• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Street Fighter 4 Arcade Edition |OT4| Daigo Who?

Conceited

mechaniphiliac
Pretty crazy that Poongko jumped on a plane straight to the Netherlands right after Seasons Beatings, landed, went right to the tourney and played money matches and casuals for 14 hours straight with no sleep in between. He earns that Machine moniker.

fubarduck

USD said:
Yeah, most of the European tournaments I've watched are 2/3 all the way, which I don't really understand. At least put Grand Finals at 3/5.

"What's the point in 3/5 grand finals?"

"It has a better chance of determining the better player."

"So why not do the whole tournament 3/5?"

I never understood the practice of making the last one or two matches a greater number of games than the rest of the tournament, especially when the grand finals often goes to two sets. Just makes for incredibly long sets in the GF that usually don't need to be that long.

Fraeon

fubarduck said:
I never understood the practice of making the last one or two matches a greater number of games than the rest of the tournament, especially when the grand finals often goes to two sets. Just makes for incredibly long sets in the GF that usually don't need to be that long.

I've always thought the practice was to make grand finals seem more... well, grand, not really to better determine the superior player.

I don't really think that double elimination really provides that different results either if you have best of 3 or best out of 5 sets.

Nyoro SF

fubarduck said:
"What's the point in 3/5 grand finals?"

"It has a better chance of determining the better player."

"So why not do the whole tournament 3/5?"

3/5 for Losers Winners and Grand Finals is also for spectator purposes so that high level play gets to be watched longer.

So not only do top players get more chances to make game-changing decisions, but spectators get more content.

I like Fubar's train of thought. 2/3 is fine for a double elimination tournament.

To make it worse is when it's 3/5 loser and winner's finals. There's a such thing as too much of a good thing.

Spiderjericho said:
I like Fubar's train of thought. 2/3 is fine for a double elimination tournament.

To make it worse is when it's 3/5 loser and winner's finals. There's a such thing as too much of a good thing.

broz0rs

Spiderjericho said:

great example was that Flocker vs. Viscant marathon at SB:V

zzz

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
Threi said:
Threi vs Lost Fragment ft10 salty runback coming soon

get hype

Black guy calls out white guy. And it will be streamed.

Any other grudge matches, now is the time to call out your opponent.

I'd called out Sushi but she don't want none of this.

Lost Fragment

Obsessed with 4chan
Finals from Red Fight District. Dude says "versus" like the guy from epic rap battles of history.

Kadey said:
Black guy calls out white guy. And it will be streamed.

Yep. The salt/history begins on this page. Then...

A1Qn6.jpg

<Fragment> threi's been duckin' me
<Fragment> joins Kadey's lobbies then quits when he sees I'm there
<Fragment> Kappa
<AZ_Greg> he doesn't want to break anything :(
<threi_> fragment
<threi_> dont kid yourself
<threi_> seriously
<threi_> i will ft10 you anytime, anywhere
<jlai> dat Kappa
<Sloth> Look at what you've done, Greg
<jlai> FIGHT FIGHT FIGHT
<AZ_Greg> :>
<Sloth> |:
<Fragment> He mad
<Sloth> Oh shit
<Fragment> I challenge you to a FT10
<Fragment> 3am Christmas morning
<threi_> :|
<Fragment> In the parking lot at the Louisville zoo

RUN THAT SHIT BACK. Streamed by Kadey tomorrow night (probably). Threi vs Fragment salty runback FT10. Get highly erotic.

Azure J

Gotta say, as much as leveling up in this game is the best feeling in the world, coming back to it after not playing for a while has got to be the flip side to that coin. Now instead of feeling accomplished because of "holy shit, I actually pulled that off" factor, there's more "what the fuck, I used to do that so easy..." :(

In other news, what does Makoto-GAF do for extension of combos? Currently, I'm still elementary with mine, but I really want to start working some new things in so I don't choke and go for one unsafe poke too many against my bro, who mashes that Ryu SRK all day err day. :p

Isn't Ferdi the guy that GAF local Rocky Balboa exposed on Youtube when he sent Rocky racist hate mail?

Oh and goodness, Poongko's corner pressure is insane. In that video from yesterday that showed Poongko vs VRyu, VRyu actually posted in the comments section saying the same thing.

Rice-Eater said:
Isn't Ferdi the guy that GAF local Rocky Balboa exposed on Youtube when he sent Rocky racist hate mail?

Oh and goodness, Poongko's corner pressure is insane. In that video from yesterday that showed Poongko vs VRyu, VRyu actually posted in the comments section saying the same thing.

Same guy. Every once in a while when I play against him in ranked he sends me shit aftwerwards (win or lose). I blocked him months ago, so I don't know what kind of shit he is sending. I still know that he tries his 'best' to offend.

Rocky_Balboa said:
Same guy. Every once in a while when I play against him in ranked he sends me shit aftwerwards (win or lose). I blocked him months ago, so I don't know what kind of shit he is sending. I still know that he tries his 'best' to offend.

Damn, he still hasn't let that go? I can't believe how immature he still is about it even after all this time. He brought it on himself and should move on, but it doesn't look like that's happening anytime soon.

BTW, are either you or Corky Dutch? Did either of you two or any of Euro SF GAF go to Red Fight District?

Rice-Eater said:
Damn, he still hasn't let that go? I can't believe how immature he still is about it even after all this time. He brought it on himself and should move on, but it doesn't look like that's happening anytime soon.

BTW, are either you or Corky Dutch? Did either of you two or any of Euro SF GAF go to Red Fight District?

I think he is just that type - can't handle losing and childish. Also I think he is a fan of poongko, but he still posts racist, anti-gay stupid shit on youtube with his account, which is ThePoongko.

Corky is Swedish and I am Finnish. I have only participated in local tournaments. I'm usually at the TOP4 in here, but it won't be enough for bigger tournaments. So nope, I didn't go. Some day I might go to Dreamhack in Sweden or something.

Corky

Nine out of ten orphans can't tell the difference.
Rocky_Balboa said:
I think he is just that type - can't handle losing and childish. Also I think he is a fan of poongko, but he still posts racist, anti-gay stupid shit on youtube with his account, which is ThePoongko.

Corky is Swedish and I am Finnish. I have only participated in local tournaments. I'm usually at the TOP4 in here, but it won't be enough for bigger tournaments. So nope, I didn't go. Some day I might go to Dreamhack in Sweden or something.

I miss you :(

Give me a shoutout and we can plan a marathon FT50 session some day soon or something.

Corky said:
I miss you :(

Give me a shoutout and we can plan a marathon FT50 session some day soon or something.

Do you still have your 360 version or access to it? At the moment I don't have a PC that could run SSF4AE well enough, so I am bound to my X360.

Skilotonn

xbot xbot xbot xbot xbot
Awwww man, the Poongko charity event-whoops, I mean, Red Fight District was this weekend? I never knew when it was going down, and I was busy all weekend anyways.

And I know I don't even have to ask, no doubt the real Poongko shat all in the wannabe Poongko's mouth. Maybe Ferdi will realize that being an online booster and a winner in a country that's nowhere on the map for international Street Fighter actually means nothing.

Rice-Eater said:

Ferdi is such a whiny baby. He even talks shit about alioune.

Corky

Rocky_Balboa said:
Do you still have your 360 version or access to it? At the moment I don't have a PC that could run SSF4AE well enough, so I am bound to my X360.

I don't I'm afraid, though I do find myself at my mates house from time to time and we usually play some SF together, maybe one of those days.

Conceited

mechaniphiliac
FindMyFarms said:
what happened?

This;

BROKENTIER said:
Latif has been a close friend of mine since the first time I ever played him in Guilty Gear (back in '07!), and having him rep our name has been an amazing experience. I wanted to help him get to events easier, and if something better came up, I told him to grab it. Well, the time is upon us... I wish him nothing but the best of luck with his new sponsorship, and hope you guys keep cheering for him! I know I will!

Fraeon

The speed at which these players switch sponsors is astounding. I wonder if the sponsors are having the issue or the players themselves.

kirblar

Fraeon said:
The speed at which these players switch sponsors is astounding. I wonder if the sponsors are having the issue or the players themselves.
It's just a matter of needing to "upgrade" if you start putting up serious results and can reliably make money/place at events you attend.

vulva

Abdullatif Alhmili: not today; it'll be a lil while; a week maybe lil more :p; will see; cant say anything bout it for now; even tho i really want to XD

Crouch strong into crouch forward... I plink that.
Stand strong into shoulder... I genei-jin that.
Wins from scrubs... I take that.
But im not a yun player.

Corky

biosnake20 said:
But im not a yun player.
ioSM0NUcjrRTJ.gif

Threi

notag
biosnake20 said:
But im not a yun player.
I was going to make that reference but had no way to fit it in...yet

mute spittah > supa hot fire

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
So Threi is calling out Timedog too? Will Timey accept? This can happen immediately afterwards.

I think there should be a wager. Loser gets to use an avatar of the winner's choosing for a month.

Grudge match will be around 9-10 PM Eastern.

jlai

Kadey said:
So Threi is calling out Timedog too? Will Timey accept? This can happen immediately afterwards.

I think there should be a wager. Loser gets to use an avatar of the winner's choosing for a month.

Grudge match will be around 9-10 PM Eastern.

ww5dZ.png

2301774_olfpn.gif

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Okay, so the AE Patch to SSF4 360/PS3: What all does it give for free? Just the replay channel update? No new tags?

Timedog

good credit (by proxy)
Oh, I accept Threi's challenge. 1 month avatar challenge? I bet that.

Who does threi play besides DeeJay?

Top Bottom