. Ricky vs Uryo and Ricky vs Momo were both great matches to watch.

Also Justin droping FADC Ultra about 12 times during the tournament :(

Has Mago had a top 3 finish with fei besides SCR?

Fosh said:
Top 3 in AE was amazing. Ricky vs Uryo and Ricky vs Momo were both great matches to watch.

Also Justin droping FADC Ultra about 12 times during the tournament :(

Has Mago had a top 3 finish with fei besides SCR?

Are those videos up yet? I can't believe Ricky actually pulled it through against Uryo.

Timedog

good credit (by proxy)
I'm that greasefinger, Buffman. I'm that magic Mr. Sniffles, I got that heat cause I got the answer to that cold problem, Jack.

Somebody on PC or XBL need to get at me.

Maztorre

Shoutouts to GWFL, lost 450PP in one session for daring to check my messages during character select. Crashes the game, restart, go back and lose almost 100 points at a time. I know points don't matter etc but fuck it's annoying. Anybody have any solutions? Checked the game files on Steam with no issues.

Mœbius

biosnake20 said:
Given both this and the already announced console release date I find it hard to imagine them squeezing in another set of changes, given console certification / approval times. They would pretty much need to submit to MS and Sony by early November.

Was it ever mentioned by Capcom that there would be another set of changes after the most recent change list or was it simply people saying (hoping!) it would happen?

DjangoReinhardt

Thinks he should have been the one to kill Batman's parents.
pirateben said:
Given both this and the already announced console release date I find it hard to imagine them squeezing in another set of changes, given console certification / approval times. They would pretty much need to submit to MS and Sony by early November.

Was it ever mentioned by Capcom that there would be another set of changes after the most recent change list or was it simply people saying (hoping!) for it?
There hasn't been a peep out of Capcom. In fact, that last mini round of adjustments was a total surprise.

ETA: I wouldn't be at all shocked to see a bunch of undocumented changes.

Mœbius

I see, I thought that might be the case. Thanks for the confirmation.

As for undocumented changes, after seeing how Tokido got peace'd out at SB I hope they fix things like Akuma's ex tatsu glitch (or Sak's funky hurtbox in that case...).

Fosh

Neo Member
pirateben said:
I see, I thought that might be the case. Thanks for the confirmation.

As for undocumented changes, after seeing how Tokido got peace'd out at SB I hope they fix things like Akuma's ex tatsu glitch (or Sak's funky hurtbox in that case...).

Didnt they fix Ryu's? I wonder what the issue was and how they went about fixing it. Perhaps it will address Akuma's problem as well.

Mœbius

Fosh said:
Didnt they fix Ryu's? I wonder what the issue was and how they went about fixing it. Perhaps it will address Akuma's problem as well.
Yeah, i think they tried (and claimed) to fix it going from Super to AE, nerfing the move's number of hits and damage while they were at it... yet the glitch apparently remains (in Akuma's case, not sure about Ryu).

They did fix Ryu's EX tatsu. Although it will still only land 4 hits and reset sometimes(which is a very good thing), I've never seen it not knockdown since AE came out. But on the other hand, Akuma, Oni, and Evil Ryu continue to have the old EX tatsu that still causes no knockdown and leaves his opponent next to him if spaced incorrectly. I've had my share of those moments while playing Evil Ryu. After a EX tatsu, I always double dash to get close to my opponent so I can try to do something afterward. But it shocks me when I see that they're haven't gone anywhere and are right next to me after one dash.

Lost Fragment

Obsessed with 4chan
Nah ex soul spiral sucks.

Not sure why you think it's hard to punish when you play a character that has a 3-frame reversal that can be FADC'd into ultra.

Sf1Xk.png

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
Thanks for not going easy on me Seph. I love it. Pain! More pain! Learned a few things.

Yeah it seems Viper gets stun more easily than the characters I usually use. A combo and a half and she is dreaming of Iori.

Just got back from Ohio. Loads of fun there. Got to play against Uryo, Mago, and Tokido.
I went 2-6 with Uryo, 2-3 with Mago, and 4-2 with Tokido. Perfected Tokido and darn near double perfected Mago. ^_^

Conceited

mechaniphiliac
dragonballjoseph said:
Just got back from Ohio. Loads of fun there. Got to play against Uryo, Mago, and Tokido.
I went 2-6 with Uryo, 2-3 with Mago, and 4-2 with Tokido. Perfected Tokido and darn near double perfected Mago. ^_^

No Poongko?

Top Bottom