• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Street Fighter 4 Arcade Edition |OT4| Daigo Who?

Lost Fragment

Obsessed with 4chan
FindMyFarms said:
What exactly were the akuma changes?

2 more recovery frames after forward throw. st.hk is -2 on block. Demon flip palm is no longer an overhead. Can now ex fireball after ex demon flip. U2 damage buffed.

The end of the world, basically.

Imm0rt4l

Lost Fragment said:
I think the Akuma board on SRK has overtaken the Cammy board in terms of whininess.
Yep, for a while it seemed that the yang boards had that distinction. And real talk, I think yangs nerfs are warranted, I think he's even dumber than yun in some respects. But yea akuma players am cry now. I don't give a fuck about your feelings lil bro. red headed stepchild ass chump, get nerfed.

Timedog

good credit (by proxy)
MiniBossBattle said:
Just listened to the Cross Counter Jago episode. Man, why was Jago so antagonistic?

To get more viewers for his show. You could tell Gootecks was getting legitimately sort of pissed at one point, but then they bro hugged during the commercial break.

Lost Fragment said:
2 more recovery frames after forward throw. st.hk is -2 on block. Demon flip palm is no longer an overhead. Can now ex fireball after ex demon flip. U2 damage buffed.

The end of the world, basically.

Thank fucking god. That was the most brainless mashy move ever.

USD

GODSGARDEN have been uploading select matches from #4 as concept matches, with players providing commentary and analysis. Not sure of its usefulness here, since there are no English translations, but I'll post anyway:

GODSGARDEN#4 Commentary 1 - Itabashi Zangief vs. Ikoma Devil
Commentary: Kazunoko, Dogura (Ikoma Devil)

GODSGARDEN#4 Commentary 2 - Kazunoko vs. Uryo
Commentary: Uryo, Kazunoko

GODSGARDEN#4 Commentary 3 - Sako vs. Fuudo
Commentary: Dogura, Haitani

Also, Kazunoko is a troll. From the beginning of the first video:

Dogura (D): So this is the Zangief-Dictator match-up!

Kazunoko (K):Who has the advantage.

D: Well... um it was pretty tough back in Vanilla! Hmm... playing a "have to do it" character, needing brush tip-level of precision sort of feel.

K: Yeah, who cares about Vanilla, we're talking about AE.

D: (About the match-up) Slightly bad, slightly bad.

K: Really bad?

D: A little bad... no, so-so bad.

K: So it's even, even right?

D: Huh?

Sooo FC Jago, lol, was definitely antagonistic on Crosscountertv, but it definitely made it enjoyable with that air of uncomfortable.

I also peeped that video on their site with Ameriken, F. Champ, LI Joe, Scott Popular and Mike Ross talking about playing in Japan. It was a month and a half ago, and the Viper salt was strong.

Izuna

Banned
biosnake20 said:
what guide?

http://shoryuken.com/forum/index.php?forums/ibuki.44/

asdsa.png

FindMyFarms said:
Well, when bison mashes it, he gets some damage. Akuma? Damage -> combo (more damage) -> stupid safe mixup. I'd rather put up with bisons :/

So true, I'm glad that shit doesn't work on Shoto's. It doesn't necessarily stop Akuma players from doing it, but they will be much more careful with it since me crouch blocking it means they lose at least 200+ life.

EDIT: After watching Uryo's Sakura over this past weekend(and DBJ's), I felt inspired to finish Sakura's trials. I just spent the last 30 minutes trying to complete 22-24, and I did it, I finally did it. That's 12 down, 23 to go.....damn, my execution sucks.

Mœbius

FindMyFarms said:
Thank fucking god. That was the most brainless mashy move ever.
Then you'll probably be even happier to hear that it also get a damage nerf, lol.

I can totally understand the change in terms of making it less mashy, more risky to just throw out, but less damage too - how does that make sense? Where's my reward for being more cautious with its use and successfully hitting?

pirateben said:
Then you'll probably be even happier to hear that it also get a damage nerf, lol.

I can totally understand the change in terms of making it less mashy, more risky to just throw out, but less damage too - how does that make sense? Where's my reward for being more cautious with its use and successfully hitting?
Your reward is that it can still lead into a knockdown.

pirateben said:

250+ damage which leads to the vortex, how can that not sound rewarding? It was all reward, very little to no risk(except against some characters). At least they're balancing it out a bit now. But when you do hit it, it will still lead to big damage and put you in the perfect position to start the vortex. I can't think of any other character in the game that can just throw out a normal(and not be directly in your face) which can lead to big damage like Akuma can.

gutabo

Kimosabae said:
Anyone got a link to the Jago interview?
Here's the interview: http://www.thestream.tv/4/andre-lambert-fingercramp/
For me it was more like old friends dicking each other live. At the end they even call him in again to interview the winner of the live match.

pirateben said:
Your reward is:
FindMyFarms said:
Damage -> combo (more damage) -> stupid safe mixup.

I think Akuma is a bit like Storm in MvC2, he's not the absolute best at anything but he can do a bit of everything. He has lots of tools and he can be very versatile.

EDIT: Beaten, badly.

Mœbius

Yeah sorry I was speaking more as a crappy player who can't always go into a combo from a st.HK starter... self-exposed! :p

Also I was thinking of it more in terms of its use as a poke, but yeah your points are valid. I'll shut up now.

Naar

As some might know that Daigo is now in Kuwait and he just finished playing against them in MvC3 and today at 3PM GMT we will start Street Fighter.

I am sure he will be destroying everyone there and there is no problem in that :D you get better and learn from your mistakes.

I am also sorry if there will be any drops in quality or whatever in the stream because I had to reorganize the whole event in just a few days. I really was hoping for much better regarding streaming but this is the hand I was dealt with.

The channel is Ustream.com/fikrakw and I hope at least it will show better quality for Street Fighter.

Timedog

good credit (by proxy)
^^^link for Daigo doesn't work!!!!!!!

I NEED TO SEE DAIGO :(((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((

HOW DID DAIGO PREPARE?????

Threi

notag
Timedog said:
You used to play Bison, asshole!~~
yeah back when bison was cool (vanilla)

now he's just a bunch of purple derpness. Makes me sad what these players in SSF4 and AE get away with...and on top of that think they are hot shit for it too :(

Top Bottom